“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Ponderosa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge Ponderosa
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Havre, Montana
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Quality Inn. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful. Initial we were put into a room with one queen bed and I was concerned that the AC was a bit loud. The gentleman at the desk offered us a sincere apology and upgraded us to a room with a king size bed. Before seeing this hotel I was a bit worried that I might be a dump (downtown location and great rate) but I was very much impressed at the overall quality of the hotel and staff. Our room was clean and very quiet even though the place looked packed. They do not have a free breakfast but the in house restaurant, the Tap House Grill, offers a discount for hotel guests. I was disappointed that the bar in the hotel was closed for remodeling. The front desk told me that the Tap house grill owner was taking over the bar. This is a upgrade if he runs it as well as the restaurant. This is the best value for money hotel I have stayed at in a long time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

I stayed at the QUALITY Inn because I am a member of Choice Privileges. My stay was one of the best I have had while visiting Montana. The winters are brutal, but the nice underground parking made it enjoyable. I was very pleased I did not have to start my car or scrape my windshield early in the morning. It was also a plus that I was able to bring my little furry companion Charlie with me. Some hotels do not allow pets, but fortunately this hotel let me. The staff was also very attentive, as well as eager to fix any issues I experienced (I.E. asking for more towels). Although the outdoor pool was closed due to it being winter (obviously) it looked like a great place a family would enjoy in the summer. I will be back to this great facility next time I visit Great Falls, MT.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

first of all-we paid a good rate..but don't get what u pay for..it's July and HOT but several of our 10 rooms have little, or no,AIR CONDITIONING!!Talked to several other guests and they know from staying there for acouple of months-u have to keep changing rooms 'till u find a cool one!Plus the internet barely works in most rooms,and NOT at all in others!!Front desk only suggests that we come to the lobby to use a computer!We checked in one room as an 'office' and arranged things,only to find out there is no INTERNET!!I could try another room but no one knows which ones will work and might have to go 4th floor!The heat however is the WORST!!Rooms are big,bedding is nice,furniture seems new...could be nice.I expected more from a Quality Inn...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

East Wenatchee, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed one night. Yes, just one night. We used the beds and the bathrooms, that was ALL and were billed for damage to a desk that wasn't even used. They obviously like to steal money from honest customers without any proof. We arrived at home in Washington with a bill in the mail with the only explaination of "damage to desk". No details, no pictures! They were very uncourteous and the place touted a pool. There was no water in the pool. What a vacation we had from Hedes! If you have a choice, don't stay at this location. If I had it to do over, I would have stayed in my car. Thank you Quality Inn for screwing up our summer vacation. Again, DON'T stay at this location, it truly is NOT quality!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Ellensburg, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Good downtown location...but follow directions carefully...Central avenue disappears into 1st St.. just east of the river. Watch for the right hand turn just after you pass under the underpass (going east) Central then parallels 1st a block to the south. No signs...so watch carefully.

Underground parking is free...but the usual array of amenities are not offered. King room has a single cup coffee maker but no refrigerators or microwaves. Coffee lobby was offered...but on our visit the pot was empty. Snack machines out of order. The free (at least continental) breakfast one would normally expect of this level of establishment at this price is not offered.

Our room is large, good big t.v., and clean.

For about $80.00, it's quality and offerings are no more than average or a bit below.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

Very pleasant surprise. I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago because I am on a limited business budget and the rates here are good. Since my last stay they completely renovated the place. Great beds, big rooms, clean and all new from carpet to lobby. Terrific restaurant. Only negative was the elevator was out of service for replacement, but that was fixed the day we left. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

Great place to stay. The Hotel was just remodeled, new beds are Oh so comfortable and the room very clean. Underground parking location close to everything. The Tap House Grill served us a delicious Breakfast and Lunch while We were in town. We visited Charles Russell Art Museums known for Western Art. Also stoped by the Lewis and Clark Center on the Missuri River a short car drive from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends