“super 8” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Great Falls Mt

Super 8 Great Falls Mt
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hyrum
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very disappointed for a Super 8 motel. Bed was worst we have had to sleep on in years. Very old, dingy, reasonably clean, minimally adequate breakfast, parking lot a mess, everyone has to come in through same entrance so were glad to had room close to this, but next to cleaning rooms. Hallways very dark, not clean. We were happy to have a place to stay, but definitely not worth what we had to pay for it. Had same guy working the desk service the breakfast room, so not good service. All the advertising made it sound great, but it was endurance to stay overnight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GF_Super8_Manager, Manager at Super 8 Great Falls Mt, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I apologize that your stay wasn't to the standards that our guest come to expect. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services for our new and returning guests.

Every feedback we receive is very valuable to us and we take all positive and or negative feedback very serious because it enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Medicine Hat, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Lots of hotels to choose from in Great Falls so don't stay here, over priced and very run down. Room was dirty, could hardly see out the window for the filth on it. We are not too picky but if your gonna charge prices like that I expect more!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GF_Super8_Manager, Manager at Super 8 Great Falls Mt, responded to this review, 1 November 2014
I am sorry about your unpleasant stay with us. We are very competitively priced among branded properties. I wish you would have brought your concerns to our staff they would have relocated you to a room of your choice

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our service

Travellers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was dated but somewhat clean. Breakfast was nice. My gas tank was full when we went to sleep but it was empty when we woke up. That was a bummer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall I really liked my stay but I'll break it down a bit.

Parking: The parking lot is a bit of a mess, half the spots back onto a really steep incline but there's a LOT of parking.

Location: Just far enough off the main drag so there isn't a ton of traffic driving by and the area is quiet. You can see the main drag from the parking lot and you could literally hit the mall with a rock from the parking lot (not recommended I think they would frown upon that).

Staff: Present and courteous. There was always someone at or near the main desk. Check in was quick, as was check out and I really didn't need them for much more than that. I heard housekeeping coming around about 8ish so put the no housekeeping sign on your door until after you've showered and are ready to go.

Rooms: Reasonably well arranged, the power outlet by the main desk was a little out of the way and I had to juggle a couple of things around on the desk to setup my laptop but not too bad. The sink didn't have a stopper in it and both the sink and the bathtub looked worn out and a little dirty. I think it was just the age and they need to be replaced. I'm not a big guy but the toilet seems like it was made for children only. Bathroom aside though the room was clean and I had a decent view of the quiet street outside my window and good lighting coming from outside. The A/C unit was fairly loud but didn't need to be on overnight so it wasn't a huge deal. I still suggest sleeping with earplugs though as I could hear other rooms A/C units.

Building: The side door had tape over the latch, not 100% sure what to make of that. It did have a card swipe but didn't really need it. Made accessing my room easier though so *shrugs* I'll go with it. The breakfast is a standard Super 8 breakfast. Personally I like it; cereal, milk, yogurt, pastry things, a waffle maker with syrups and juice. Some people came down grabbed some of the pastry things and went back to their rooms, others stuck around and were social. It's a smaller breakfast room than it should be for the motel but on my first morning there it was almost empty so I guess it's as big as it really needs to be. The 2nd morning it was a bit more crowded hence my comment about it being small.

Other: Not sure what to classify this under but yeah definitely bring ear plugs. Pretty sure I heard a couple in the room above me and over one "enjoying their stay". I'm still gonna say it's not a romantic hotel but I know at least 1 couple begs to differ :-P
The wifi worked great in my room with no difficulty. There was also an office computer available as needed. The person at the main counter noted that some guests disconnect that devices network cable sometimes to plug it into their laptop but since the wifi worked without an issue I really can't see why. Might have some off days from time to time.

Overall: Good for the price, I'll stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Ear plugs. Maybe water shoes for the tub/shower. Still worth it.