“Decent rooms good restraunt”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I thought the rooms were spacious and clean. They were slightly dated, but still comfortable. I would suggest the purchase of new pillows. All pillows were lumpy and not that comfy. We ate at the restraunt for dinner and again for breakfast, and both meals were very good. The swimming pool was a little dirty, but fun. There is a small waterslide that was enjoyable. Overall, this was a good stay.I like that it is a pet friendly hotel, but I think $20/night extra for a pet was a little much.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear "cwal6ft,"

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Good news..We actually are in the process of replacing our pillows! Your room just hadn't been reached yet, and I apologize for that. Our pet fee is $20.00 per stay, not per night. We will be sure to coach our team on giving the correct information on those incidental fees. Once again, thank you so much for your input, and we hope to see you back in the future. Please contact me, and I would be happy to do a complimentary breakfast for you.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time because military base lodging but told me they didn't have vacancy. I knew this hotel had a swimming pool which my daughter enjoys and they allowed my pets which was good. What they do not have are cameras in the parking lot that work. One night while stating there someone broke into my car and stole mine and my wife's iPods, my GPS, my iPhone 5, and a few other valuables. Upon discovery, I looked up at the hotel building and realized I was parked right in front of a camera that was faced out toward my car in the parking lot. When I went to the front desk to report it and let them know that the camera facing my car in the parking lot should help catch the thief. She replied" oh those cameras don't work, none of the exterior cameras work. They are just mock cameras" When I had the cops come out when I made a report they relayed to me that there have been quite a few vehicle break ins in that area and that it wasn't the first vehicle break in at that Holiday Inn. Not to blame anyone specifically, it kind of makes me think it may have been someone who is employed there because they had to know those cameras didn't work. With that said, make sure you have good insurance if you stay at this hotel. This has to be a safety hazard.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank keggraham1110
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear "keggraham1110,"

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can understand how frustrating and disheartening it would be to have personal belongings stolen. We apologize for the loss of items and hope that all of them are returned to you and your family. The cameras that you saw outside are monitoring our employee break areas. Unfortunately we do not have cameras that monitor the parking lot. We appreciate the feedback and truly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The staff here is great the rooms are clean, but when I stayed here with my son the last part of april the pool was very dirty several times while swimming we found big strings of hair in the pool and strings of hair on the floor by the pool that someone had taken out of the pool the hot tub water was very dirty too. It was very disappointing as the pool is one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. The restaurant had great food as always and the staff was excellent

Room Tip: we have always gotten a good room here on any floor no noise or problems with the room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear "Michelle C,"

Thank you for your review. I apologize for your experience in the pool. Please know that we have hired extra staff to properly monitor that area and the cleanliness. We appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear that everything else went well.

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really from a holiday inn perspective overpriced rooms and worn. It needs major work to get to a modern holiday inn stnd. Plus- if you are looking for a place with nightlife bar, good bar staff this is the place. Oh, rooms are nice. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear "Seattleaviationfella,"

Thank you for the review. We really do appreciate the comments about the bar and the nice rooms. Renovation is a constant process at most properties and is definitely something we continue to do as well. Within the next year, we will be remodeling our guest rooms with all new decor, carpet, and vinyl. Thank you for the input. It's always good to know what we can improve upon from a guest's perspective.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stopped in here for a night while passing thru Great Falls. We were very please with our decision to stay here. We were greeted with a warm smile from the front desk clerk. The lobby was amazing! The room was very well decorated with new bedding and awesome pillows! The swimming pool was fun for all ages. I am 34 and my son is 12. We played for hours on the water slide. It was great family time being h
ere. Our only complaint is the walls are super thin. You can here every conversation from your neighbors and our neighbors were rude! That was nothing the hotel could control. When in Great Falls we will stay here again! We loved this place.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bigcat12
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear "Bigcat12,"

We just wanted to shoot a quick message to you saying THANK YOU for the wonderful review! We love to have you stay with us again. Please get in touch with me, and I'll do a free pizza for you and your family.

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

We choose to stay here because of the pool when we stayed over night for a funeral. It was the weekend of State AA basketball so there was a ton of kids running around. For the most part the 2 or 3 rooms were ok. They were next to the elevators which traditionally is nosey but I'm not sure if it was because we slept with a fan on, it was actually very quite. Our 3rd room with a baby wasn't so lucky. They were placed over looking the pool area. It was very hot and very loud. Over all the rooms were large and mostly clean, minus the partially eatin rice Krispy treat in or room I found while trying to use the power strip in the room. The plumbing in our bathroom was terrible though. You had to wait 10 minutes after each use or it wouldn't flush right away and the sink faucet kept falling off when you tried to use it. Plus the warmth of the water want that great but unclear if it was due to volume of people. You'd think with 7 floors, it would be expected. The breakfast was ok and the staff was fairly nice minus the housekeeping staff who mostly glared at you. We never got a chance to use the very small pool due to the number of children in it which I was pretty disappointed in. Might go back if we are ever if Great Falls again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear "JP406,"

Thank you for your review. I just wanted to address some of the things that you pointed out. You mentioned that there was a lot of noise by the pool. We offer many different rooms and room types that are away from the pool. If you return in the future, please feel free to request something away from there, and we would be happy to place you where requested. I'm not sure if you had time to report the maintenance issues, but we certainly would have been happy to get someone from our maintenance team in there to take care of everything. We should not have placed you in a room that did not have proper plumbing, and I apologize for that. Our staff would like to invite you back for a future stay. I would love to do something special for you...Please get in touch with me, and I can do something for your next stay.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

My 2 kids and I head to Montana for Spring Break shopping pretty much every year. We have stayed at this hotel twice now and are headed back in 2 weeks for our third stay. My kids love this place! The pool is nice, waterslide is fun, bouncy house is a blast! The rooms are nice and the beds are super comfy, also the restaurant has great food! Perfect location for some shopping in Great Falls. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Give this hotel a try, we are glad we did!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear " noangelx,"

Thank you so much! Please give me a call before your next stay, and we can definitely do a great discount on a Pizza Package or a Shopping Package for you and your family!