“Favorite Hotel”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I love this hotel. We travel to Great Falls often and this place makes our stay enjoyable. The people that work there are so friendly. The rooms are nice and comfortable. We love going to the lounge for drinks whether its just me and my husband or if we have friends. It has such a great atmoshpere. The resturaunt is also very good. The location is great because your in the middle. I really to have to comment on the staff, this place never has disapointed us!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2009

I like the Holiday Inn Great Falls because the rooms are spacious and clean. The restaurant serves good food, and the roomservice is great. I stay here everytime I come to Great Falls on Business...at least once a month.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2009

This is a real HOLIDAY INN!!
I was on my business trip.I was shocked by the wireless Internet speed in this hotel,when i checked speed was 20 mg/s Download & 18mg/s upload incredible.I thought i should tell others too. It was faster than my cable.
Staff was very friendly,helpful.It seemed liked they really care not just showing off.
My wife is a neat freak and she was very happy by the cleanliness of this place.Our room was very quite,clean and with city view.
Bedding was very comfortable,Soft.I almost forgot to mention HIGH SPEED shower head was fantastic.Food was great.Centrally located close to shopping.NO SALES TAX .Go Montana.
Overall our trip was a wonder full.We had a great experience.I am ready to go back again.I will definitely recommend this hotel.Thank you and good luck.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2008

The hotel itself is very beautiful with a nice lobby that reminded you of the Embassy Suites. Our room was clean and quiet.
It's a real pity the guests were VERY rude! I got chewed out by a guest for going to another floor to get ice when unfortunately there wasn't any on my floor. They told me I should get my ice on my floor not theirs. Then I had my clothes dumped on onto the floor by a stranger as the buzzer was just going off and I was standing in the door of the laundry room. Apparently 2 seconds was too long to wait for the washing machine.
We were very disappointed with our so called Pool View room. It was not what I would call a pool view at all. The only way you could see the pool is from the hallway, not from a window or balcony.
The hotel was rather stingy to Priority Club guests. The only perks they offered were a free drink and $5 off dinner. Advertised everywhere is Holiday Inn's policy that Kids Eat Free, but they will try their best to get out of it. You must get a coupon from the front desk to eat free. The dinner menu is very confusing, it looks like a newspaper or Lewis & Clark tour guide. It took me 10 minutes to figure out that it was the menu. At least the food was good.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HUSKERTRAVELER
HolidayInnManagment, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2009

Thank you for your review. The Holiday Inn Great Falls appreciates guests writing about their experiences with us. The guest expereince is very important to us and I would like to address some of your concerns in your review. I am sorry you had a dissapointing stay with us and I hope you will consider giving us another try in the future. We appreciate your feedback on our lobby. We are very proud of our atrium area that features a 4 story hand painted rock waterfall. It is unfortunate your expereince with the other guests was bad. I wish there was something management could do to prevent these types of instances but guests behavior to others is out of our control. Obviously we don't want to attract rude guests but as you and I both know, this is impossible at times. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your pool view room. I am happy to say we are currently going through a property upgrade and our pool area was the first project we took on. We updated the entire pool area by painting, resurfacing, and adding windows for a better view. I am happy to hear you are a Priority Club member. Our current Priority Club offers include $5.00 off food coupon, buy one get one free drink, and a $5 for $5 gaming coupon to use in our casino. We also offer complimentary newspapers to all PC members. You would be happy to hear we changed our menu. You are not the only one that had complaints about the layout of our previous menu. It is now a standard looking menu with newly added entrees. We are very proud of our Kids Eat Free program and we would never want guests to feel we are trying to get out of this promotion. I am sorry you felt this way. Our desk is trained to ask guests upon arrival for the number of children and then automatically provide them with a Kids Eat Free coupon. Once again, we appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2008

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were pretty optimistic about our stay; however, that all changed once we reached our room. Our NON-SMOKING room reeked of smoke. Not a good thing when you have family members with allergies. The bathroom needs updating. And my husband had his back scalded 3 times while trying to shower, thanks to someone in a neighboring room flushing their toilet or something.

Also, we found out after the fact we needed these coupons for the kids to eat free. The front desk neglected to give us them when we checked in. We had to get a price adjustment at the front desk. The restaurant wasn't that impressive either.

