“Clean, spacious, good customer service.”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Clean, spacious, good customer service.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is a older hotel and the interior shows that, however we booked this room with 3 of us girls for a shopping weekend and it was great for this. The room and bathroom were very spacious, beds comfy, it was quiet, clean, and the staff were really helpful. We didn't end up using the pool so I can't comment on that, however we did try out the bar when we first arrived and the prices were great for drinks and good selection of beers on tap, again really great staff. You are also very close to shopping here, we could have walked to the mall if we wanted to. Overall great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Danielle S,

Thank you so much for that review. Our staff will be happy to know that you said such nice things about them! Give us a call next time you come to town with the girls for shopping. We have an awesome shopping package that you might be interested in.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Carrickfergus, N Ireland
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on route to Yellowstone with Titan Tours. Very comfortable room and clean bathroom. Had a good evening meal and service was fairly quick. Breakfast wasn't great! Overall I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Dear briers,

Thank you for the review. We're glad that everything seemed to go well with your stay. We love having your tour group down here! If you get a moment, please let me know what the problem was with breakfast. We'd like to have an opportunity to fix it. Thank you again, and hopefully we will see you passing through here in the future.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just as you would expect. Great room, clean as a whistle, average breakfast, air conditioned, just off the highway. A little pricey but worth it. This was a kid friendly hotel with a water slide but was not all that noisy

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms near the water slide unless you are traveling with your kids
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Liz T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear FrauMac,

Thank you for the 4 star review! We have passed your nice comments onto our staff...They very much appreciate that. Give me a call next time you're in town, and we can do a "Waterslide & Pizza" package at a discounted price for you!
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked the hotel on hotwire for $70, which was the most reasonable we could find. Everything was in it's place and well maintained. The views out of the room weren't anything special, but the central atrium with a grizzly bear was quite amusing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BozoneBill
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear BozoneBill,

Thank you for the 4 stars sir! We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We needed a room and went to a random hotel. Normally this is something I would plan, but our trip was spontaneous. When we walked in we were greeted by a clerk named Michele. She was really happy and friendly and made us feel really welcome. She made a great first impression and I wanted to mention that because I know how easy it for people to complain about what was wrong, but rarely do people acknowledge the good things, so I wanted her to get the credit for being awesome!

We checked in and went to our room on the 7th floor. The room kinda smelled like urine, but after checking everything I figured it must be in the carpet. It was unpleasant, but after some time in the room, you didn't notice it so much anymore. The entire room appeared to be clean. I even pulled back the sheets to check the mattress and everything was good. There was a note on the table from Janelle who cleaned the room. I think that this kind of ownership for the job you do is great. It offers complete accountability.

The AC needs updating as it it VERY loud. We could even hear the hum coming from the next rooms.

With being on the 7th floor, we thought we would have a view. No view, but that didn't matter because the table blocks the entire window. You actually have to climb on top of the table to open and close the drapes.

The shower head looked a little disappointing, but after starting the shower - it was amazing!! Great water pressure, but the temp couldn't get as hot as I wanted. The shower rod was installed too high and doesn't keep water from getting on the floor. After getting in the shower, something weird happened. When I got in the shower, someone knocked twice on the door and I swear, I heard the door open (I was alone at the time). No one came in (it was almost like they opened the door to see if we were gone, heard the shower and quietly left). I thought I was imagining it until I read other reviews where sketchy stuff has happened before. I don't know for sure, but it was odd.

The pool was small and the water was cloudy. My kids were happy, so again, not a big issue.

The portion sizes in the restaurant are HUGE!!! We are from Alberta, and we are not used to servings this big, but it is a great value for your money. 3 pancakes for us is equivalent to one or one and a half here. That was a crazy amount of food. But again, you don't feel like you aren't being ripped off, which is great.

My biggest complaint was the staff break/smoking area. It is located right next to the lobby doors and the over-powering stench of smoke was awful!! I don't think that having smoking so close to the main doors in appropriate or professional and should be moved to another location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KellyandRod
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear KellyandRod,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay here. You are right, it's very positive to have good things said, and the girls that you mentioned will really truly appreciate that. I just wanted to address a couple of the items that you mentioned. We would love to know what room you stayed in to take a look at the things you brought up. If you get a moment, would you contact me to discuss please? We plan on replacing all of our HVAC units in the very near future. We have already started and are in the process of that. The knock on your door might have been from our housekeeping staff. If they see your room as a check-out without a "Do not Disturb" sign up, they would check to see if you're out of that room. I apologize for them startling you. We have had a team meeting with our maintenance staff about our pool and will take the necessary steps to keep the pool clean. We drain the pool and treat it with chemicals daily, but we will certainly take other steps to keep that area looking nice. We will also have a discussion with our staff members about designated smoking areas. I'm glad that there were positive notes to your stay, and we really hope to see you and your family back. Please contact me with the room information and to discuss the hotel doing something nice for you for a future stay!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel is a bit shabby, and the restaurant is just so-so.
But the rooms are OK and The staff is great, very helpful.
Big complaint is that management has chosen Dish Network for TV, and opted not to carry Public Television (PBS). So no Sesame Street for the kids, and no News Hour or Charlie Rose for me.

For my second night in Great Falls I switched to the same chain's Staybridge Suites, so I could get PBS.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear mhenner,

Thank you for the review. We are remodeling our guest rooms and a few other areas of the building in the very near future. We appreciate that feedback. Unfortunately, we do not have PBS, but we do have multiple news stations and Cartoon Network for the kiddos. Again, we appreciate you passing this onto us and choosing our property for your stay.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The young lady at the front desk was so accommodating and helpful and gave us a beautiful room with a very nice view. A lovely older hotel with easy access and central to all amenities. The room rates are very fair, the meals in the dining room are excellent and very reasonable as are the drink prices in the lounge. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Sharon B,

Thank you! Let me know when you will be back next, and I will include some free drink and restaurant coupons.