“Clean and good value”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Denver, Colorado
“Clean and good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you have reasonable expectations this is a good place to stay. It has been modernized and is kept clean and maintained. We stay here after our campground fell through and paid just about $120 for a night. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear BrandonNCo,

Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you next time.

HIGF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We took an on the spur of the moment trip to Great Falls without making a room reservation beforehand. After trying four other hotels we were thankful that the Holiday Inn could accommodate us. We were in room 230 and for the most part it was lovely. It was a little disconcerting to see the wall paper in the far right corner peeling off and black behind it, also along the ceiling in the same area. Otherwise everything was very nice and comfortable. There is a lovely pool that I would have loved to enjoy but due to the fact there were children playing and splashing and jumping in I could not. I realize that the pool is there for everyone but if a person just wants to swim for some exercise it is almost impossible. Perhaps a solution would be to have an hour in the evenings that is just "Adult Only". We ate breakfast in the hotel both mornings and were very impressed with the service and the food. Our server was amazing.
We found the hotel staff to be happy, smiling, and helpful............no complaints at all. We will definitely choose the hotel for any future visits to Great Falls. It is centrally located within close proximity to shopping and restaurants in the area. It is situated back from the main road so quite peaceful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear halowings,

Thank you for your review. Our employees will be very glad to know that you had many nice things to say. We do offer a great deal on a shopping package that includes coupons to Great Falls merchants, a $25.00 Visa card, complimentary hot breakfast, and much more. Let me know when you will be back, and I'd be happy to offer you a discount on this.

AGM- HIGF
Dublin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had excellent stay here at the "Holiday Inn" . My daughter loved the "WATERSLIDE" and we loved our stay staff was wonderful. Food was excellent, Bar was very nice compared to other hotels and had little casino as well. Hotel also serves "Starbucks" coffee.
Our room was nice ,clean and beds were very comfortable. Obviously they can't provided different types of beds according to everyone preference. Big flat screen Tv's in rooms .Kids eat free with order to cook breakfast.
Overall on this trip we had one of the best stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Roger D,

Thank you so much for your review sir! We are so glad to hear that you and your family had one of the best stays with us on your travels. We would love to have you back for your next trip. Let us know when, and I'll throw in a free breakfast for you.

AGM- Holiday Inn Great Falls
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I (mid-40s) stay here every year on our way from Saskatchewan to Mesquite--we've stayed here 3 times so this review is sort of a compilation of these overnight stays. The advantages of staying here are: 1) Easy access to the I-15. 2) Smoker convenience when booking a non-smoking room (I smoke but my wife doesn't). On every floor there is an outside balcony tucked in the corner for smokers--really nice! 3) Clean rooms (on average).

During the previous 2 years (2012 and 2013) we had BIG problems with the in-house restaurant. Food was pathetic: salads stank and the leaves were rotting, steaks were bleeding although they were supposed to be very well done, etc. We walked out last year. Having said that--this year (2014) the restaurant was run by a young enthusiastic girl who really took pride in her work. Food was the best we had on our entire trip to the States--left a $20 tip for her b/c it really made a difference when you're tired from driving and you just want a decent meal.

Also, during previous stays (2012 and 2013) we always had problems with the rooms--room was dirty, bed wasn't made, pee in the toilet, etc. Management offered a free stay next year which I didn't take--I guess I should have! This year (2014) the rooms were perfect--clean and inviting.

So, in conclusion--although this hotel had some significant issues in previous years, those problems seem to be addressed and we now look forward to staying there again for our 4th time next year.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right across from the elevators and the pop machines!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Ramondo,

Thank you for that wonderful review! It's very nice to know that the efforts we have made are paying off. I'm glad that you had a much better experience this time, and we really look forward to having you for your next trip here. Let me know when you will be back, and I'd love to do something special for you.

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Kalispell, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great service at the front desk and restaurant. Great parking. Now the bad parts...uncomfortable beds, old dingy rooms, elevator filled with water from the pool, poor food in restaurant. We ordered crab cakes, corn chowder and a burger in the restaurant. Who knew you could screw up a burger but it was possible. Ugly pink color of the building. Shower was designed for midgets. Go to the Holiday Inn Express across town.

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear solomanneuhardt,

Thank you for your review sir. We appreciate the feedback and will absolutely follow up on your comments about our restaurant. I apologize for the issues during your stay. Fortunately, we are repainting our building and getting a complete room refresh within the very near future. We are very excited about this, and we truly hope you will give us another try.

AGM- HIGF

Travellers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

helena, montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here. The first time was good, that's why I came back. This visit has been awful! Bad service in the restaurant. Horrible food. I ordered an apple crisp and it was more like apple mush. I sent it back. Went to the pool, and wads of hair were everywhere around the pool area. 2 dogs, a full size German Shepherd and a full size Golden Retriever were in the indoor pool area. (Not service dogs) I had to call front desk to get them out. Now we are back to our room, and T.V. Service has been out for over an hour. Called front desk, said it should have been fixed by now, but it's not. Just wondering what will be next!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank cwal6ft
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear 6wal6ft,

Thank you for taking the time to pass this information along to us. Please allow me to apologize for your experience here. I completely understand how frustrating it would be to have a bad taste in your mouth with more than one of our amenities. Please know that we are hiring another shift for pool attendant in order to patrol the pool area in a more efficient way. I have also passed your comments along to our chef about the quality of the food. Please let me know what we can do for you to make up for your experience here.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were on a coach tour and stayed one night at this hotel. We had to request a change of room as it was clear that the bedding had been slept in,( make-up on the pillowcase was a bit of a give-a-way). While we had no trouble getting a change of room, no-one offered us any help to move our things, despite the fact that I am disabled and my husband is elderly. However the bedding in the second room was creased and crumpled and it would seem that Holiday Inn does not press their bedlinen. Scruffy beds okay for their customers? Well it's not okay for this one.
I was also surprised when I ordered coffee after dinner to have it served in a paper cup. Did Holiday Inn run out of cups and saucers or don't they do civilised?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fay w
Elizabeth T, Manager at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear fay w,

Thank you for taking the time to pass this information along to us. Please know that we truly enjoy having your bus tours here, and I am so sorry for the issues during your stay. It is definitely not a normal practice for us to have wrinkled linens or to serve beverages in paper cups. Please know that we have followed up with both departments and have provided additional training in order to correct these challenges. I hope we have another chance to serve you in the future. We promise it will be a much better experience.