La Quinta Inn & Suites Great Falls
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 10 August 2006

Ours was an unfortunate stay at the LaQuinta in Great Falls.

We arrived early evening without a reservation and took the last non-smoking room available for the night. The front desk was efficient and friendly, but for our stay that's where it ended.

( Dear reader, let me tell you now- I'm not a super clean freak!)

We quickly stashed our luggage in the room and headed to the great pizza place next door.

After coming back late from dinner and upon closer inspection of the room, we found the housekeeping sorely lacking. The shower had not been wiped clean- hairs and water puddled throughout. Smears on the mirrors etc. The dark green carpet clearly hadn't been vac'd in a while- toenails, food crumbs and lint all visible. The towels had been changed out, but the sheets looked marginally clean and some of the pillowcases definately hadn't been changed. (We were exhausted, so we just put towels over the pillows and collapsed.) The electrical outlet plate near the sink was loose from the wall. The clock radio/alarm was unplugged when we arrived and we found out why- when we plugged it in and cleared it so the alarm wouldn't go off- but it did- at 2:00AM. We unplugged it too. The coffee maker had seen better days-

My husband went down in the morning to use the computer- something was wrong with their internet access- no one could figure out how to fix it.

Breakfast was what you'd expect at this type of motel accomodation, though again cleaning was marginal if non existant. There were (old)smears etc. on the serving equipment.

As seasoned travelers, we always use earplugs. We suggest others do too- right across the street from the motel, the train comes blowing through around 6:00 am.

I did fill out the feedback form that had been left in the room and I handed it to the clerk after I checked out. She mentioned something about comping the room, but my list was so long and by then I needed to get on down the road, I didn't stay to go through it all with her- I felt they would know how to give me a credit on my Visa if they were really concerned about comping for their customers' bad experiences. I put my email address on the card as well, but haven't heard a word from them.

I have never, in all the times I've used Trip Advisor, felt compelled to write a review- and I have always wondered about the one or two sour reviews amongst all the glowing reports, but this was my poor experience at the La Quinta in Great Falls and I won't return!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Wrenhouse