“Awesome”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
winnipeg
“Awesome”
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We had a great stay at this hotel! The staff was very friendly and they even checked to see that everything in our room was in order. At all the high quality resorts that I've stayed at never once have I had that kind of service. The room was huge, it had a very comfortable bed and was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
jfritz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 27 November 2009
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for the business. I am happy you enjoyed our beds. We just got brand new bedding in all of our rooms and we continue to get great compliments. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to accommodating you during your future travels to Great Falls, MT.
Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
California
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This is my 2nd stay here. The staff is extremely nice, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The restaurant inside the hotel, The Portage Grill, has THE best food. I haven't had the same thing twice on the menu and have not been disappointed. I would reccomend the restaurant alone.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. We are glad you enjoyed your stays with us and we really appreciate the business. We hired our Certified Executive Chef in March and we continue to get rave reviews about him. He is very creative and does a fabulous job for us! Thank you again for your review and Happy Holidays!
Whitney, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2009

This property is under going a remodel which ever traveler know what that means. Our room was comfortable and clean, and even had a refrigerator! The hallways and lobby were a bit of a mess, but this is to be expected. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Had breakfast in the resturant - not that great.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Edmonton
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Went on a road trip with a friend and our first stop was at The Holiday Inn in Great Falls, Montana. I booked this hotel online and saw that it was given a 3 star rating. The photos of the beds looked nice and as though the hotel had been renovated, unfortunately this was far from the truth.

I have never seen such a dirty hotel. It was disgusting. The manager of the hotel on duty when we checked in at night was rude and we were sent to our room on the first floor across from the pool. The walk there had an odor which I have no idea what it was, when we got to our room it was at the back of the hotel next to a dark and empty parking lot. I immediately phoned the manager and told him that was not the best location to put two single women. He was rude on the phone and told me to come and get a new room.

There was no apology when he gave us our new room on a higher floor. We get to this room and the smell of mold and mildew was overwhelming. My friend and I were completely grossed out and ended up sleeping on towels. The bathroom was dirty the whole hotel was filthy.

Little did we know how dirty those towels were, as we were leaving the next morning we saw more than one housekeeper with the vacuum cleaner hanging off her cart and the botton part of the vacuum resting on the 'clean' towels that were to go into the rooms. I also saw one housekeeper drop two towels on the floor of the hallway and pick them up and take them into a room. Absolutely disgusting and unacceptable!

The manager at the front desk in the morning never asked about our stay or anything. I have never seen such a terrible hotel. Do not ever stay there, ever. Trust me when I say it was a nightmare.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank PandaGrl1234
happymom4-2, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Since this reveiw was posted we have spent over 1.5 milliion in updating, upgrading and renovating the property. Some of our upgrades include: 48 foot waterslide, renovated bar, lounge and restaurant, marble countertops and tub surrounds in all our guest rooms, new linens and bedding in all guest rooms and we have 37 inch flat screen TV's on the way. We strive to create a great guest experience; we work continually with our staff on customer service training.
Please let me know if you are coming to GF again as we would love to change your mind about us.

Travellers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 25 August 2009

My mom and I had taken a trip to Canada, and on the way we stopped at the Holiday Inn in Great Falls. It was July 4th, and fireworks lit the sky all over the town. We checked for availability, and the hotel had rooms. We were excited that the price for the 2 of us was not outrageous for a holiday weekend - just over $100. The room was on the 1st floor and opened into the lobby. Even though fireworks were going off in the parking lot, we had no trouble going to sleep. The beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the ice machine was not 20 feet from our door. The room was huge with 2 beds, the bathroom was a good size, and we even had a small refrigerator to keep our drinks cool. This was truly a great stay.

• Stayed July 2009
jfritz, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Great Falls, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our guests. We take great pride in the amenities we offer to our guests including a full service restaurant, lounge, casino, indoor pool, and hot tub. Like you said, our rooms are very large in size and I am glad you enjoyed your nights rest on our new bedding. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Great Falls.
Middle Tennessee
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I wanted to see the Charles Russell Museum in Great Falls, so I detoured here to see it. I chose the Holiday Inn because I have consistently had good rooms with it in the past three years that I have chosen to upgrade my accommodations.

This is an older structure, but I could only tell because I am somewhat a student of architecture, I recognized the type of layout and configuration. But it seemed to me it had been taken well care of, yes, they were undergoing remodeling at this time. But I saw no workmen during the time I was there, there was no noise or unwelcomed distraction.

My room was spacious, quite large. Bed was very comfy. Front desk staff was quite friendly, upon checkin and also next morning. Breakfast was good, great service. I would not hesitate to return or recommend.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Great Falls. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and have for the past few years. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our customers and I will be sure to pass it on to all departments. We are going through a property upgrade and we are very excited about it! We should be complete by year end 2009 with upgrades including new carpet, vinyl, paint, exterior signage, pool area updates, bathroom upgrades, flatscreen tvs, and more! We have new bedding in all our rooms and it sounds like you found it to be very comfortable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Great Falls! Thank you.
whitecourt
Reviewed 19 August 2009

excellant staff, excellant room,great resturant will stay again

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple