“Great, comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Dallas, TX
“Great, comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

My mom and I had taken a trip to Canada, and on the way we stopped at the Holiday Inn in Great Falls. It was July 4th, and fireworks lit the sky all over the town. We checked for availability, and the hotel had rooms. We were excited that the price for the 2 of us was not outrageous for a holiday weekend - just over $100. The room was on the 1st floor and opened into the lobby. Even though fireworks were going off in the parking lot, we had no trouble going to sleep. The beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the ice machine was not 20 feet from our door. The room was huge with 2 beds, the bathroom was a good size, and we even had a small refrigerator to keep our drinks cool. This was truly a great stay.

• Stayed July 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jfritz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our guests. We take great pride in the amenities we offer to our guests including a full service restaurant, lounge, casino, indoor pool, and hot tub. Like you said, our rooms are very large in size and I am glad you enjoyed your nights rest on our new bedding. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Great Falls.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Middle Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

I wanted to see the Charles Russell Museum in Great Falls, so I detoured here to see it. I chose the Holiday Inn because I have consistently had good rooms with it in the past three years that I have chosen to upgrade my accommodations.

This is an older structure, but I could only tell because I am somewhat a student of architecture, I recognized the type of layout and configuration. But it seemed to me it had been taken well care of, yes, they were undergoing remodeling at this time. But I saw no workmen during the time I was there, there was no noise or unwelcomed distraction.

My room was spacious, quite large. Bed was very comfy. Front desk staff was quite friendly, upon checkin and also next morning. Breakfast was good, great service. I would not hesitate to return or recommend.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have for the past few years. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our customers and I will be sure to pass it on to all departments. We are going through a property upgrade and we are very excited about it! We should be complete by year end 2009 with upgrades including new carpet, vinyl, paint, exterior signage, pool area updates, bathroom upgrades, flatscreen tvs, and more! We have new bedding in all our rooms and it sounds like you found it to be very comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Great Falls! Thank you.
whitecourt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

excellant staff, excellant room,great resturant will stay again

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

Overall it is a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was basic business hotel, clean and the beds were comfortable. We could hear rude people slamming doors most of the night. Why can't hotels install bedroom doors that close quietly? The bathroom was small and clean. The basic color scheme of the hotel is boring brown. They are beginning renovations now and it definitely needs the upgrade. It's not really run down, but it needs updating. No major complaints at all. The only issue for me was that they had no fresh coffee early in the morning. We had to check out at 4:00AM for an hour drive up to Choteau, and the coffee was cold and left over from who knows when.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests - it only makes us better! We pride ourselves on our friendly service, comfort, and cleanliness. You are correct - we are going through an property upgrade and should be complete with the majority of it by year end 2009. These updates include new carpet, paint, flat screen tv's, exterior signage, bathroom updates, and more. We already have new bedding, microwaves, and tv's in all our sleeping rooms. I do apologize about the cold coffee and I did bring it up to our restaurant staff so they are aware of the complaint. Thank you again for your review and I hope you come and stay with us again after we are completely renovated!
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

I travel for business and have become a loyal Holiday Inn/IC Hotels patron for their consistency in quality and their good rewards program. I've stayed at this location often in the last 4 years and have found it to be satisfactory - I keep coming back. Granted, it's not a fancy new place that dazzles you, but it's clean, comfortable, modern and has the amenities you expect at a Holiday Inn. Although colleagues and I have had a few problems with lounge staff, the restaurant staff is pretty good and the folks at the front desk are great! I most appreciate the cleanliness of the sizeable rooms. Every room I've staying there has been roomy and had plenty of seating & desk space. I’m able to spread out and get work done (wifi has decent speed, too) and even relax a bit.

This last trip I was very disappointed to find out that the restaurant closes early now. I usually get done at work late so I got all checked in and ready to order and then found out I had to get ready to go back out and drive around to find something to eat. Anyone staying in a hotel that has to eat late wants to do it in the comfort of their hotel, not have to go somewhere when they’re tired and need to be getting ready for the next day. They’ve also stopped their nightly dinner buffet which a lot of us thought was nice to have while on the road.

I’ve also noticed the pool has been closed several times when I’ve stayed – another let down. Each time they said it was planned maintenance (I must have a travel schedule like the pool schedule! Although this last trip, they were beginning a renovation of the entire pool which I am looking forward to). I thought it was terrible that there wasn’t a notice on the website when booking online or that the rep on the phone didn’t tell me when making phone reservations. Not only do I use the pool to work out, but after long trips of driving for days across Eastern Montana, the hot tub is about the only way I can relax enough to get a good night’s sleep sometimes. I really thought there should have been a warning. Could you imagine if I had a family and was booking vacation only to find out I couldn’t take the kids swimming after I had checked in?

Other than the disappointment of the restaurant changes and the swimming pool (which I expect will no longer be an issues after this large renovation), I really do like this hotel. I am disappointed if I call and they are booked up. I usually have a good experience here and my needs are typically met.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. We appreciate all your business and are happy you enjoy your stays with us. We take great pride in the amenities we offer such as our full service restaurant, lounge, casino, pool, and hot tub. Customer service, cleanliness, and comfort and keys to our great success. You had mentioned your frustration about the new restaurant hours. They have been making some changes and I apologize for the inconveniences. Our restaurant stays open until 9pm sunday through Thursday and 10pm on Friday and Saturday. We do have multiple options in town for late night delivery and the front desk would be happy to supply guests with menus. I also apologize about the pool area being shut down a couple times during your stays. This was one of the first projects of our property upgrade. We repainted the pool, got new tile, and added a new drainage system. These updates are now complete and our pool is open for daily use. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

Stayed there with family: no free breakfast: the prices at the restaurant where the "kids eat free" were very high for the paying adults so we didn't eat there.

Rooms felt like we had stepped back 15 years and the entire place is in need of renovations. Perhaps the biggest reason for the let down was that we had just stayed at the C'mon Inn @ Bozeman, which is truly a gem of a place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Naples, FL.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

With a four star recomendation via the internet the hotel was a Ten star let down. I am a chef on temporary assignment from Naples Fl. to a private ranch in Montana looking to explore, enjoy and experience a new and beautiful area. Trying to have an open mind after seeng my below average needing to be refurbished room, I ventured to the bar and noticed the special board aah Prime Rib my hearts desire! I went back to my room to take a shower I reached for a Wash cloth and discoverd it was dirty as well as having a lipstick mark on it. Finishing and getting to the dinning room I order a drink and of course my dreamed about Prim Rib rare. The drink arives and the THE OVERLY WELL DONE Prime RIB to which I said to the very pleasant waitress Miss I ordered this very rare to which she said I Know but this is what they gave me aand offered to get me something else to which I agreed. I ordered Fettuccini Alfredo thinkink it a safe bet, wrong It came in a large pasta bowl swimming in an Alfredo sauce the consistancy of soup,I declined and paid for my drink. At the bar I ordered wings to take to my room which were over cooked and dry, by the way do not request room 104 unless you have a sworn statement that it has been refurbished. Upon check out I felt it would be benificial for the to know of my expeience so I brought the wash cloth, my bill showing I was over charged $10.00 from the Amount that I was shown on the Internet before booking my room and my tale of the food. I was asked by the young lady at the desk what I wanted definetly getting that I had said or done something wrong.I answered by saying I guess charging me the quoted price would be very nice. I left feeling let down and treated with lack of respect!
I have been an owner of four Restaurants, Two Bed and Breakfast Inns and truly hope that none of my guests were ever treated with the lack of interest or respect that I felt upon check out.
P.S. I have been a Priority Club Member since 1983. J.R.F.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo