“Great Beer and drinks”

The Front Public House
Ranked #25 of 184 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blaine, Washington
“Great Beer and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great place. They not only have their crafted beer but also serve cocktails and wine. Wonderful choice of foods to go with your beverage. I loved the cheese and meat platter.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Boyshe

Lethbridge, Canada
“Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This review is about the invasive, ineffectual tab policy at The Front. Not the food, nor the beer.

First time I visited The Front was in Feb '14. At that time Bryce informed me about their 2nd birthday party on June 28 and I decided to attend. Jumped on the back of the Hawg & rode 2-1/2 hours to Great Falls, across an international border. Just for the beer, a bite of food and a good time. Got there, ordered a pint. Before I could get served and if I wanted to run a tab, I needed to supply them with a valid credit card. Upon receipt of said credit card, they would issue me my little numbered tag for my corresponding beer tab.

I muttered & grumbled, explained to Bryce my misgivings about handing over my credit card & she asked my what other sort of collateral I had. Jokingly I offered her the keys to the bike, she said "OK". Not a chance, lady... Grudgingly, I gave her my credit card, got my tab number & proceeded to drink my beer. A short time later I walked over to the restaurant side of things & ordered a burger. Meal was served, ate it, I finished my single pint, and with a sour taste in my mouth from the tab process, asked for my bill from another waitress.

Register bill shows up, $8 more than what I had calculated. Huh? Let's see that tab. One burger, three beers. I looked at the waitress & asked her what kind of shape I'd be in if I had 3 pints of Apocalyptico (a 9.5% beer) in an hour & 15 minutes? She agreed, changed the bill to the burger only, told me my beer was on the house, I paid the bill, tipped her & left.

Now, before I go any further, I'd like to clarify a few things. 1) The place was packed, inside & out, &, both as a businessman & a patron, I completely understand the need for some way to control walkouts. 2) You say you don't know me. You're worried about me walking out on a $20 beer tab, yet I'm supposed to trust you with a signed credit card, including the 4 digit security code, with a $20,000 limit? I don't know any of you, either. How about a half dozen other non-invasive ways to link me to my tab? 3) I would have stayed & spent more money if I didn't feel violated as soon as I walked into your place.

So, your tab policy offends people, your tab system obviously doesn't work (my example alone cost you three beer, $12), how many other people unknowingly paid for drinks they didn't have that day and how many others had to get their tabs corrected? Just to be clear, I'm not accusing The Front wait staff of knowingly adding beer to my tab. I truly believe that the extra pints were put on by mistake, thinking they were on the correct tab when, in fact, they weren't.

Either way, it shouldn't be work on my behalf to want to come in & spend money at your business. Adopt a quick, non-invasive, accurate tab system or eliminate the option completely. You're not only losing money on untraceable product, you're offending people &, like me, they're not coming back.

The only ray of sunshine in this whole story is the dark-haired waitress who got me my tab, fixed the error, handled the inconvenience in a professional manner and smiled at me as I left. Thank you. While I appreciate how you handled the problem, too bad you won't be my waitress again, as I won't be back. Your boss's tab policy is simply not worth the headache.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank FeXL-Biker
“Out Fricken Standing...again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My first visit was in 2012 and was thoroughly impressed not only with the beer but, with the service and the food and that lucious morning coffee that helped me awake. NOw its 2014 and everytime I come to Great falls I make sure I stay nearby. Nothing changes, and glad of it....Love this place... no complaints. My only wish is that you would open up one of these in Panama City Beach Florida. Bravo gang, truly amazing, love the faster Bassett and The Front and everything that is connected... fantastic appreciate you all...

Billings, Montana
“Great beer and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Very good place to grab a beer and a place to eat. Lot of options for beer and the service was great. Check out the location next to the Staybridge Suites on the West Bank.

Visited July 2014
Missoula, Montana
“Another one of great falls best options.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Not a lot of good options in great falls but this place stands out. Part brewpub/burger joint, and part crepe/coffee shop. Sure the latter is technically the faster basset, but they're in the same room. Good beer. Good food. Good atmosphere and not on 10th. Hard to beat that.

Visited June 2014