I was hesitant about OHMC, in spite of friend's assurance who stays there regularly. His tolerance for smokiness and old carpet exceed mine, but we did want to imbibe at Sip n Dip and not drive, so I decided we'd try one night, and move second night if need be. The OH grew on me and we stayed both nights. The folks aim to please and front desk was very helpful. The labyrinth of musty, old carpeted hallways, with weirdly stenciled doors from the confusing bi-level parking, doesn't create a great first impression. Frankly, they are a eyesore (and is there such a thing as a nose-sore?) Our third floor end room---#313, King bed w/ fridge, etc---was pleasant enough, though, with nice light, clean and well appointed, though some corners of it did, at times, smell a little bit smoky or stale (but I'm super sensitive to off smells--my husb thought it was 100% fine). The carpet was notably clean and new. The sheets weren't scratchy and the bedding was modern and fresh. The bathroom was sparkling clean, and we liked the vintage green and yellow tile. Great cable TV, wireless did not work in our room but the ethernet cord did. For the price (about $79/nt), we got two nights' fantastic sleep, very quiet room. Our friend on second floor did not fare as well one night, when a Sip-fueled lovers quarrel erupted in the wee hours. Not for families, as the Sip n Dip bar is at the heart of the place. I'd stay there again, and can recommend #313 if you can roll with the spirit of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful and historic downtown Great Falls. Within walking distance of shopping, dining and the Charlie Russell museum. Home of the famous Sip 'n Dip Lounge and mermaids. Offering you the kind of western hospitality you expect to find in Montana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your O'Haire Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o`Haire Motor Hotel Great Falls
- O'Haire Motor Inn Great Falls, Montana