“great hotel”

Holiday Inn Great Falls
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Reviewed 19 August 2009

excellant staff, excellant room,great resturant will stay again

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Great Falls

Reviewed 9 August 2009

Overall it is a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was basic business hotel, clean and the beds were comfortable. We could hear rude people slamming doors most of the night. Why can't hotels install bedroom doors that close quietly? The bathroom was small and clean. The basic color scheme of the hotel is boring brown. They are beginning renovations now and it definitely needs the upgrade. It's not really run down, but it needs updating. No major complaints at all. The only issue for me was that they had no fresh coffee early in the morning. We had to check out at 4:00AM for an hour drive up to Choteau, and the coffee was cold and left over from who knows when.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
jfritz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests - it only makes us better! We pride ourselves on our friendly service, comfort, and cleanliness. You are correct - we are going through an property upgrade and should be complete with the majority of it by year end 2009. These updates include new carpet, paint, flat screen tv's, exterior signage, bathroom updates, and more. We already have new bedding, microwaves, and tv's in all our sleeping rooms. I do apologize about the cold coffee and I did bring it up to our restaurant staff so they are aware of the complaint. Thank you again for your review and I hope you come and stay with us again after we are completely renovated!

Reviewed 4 August 2009

I travel for business and have become a loyal Holiday Inn/IC Hotels patron for their consistency in quality and their good rewards program. I've stayed at this location often in the last 4 years and have found it to be satisfactory - I keep coming back. Granted, it's not a fancy new place that dazzles you, but it's clean, comfortable, modern and has the amenities you expect at a Holiday Inn. Although colleagues and I have had a few problems with lounge staff, the restaurant staff is pretty good and the folks at the front desk are great! I most appreciate the cleanliness of the sizeable rooms. Every room I've staying there has been roomy and had plenty of seating & desk space. I’m able to spread out and get work done (wifi has decent speed, too) and even relax a bit.

This last trip I was very disappointed to find out that the restaurant closes early now. I usually get done at work late so I got all checked in and ready to order and then found out I had to get ready to go back out and drive around to find something to eat. Anyone staying in a hotel that has to eat late wants to do it in the comfort of their hotel, not have to go somewhere when they’re tired and need to be getting ready for the next day. They’ve also stopped their nightly dinner buffet which a lot of us thought was nice to have while on the road.

I’ve also noticed the pool has been closed several times when I’ve stayed – another let down. Each time they said it was planned maintenance (I must have a travel schedule like the pool schedule! Although this last trip, they were beginning a renovation of the entire pool which I am looking forward to). I thought it was terrible that there wasn’t a notice on the website when booking online or that the rep on the phone didn’t tell me when making phone reservations. Not only do I use the pool to work out, but after long trips of driving for days across Eastern Montana, the hot tub is about the only way I can relax enough to get a good night’s sleep sometimes. I really thought there should have been a warning. Could you imagine if I had a family and was booking vacation only to find out I couldn’t take the kids swimming after I had checked in?

Other than the disappointment of the restaurant changes and the swimming pool (which I expect will no longer be an issues after this large renovation), I really do like this hotel. I am disappointed if I call and they are booked up. I usually have a good experience here and my needs are typically met.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. We appreciate all your business and are happy you enjoy your stays with us. We take great pride in the amenities we offer such as our full service restaurant, lounge, casino, pool, and hot tub. Customer service, cleanliness, and comfort and keys to our great success. You had mentioned your frustration about the new restaurant hours. They have been making some changes and I apologize for the inconveniences. Our restaurant stays open until 9pm sunday through Thursday and 10pm on Friday and Saturday. We do have multiple options in town for late night delivery and the front desk would be happy to supply guests with menus. I also apologize about the pool area being shut down a couple times during your stays. This was one of the first projects of our property upgrade. We repainted the pool, got new tile, and added a new drainage system. These updates are now complete and our pool is open for daily use. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2009

Stayed there with family: no free breakfast: the prices at the restaurant where the "kids eat free" were very high for the paying adults so we didn't eat there.

Rooms felt like we had stepped back 15 years and the entire place is in need of renovations. Perhaps the biggest reason for the let down was that we had just stayed at the C'mon Inn @ Bozeman, which is truly a gem of a place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2009

With a four star recomendation via the internet the hotel was a Ten star let down. I am a chef on temporary assignment from Naples Fl. to a private ranch in Montana looking to explore, enjoy and experience a new and beautiful area. Trying to have an open mind after seeng my below average needing to be refurbished room, I ventured to the bar and noticed the special board aah Prime Rib my hearts desire! I went back to my room to take a shower I reached for a Wash cloth and discoverd it was dirty as well as having a lipstick mark on it. Finishing and getting to the dinning room I order a drink and of course my dreamed about Prim Rib rare. The drink arives and the THE OVERLY WELL DONE Prime RIB to which I said to the very pleasant waitress Miss I ordered this very rare to which she said I Know but this is what they gave me aand offered to get me something else to which I agreed. I ordered Fettuccini Alfredo thinkink it a safe bet, wrong It came in a large pasta bowl swimming in an Alfredo sauce the consistancy of soup,I declined and paid for my drink. At the bar I ordered wings to take to my room which were over cooked and dry, by the way do not request room 104 unless you have a sworn statement that it has been refurbished. Upon check out I felt it would be benificial for the to know of my expeience so I brought the wash cloth, my bill showing I was over charged $10.00 from the Amount that I was shown on the Internet before booking my room and my tale of the food. I was asked by the young lady at the desk what I wanted definetly getting that I had said or done something wrong.I answered by saying I guess charging me the quoted price would be very nice. I left feeling let down and treated with lack of respect!
I have been an owner of four Restaurants, Two Bed and Breakfast Inns and truly hope that none of my guests were ever treated with the lack of interest or respect that I felt upon check out.
P.S. I have been a Priority Club Member since 1983. J.R.F.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2009

We have been going to Great Falls for the last 10 years, My wife loves shopping there.
For the last five years we have stayed at the Holiday Inn because it is there we have found the best service. They have a pretty big indoor pool and hot tub and the restaurant and the lounge bar are very good.Although some people have mentioned in the forums that the decore is worn, the hotel is in the middle of renovating the entrance and foyer, although this does not affect the service in any way.
They also have Wi-Fi which is extremely fast and an easy connect.
We have never had any problem and every one is so friendly and eager to look after us.
It is a five minute walk to the mall and between the hotel and the mall we often stop for the best food in town at OPs bar and grill for breakfast, lunch or supper,where every thing is made from scratch and with such huge portions.The owner is a gourmet chef and you have to catch her friday night specials.
If you want to go to a casino, then try the Prospector, again halfway between the hotel and the mall. Here you find really friendly staff who have all been there more than 20 years and love us Canadians. Don't go to the banks for exchanging your currency, go to this casino, they will give you 90 cents on the dollar no matter what the exchange rate. It is their policy. We always enjoy popping in there and I don't gamble, I just like to chat with the local people (and have a couple of drinks).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wulfgar
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This hotel is a standard Holiday Inn Express - everything clean and new. Very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business