“Funky hotel with a cute little 'guard' dog”
Review of Greystone Inn

Greystone Inn
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Great Falls
Newcastle, Australia
“Funky hotel with a cute little 'guard' dog”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

interesting place!! Our room was large and had recently been renovated the shower head was GREAT (rectangular about the size of an A4 page!) so many pillows on the bed. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful giving us directions to dining options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Josco-Properties, Guest Relations Manager at Greystone Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

We really appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay with us. Our staff work hard each day to make sure our guests are well taken care of.

With the competitive nature of the hotel business in Great Falls, Montana, we value and appreciate that you have chosen the Greystone Inn, and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Michael Barrett, Guest Relations Manager
greystoneinn.montana@gmail.com
406 45201470

P.S.: I completely agree with you! Barney, our Guest Greeter and Security Dog is quite the little character! He relishes his Guest Greeter duties. For those of you who haven't met Barney, check-in at the Greystone Inn and experience first-hand his rousing welcome!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We checked out both the O'Haire Motor Inn and the Greystone Inn and much preferred this establishment. The exterior looks like an apartment complex but the interior is in process of being updated. The lobby has a Lincoln log look, and our room was appealing in a modern style of decorating. My wife thought the room should infuse more of the Montana vibe, but I liked it. Our window overlooked the parking lot, so lacked any source of light, but for one night it was a great deal. The lady at the front desk was helpful and pointed us downtown for some dining choices - and it is only a few blocks to the city center.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Josco-Properties, General Manager at Greystone Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for providing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greystone Inn, we are honored that you selected us for your overnight stay in Great Falls, Montana! I am glad that your experience was (for the most part) positive, and that you have taken the time to let us know your thoughts.

We have worked very hard over the years, with renovations and upgrades, in order to receive positive comments like yours. We very much appreciate your review, and more importantly, we appreciate and value your business!

We hope to see you again soon at our property, and once again, thank you for your comments.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

They renovated,so it was a nice room and good bed.Best shower Ive had in a long time.Didn't like that they had a fireplace thing right beside the toilet so you have to watch your head when getting up.Parking isn't the greatest and paper thin walls,so you hear a lot of noise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

We really appreciate your positive comments regarding our hotel. Management and staff have been making great efforts to go "above and beyond", in order to enhance our guests' experience. This includes making a genuine effort to solve problems and to make a difficult situation "right". I discussed the issue of the location of the bathroom fireplace with our Maintenance Department, and modifications have been completed.

We hope to see you again soon at the Greystone Inn, and I want you to know that we very much appreciate your comments and your valued business.

Kind regards,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. One lady runs the whole place, she is very friendly but never seen anyone works here just her. The walls are paper thin heard lots of noise.. Wanted to check out no one to be seen, we went for breakfast 9 am on a tuesday still no one to be seen the doors are locked to the front desk. I think this is to much for one lady to run.
Has been renovated but absolutely no extras.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your review of our property, and thank you for the time you took to provide your comments. I will be reviewing your comments with our Guest Relations Manager and Maintenance Department Supervisor, and will make sure that steps are taken to address the problems that you have noted.

I apologize that the front office was not open when you tried to check-out. Renovations to this area of the hotel were ongoing, and prevented the lobby from opening until midday. However, I am sure you will appreciate the fresh new look, once completed.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon, as we very much appreciate your business!

Great falls
Reviewed 10 June 2014

All I can say is WOW...I've been to many hotels and this a by far I mean by far the BEST...I can not believe that the price I paid I got a 10 out of 5 stars hotel....the room was updated with a head to toe waterfall shower...I didn't want to get out...it was amazing...so far I've sent pictures to all my friends who have booked rooms to stay here in the future...me included ;)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Yoyopink
Dear Valued Guest:

WOW! What a review! Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We have made extensive efforts in recent times, to upgrade, renovate and enhance our property, with our guests comfort first and foremost in mind.

With the number of hotels in Great Falls, Montana, we have to let you know that your business (and kind comments) are truly appreciated!

We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you, and thank you again for being our guest, it was an honor welcoming you to the Greystone Inn!

Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 16 April 2014

(Before I start the plumbing sounds like a train!!!!) If you want cheap lodging in downtown great falls this place exists... it's not awful but I'll never stay here again. The manager was extremely nice when we arrived but when i decided I wanted to contact the front desk there was no response. I was told that someone was available all night (like every hotel) but I went to the hallway and watched the unstaffed desk phone ring, so I tried the door, the door to the lobby (from the rooms) was locked so... to make matters worse I was told the manager lived in a certain room. I went there and heard voices inside, I then called the front desk, the phone rang and there was still no answer. (if you wanted to talk to this establishment they would not answer their phone!) That was lame but the original reason I called was (trivial, though in my opinion legit) that the beds have they have 6-7 decorative pillows 2 of which have cases. the others (many) had no cases and thus were repeat uses. They are disgusting, looks like dandruff all over them... this place is terrible. sink doesn't drain. plumbing will wake you up. don't stay here check any other options!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skibikeMT
Josco-Properties, General Manager at Greystone Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for not providing you with the level of service that we should have. I have met with our Maintenance Supervisor and Executive Housekeeper regarding your room issues, and have taken steps to correct those situations. I have met with our Guest Relations Manager in reference to your comment about the front desk staff. You are correct, additional coaching for the staff is in order.

We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the hours our lobby is open, we do not offer twenty-four hour front desk services for our guests. However, despite the problems you encountered during your recent stay at the Greystone Inn, we hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Travellers are raving about these Great Falls hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Clean, nicely renovated with comfortable bed and faux fireplace. Very reasonably priced and very helpful staff. Located right downtown. No fridge or hairdryer. Good value if you're travelling on a budget.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay!

I would like to invite you back to the Greystone Inn when our exterior renovations are complete, and I am sure you will enjoy the fresh new look!

We do value your business, and look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.