Greystone Inn
Hotels.com
US$100
US$91
HolidayInn.com
All reviewselectric fireplacewaterfall shower headlock the doorextensive renovationsdowntown corethe king size bedstay there againcoffee makergreat roomsinkearplugsfridgeremodelingpillowsdeskcurtainstub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2013

When I first saw the place I contemplated cancelling my booking, but I decided to give it at least one night. It offers basic "no frills" accommodation which was all I was after on this trip. One thing that really bothered me was their Wifi service - it kept connecting & disconnecting which was very frustrating. The rooms themselves were not bad. The people at the front desk were very polite & helpful. Overall, I think this place is a fair to good value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Schnick69
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The place was decent, we stayed in room that had been recently renovated which was super nice. It lacked a few things for as newly renovated, ie) no fridge, no hair dryer, and not enough lighting. The bathroom was still a little out of date the toilet broke and hot water was a hit or miss. The hotel is super secured which is a blessing and a curse. I knew I was safe but there is parking in the back but no entrances for guests to use only employees. They want you to come thru the fd area but aftee hours they lock the doors so you camt go that way so you have to walk around the whole building to find a door you can unlock to get in. I did enjoy my stay aand would stay again because the price was good for the room. From thw looks of it they're not dome fxing this place up.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Unfortunately I was duped by the pictures on the internet and can't believe it is capable of a one star rating. The hotel is located in a scary area with scary people working and staying there. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. After I checked in, I saw people leaving that were in the same situation as me, but since I bought it on a hotwire I couldn't get a refund and couldn't afford another place. The first night, you could hear, fighting, partying, banging. At 3:00 am I called the front desk, which by the way is completely on lock down and know one would answer. I felt like I was on an episode of the walking dead.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Khristy P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The reviews were accurate from Tripadvisor in that some of the rooms were "renovated", although the extent of the renos varied widely. It was interesting what they chose to include in the reno....items such as granite countertops, plumbing fixtures, flat screen TV and bedding/linens. It was very eclectic....each room was different. However, the bathroom door was original and very dirty and damaged. The bathroom fixtures were still the old harvest gold....can you still get harvest gold bathroom fixtures?

The rooms were adequate. No hair dryers or coffee maker, although you could get coffee in the common area by the office. The two rooms we booked had an updated electric fireplace on the wall which was a nice touch. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and towels were new and fluffy. Rooms were clean.

The common areas of the hotel were a bit dated. The indoor hallway was dark and dingy and the carpet was stained, old and could use a good cleaning.

Easy to find in downtown Great Falls. Arrived late (11:30pm) and checked in with no problem. The night desk clerk was very helpful and entertaining. He provided good advice on which pub to enjoy a nightcap at and where we could get breakfast in the morning.

Not a bad room for under $50.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior, 3rd floor, renovated room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed here one night on route. The renovations did not help and the rooms were being decorated in a Gothic style. There was not tea/coffee facility in the rooms or available elsewhere. There was some noise overnight and the police had to remove drunks in the street alongside the hotel. Rooms were clean and tidy more than adequate for one nights stay. Not impressed with the dog in reception but the lady was helpful giving us information on where to go in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends