All reviews extensive renovations downtown core the king size bed coffee maker would stay again fireplace sink earplugs fridge pillows desk remodeling clerk tub mt
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel during July 2013 and on arrival were apprehensive! The exterior is very drab and uninviting, as is the lobby and reception area (undoubtedly due to a combination of the downtown location and ongoing renovations).

That said, once greeted by the hostess, the slightly eccentric "Davidena" and her small dog (both of whom were very warm and friendly), we were immediately upgraded from a queen to a king room, which we found to be clean and tidy and excellent value, considering the cheap price paid for the overnight stay in the first place.

The exterior lets the hotel down and I think that many potential patrons passing by may move on, based on what they see from the outside (we had booked via internet in advance) but the exterior bears no resemblance to the interior rooms (or at least the one where we stayed!) and although it must be said that the interior décor is somewhat "Gothic" in appearance and will not be to everyone's taste, it is perfectly clean, tidy and adequate as a stopover on a road trip or similar and is unquestionably great value!

Davidena was able to recommend an eating/drinking venue in downtown Great Falls which turned out to be excellent and I don't think we would have found this without her guidance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here while just passing through. For 65 bucks a night I got a king room which had all the fixings. Nice bed, nice tv, really fast internet and the shower was out of this world in terms of water flow, I felt like I was showering under a magical rain forest waterfall.

Overall, this is up there on one of the best value hotels I have ever stayed in. great price, great rooms and friendly staff.

Room Tip: the hotel is in remodel at the moment. Get a room with finished renos.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Greystone is a family run inn located in the heart of downtown Great Falls. My husband and I were apprehensive about staying here at first since we didn't know what to expect. When we called about availability, the receptionist was upfront about how the Inn is currently undergoing renovations. We opted to pay a bit more for a newly refurbished room with a soaking tub (with 3 shower heads (!!!)) - totally worth it. The lobby is modern and you'll be welcomed by Barney the adorable dachshund.

The furniture in the room is modern, clean and the exposed grey bricks are a nice touch. Only downside: no hair dryer. The shower is pretty awesome - try out all of the options (esp the one where the water comes out sideways).

Downtown Great Falls is sleepy - the town probably saw its heydays in the 50s and 60's - but as a New Yorker, nothing in the neighborhood struck me as "bad" (as an earlier reviewer stated) - you have colorful elements but they're harmless.

The location allows for a pleasant stroll down to the park along the Missouri river and a walk to an excellent pub nearby with microbrews and local Montana steaks.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms - you pay a little more but it is worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at the Greystone Inn in Great Falls. The price is very attractive! What is not attractive is all the doors that are being stripped for a new paint job. In my opinion, this is a family purchase and restoration effort. The images in Tripadvisor were accurate. The floor was new laminate, the bed and bedding was new. The room that I was in had been remodeled. The exterior was kind of sketchy. The elevator was being worked on, but it was working within a half hour. I was very happy for the quality for the price. Do not let the exterior fool you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I admit, at first, I was hesitant because from the outside it looks a run down. (They will be remodeling the exterior when they are finished with the interior.) We were greeted in the lobby by a friendly woman who upgraded us from a room with a a queen size bed to a room with a king size bed and they gave us a $5 discount. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. Our room was BEAUTIFUL. We loved spending time there and for being in a downtown area, it was pretty quiet. We will definitely be repeat customers!

• Stayed: July 2013