All reviews security cameras waterfall shower head lock the door extensive renovations downtown location parking lot excellent price the king size bed beautiful room the general manager coffee maker fireplace robes fridge sink earplugs motel
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Clean, nicely renovated with comfortable bed and faux fireplace. Very reasonably priced and very helpful staff. Located right downtown. No fridge or hairdryer. Good value if you're travelling on a budget.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Josco-Properties, General Manager at Greystone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

I would like to invite you back to the Greystone Inn when our exterior renovations are complete, and I am sure you will enjoy the fresh new look!

We do value your business, and look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Best Regards,
M. Davidene Tait, General Manager
mdtait@gmail.com
406 452-1470

Reviewed 6 December 2013

When I first saw the place I contemplated cancelling my booking, but I decided to give it at least one night. It offers basic "no frills" accommodation which was all I was after on this trip. One thing that really bothered me was their Wifi service - it kept connecting & disconnecting which was very frustrating. The rooms themselves were not bad. The people at the front desk were very polite & helpful. Overall, I think this place is a fair to good value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Schnick69
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The place was decent, we stayed in room that had been recently renovated which was super nice. It lacked a few things for as newly renovated, ie) no fridge, no hair dryer, and not enough lighting. The bathroom was still a little out of date the toilet broke and hot water was a hit or miss. The hotel is super secured which is a blessing and a curse. I knew I was safe but there is parking in the back but no entrances for guests to use only employees. They want you to come thru the fd area but aftee hours they lock the doors so you camt go that way so you have to walk around the whole building to find a door you can unlock to get in. I did enjoy my stay aand would stay again because the price was good for the room. From thw looks of it they're not dome fxing this place up.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Unfortunately I was duped by the pictures on the internet and can't believe it is capable of a one star rating. The hotel is located in a scary area with scary people working and staying there. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. After I checked in, I saw people leaving that were in the same situation as me, but since I bought it on a hotwire I couldn't get a refund and couldn't afford another place. The first night, you could hear, fighting, partying, banging. At 3:00 am I called the front desk, which by the way is completely on lock down and know one would answer. I felt like I was on an episode of the walking dead.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank khristyp
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The reviews were accurate from Tripadvisor in that some of the rooms were "renovated", although the extent of the renos varied widely. It was interesting what they chose to include in the reno....items such as granite countertops, plumbing fixtures, flat screen TV and bedding/linens. It was very eclectic....each room was different. However, the bathroom door was original and very dirty and damaged. The bathroom fixtures were still the old harvest gold....can you still get harvest gold bathroom fixtures?

The rooms were adequate. No hair dryers or coffee maker, although you could get coffee in the common area by the office. The two rooms we booked had an updated electric fireplace on the wall which was a nice touch. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and towels were new and fluffy. Rooms were clean.

The common areas of the hotel were a bit dated. The indoor hallway was dark and dingy and the carpet was stained, old and could use a good cleaning.

Easy to find in downtown Great Falls. Arrived late (11:30pm) and checked in with no problem. The night desk clerk was very helpful and entertaining. He provided good advice on which pub to enjoy a nightcap at and where we could get breakfast in the morning.

Not a bad room for under $50.

Room tip: Ask for an interior, 3rd floor, renovated room.
Date of stay: October 2013