As a Priority Club Rewards member, I didn't receive anything extra ($$ off a meal, upgraded room, etc) like I have at other Holiday Inns.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank TMonkeyUSA

Dear guest,
Thank you for posting a guest review on your experience at the Holiday Inn Great Falls. I am sorry to hear you were disspointed and I would like the opportunity to address some of the issues you mentioned. I was very sorry to hear that your non smoking room smelled of smoke. In June of 2008 we changed all but two of our smoking rooms into non smoking. This process included deep cleaning of carpets, washing of all linens and window treatments, washing of walls, etc. Unfortunately this can be a long process and may not clear the smell 100% for a couple months. I am sorry this was your experience back in August but I can confirm that all our non smoking rooms are 100% non smoking. There may be an incident when a guest does not follow the smoking policy and in these situations the guest is fined and our housekeeping dept. does a deep cleaning on that sleeping room.
We appreciate all our Priority Club members that stay with us and provide them with $5 off meal coupons, buy one get one free drink coupon, and a $5 for $5 gaming coupon. We also provide complimentary newspapers to all PC guests. I am sorry you did not receive these perks during your visit but I assure you we are now training all our front desk employees to provide PC guests with coupons, and Kids Eat Free coupons upon arrival. Thank you again for your response and I hope you will try us again the next time you are in Great Falls.

Reviewed 17 August 2008

For what we got this hotel was highly over-priced. $60 was more along the lines of what the night should have cost. The staff were friendly and the room was reasonably clean. However, there was no shampoo, the roll-away cot was a reject from the sixties and they might as well say they don't have a pool (pool capacity is 16 for a hotel with 5 stories).

We had dinner at the hotel and ordered two entrees. Our meals arrived first so we asked the waitress to cancel the entrees. There was no need as she'd forgotten them anyway. Our son was supposed to eat free but they didn't ask for the coupon and automatically added his order to the bill. The food itself was okay.

We went to the pool following dinner. There was a sign in our hotel room asking us not to take towels to the pool as towels were provided. I took my towel anyway and I'm glad I did - there were no towels. The change room was at the other end of the pool beyond the hot tub and consisted of a toilet and a shower with no door between the two. My husband and son decided to stay in the pool even though there were already 16 people in it. Within a half hour a fist fight broke out between two boys and some others were throwing a full-size football around. There were toddlers around the pool at the time. My husband was disgusted and we ended up spending the rest of the night in the room watching tv.

We had a non-smoking room but the smell of smoke was obvious. My husband was kept awake the whole night by some sound in the walls (similar to when you only flush the toilet part way and it keeps filling up).

I have stayed in a lot of different hotels over the last two years on business trips and this one was amongst the worse two.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sherryx6x
Reviewed 14 August 2008

My Husband and I stayed here for a wedding. I was shocked that the price did not include breakfast. Even a Motel 6 gives you a hot cup of coffee! Here its a little pot in the room, make it yourself.

The hot tub was nice, but kids were allowed right till the pool closed at 10. So there was no time for us to enjoy a swim, as the pool was full of kids right till closing.

In the room the table had oatmeal crusted on the edge of the table.

Overall it was okay, but I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meinmontana

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Great Falls and for posting a guest review. We appreciate all reviews, negative and positive. Our guest experience is very important to us and I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns.
I am sorry your experience was dissapointing. It sounds like you were staying during a very busy time with a lot of young kids. During times like this, the pool area is a very popular place for people to gather. I am sorry you were never able to have some relaxing time in the pool with your family without a bunch of other people.
We had a lot of complaints in the past similar to yours about the sound in the walls. Our maintenance staff figured out that it was the refridgerators we had in all the rooms. In November of 08 we replaced all the fridges and have not had the same complaint since.
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience in our restaurant. Our staff should have asked for a Kids Eat Free coupon but next time I would reccommend giving them the coupon upon arrival. They get busy at times and may forget to take off the meal if they do not have a coupon present. I am also sorry about your roll away being very uncomfortable. We have since replaced all our roll aways so guests sleeping on them will have a more comfortable nights sleep.
Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future when you visit Great Falls.