All reviewsextensive renovationsdowntown corethe king size bedcoffee makerwould stay againfireplacesinkearplugsfridgepillowsdeskremodelingclerktubmt
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at the Greystone Inn in Great Falls. The price is very attractive! What is not attractive is all the doors that are being stripped for a new paint job. In my opinion, this is a family purchase and restoration effort. The images in Tripadvisor were accurate. The floor was new laminate, the bed and bedding was new. The room that I was in had been remodeled. The exterior was kind of sketchy. The elevator was being worked on, but it was working within a half hour. I was very happy for the quality for the price. Do not let the exterior fool you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I admit, at first, I was hesitant because from the outside it looks a run down. (They will be remodeling the exterior when they are finished with the interior.) We were greeted in the lobby by a friendly woman who upgraded us from a room with a a queen size bed to a room with a king size bed and they gave us a $5 discount. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room was BEAUTIFUL. We loved spending time there and for being in a downtown area, it was pretty quiet. We will definitely be repeat customers!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We arrived and were not impressed by the exterior. However, on entry the lady at the desk could not have been more helpful. On hearing our Irish accents, she upgraded us to a recently refurbished twin queen room on the 2nd floor which was very spacious, clean and comfortable. She also recommended nearby restaurant and bars which turned out to be very good. There is a dog behind reception which is a very small, cute daschund. Ont he down side, his pen is located near the rear exit and there is a natural 'doggy' smell in that area. This does not however impact on the cleanliness of the rooms. On the upside - there is a notice at the front which states that the upgrades, including the exterior are pending and that will certainly help with kerb appeal. Overall we had a great stay and couldn't fault the welcome and room comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is on downtown Great Falls. That means it is near a bar, a pawn shop, and you may see a few homeless people nearby. The hotel is surrounded by security cameras that cover every angle. Once you get past the exterior and the lobby, the room was decent. The hardwood floors were actually a laminate, and the remodel was about equal to what you could do with products from Home Depot. The room lacked a few things; like cups and a decent lock. The lock on the door was my greatest concern, it was an old style keyed lock that was fairly loose with a deadbolt. In comparison to my previous night at the Holiday Inn, I slept better since th bed was more comfortable. There was hair from prior occupants on the comforter and pillow cases.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Greystone Inn in Great Falls. Not the best of experiences. The hotel is located in the downtown section that's not the best and the exterior of the hotel looks rundown and in serious need of upkeep. When I walked into the small lobby area I was greeted by the receptionist who immediately informed me they had upgraded my room. I was led to the hallway immediately to the right of the reception area and felt as if I was being led into a dungeon. Between the grey brick walls, dingy dark carpeting, and the room exterior doors that appeared to have been scraped of their paint some time ago, the place had an unpleasant aura. When the door to the room was opened, however, it revealed a nicely appointed room that had been recently renovated. Between the relatively inexpensive price and the appearance of the inside of the room, I decided to stay.

There were other surprises though. It seems the hotel is adjacent to an apartment building that could be seen from the rear window of my first floor room. It was a Saturday night and the tenants of this apartment appear to like to sit in front of the building while the kids noisily play till late in the evening. A semi-truck was also parked along the street and late in the evening either it or something else with a large motor cranked up and ran steadily for about 45 minutes. It later did that again at around 6am in the morning. There is also no in-room coffee maker as most hotels these days have and you have to request a room with a refrigerator if you want one.

The only reason I did not give this hotel a 1 star rating was that the receptionist and the staff were helpful and tried to make adjustments where they could. For example, the lateral blinds in the room did work and they promptly replaced the blinds. It is a good thing too because there was a tremendous amount of light outside of the room that would have made it impossible to sleep there without them.

The staff indicated that the hotel is going through exterior renovations. They appear to have been underway a long time without a completion expected anytime soon. I could not recommend anyone staying at this hotel until those renovations are completed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo