“Last Best Place for Sure!!!!”

The Resort at Paws Up
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Greenough
San Antonio
“Last Best Place for Sure!!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We were so excited to return to Paws Up for a third time! We love visiting the resort during the winter and have started to make it an annual trip for our family. The accommodations are terrific ,the staff is wonderful, the food is great and they have done a wonderful job of creating an ideal vacation spot. We enjoyed all of the activities we participated in and had a great time relaxing at the spa. We have been to a number of places and have the opportunity to go wherever we want for our winter vacation.....and we continue to return to Paws Up! We love it and have already booked our next trip to the resort!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ADJ20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
florida
Reviewed 20 January 2011

The best way I can sum it up; Paw's Up provides the opportunity to experience Montana exactly how any individual may desire. It can be in a spacious home; an over the top, glamourous tent city; or an exhilarating excursion into the wilderness; fly fishing, skeet shooting, river rafting, spas, etc.

We were fortunate enough to experience all three and additionally visit over the Fourth of July, 2010. I can't imagine a better place to spend an American tradition like the Fourth of July. Nothing I've experienced compares to the down home events at this resort. We went to the resort for the first time this last year. I've taken my children on trips, literally all over the world. When I drive them to school, I hear it from the back seat all the time. "When are we going back? Best trip we've ever taken"

I've never reviewed a place before, but I must admit, after reading some of the other posts; I'm kind of hurt because I felt we were their favorite guests ever. That's how they make you feel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jakobson
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 January 2011

It's the little things that make Paws Up special in the winter.

From something as simple as tubing downhill with the kids to a sleigh ride with draft horses Pete and Re-Pete, we felt we were in a very special place.

The snow was plentiful. The food, the wine selection beyond compare. The Spa refreshed and re-invigorated.

And at the end of a busy day and dinner, we braved it in 10 degree weather in the hot tubs.

Montana, food, magic. What more could you ask for in the winter? Paws Up was all that. And we can't wait to experience it again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingTom2011
victoria
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I have just booked a stay at PawsUp over Easter in a few months as a xmas gift for my wife.

I dealt with a cs rep by the name of Rhiannon back and forth via email and phone over the course of 2 weeks.

I seriously can't believe the professionalism and kindness she displayed to me in getting this organized. She went above and beyond with providing me with whatever she could to give to my wife on xmas day to convey how magnificent this trip will be.

I guess it is no wonder her name has been mentioned so positively in other reviews in this thread.

If Rhiannon's service is any indication of what expect come Easter, this will be the best trip ever.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hotweather23
Flower Mound, TX
Reviewed 30 November 2010

This was our third annual pilgrimage to Paws Up for the Montana Master Chefs event. From the first year we attended we have been treated like family, greeted warmly by staff who know everything about us and stay in touch throughout the year, and been treated to a lavish yet rugged experience at Paws Up. The food is always fantastic, the staff are incredible, the views are breathtaking, and the chefs and vintners are always a treat to get to know. We knew the first year we attended that this was our second home and we would be returning annually to celebrate our anniversary.

A FULL PHOTO EXPERIENCE is available at http://mrmikemgm.com/

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I think this hotel sets very high expectations and at least recently, just can't meet the expectations and value required for this outragous nightly rate. Our rates were something like $800 a night for the tents and $950 a night for the Meadow Home rooms. I was so excited to experience this part of the country. The location and property are great overall. Food was quite good although got a bit boring for a week long stay. We loved the evening family style meal- out of this world. Room not as expected or clean. Same pet issues as some of the other reviews. They could do better with trying to actually provide better service and taking care of your needs during the stay. The worst butler by far was a girl at tent city- I don't want to mention her name to hurt anyone's feelings. But we were deeply disappointed and irritated by the lack of promised butler type service. For example, she left a bottle of wine but forgot the opener. She brought an opener when asked but forgot to bring glasses. I usually don't write reviews but felt compelled to give a balanced review to this property that has spent its budget on initial PR and tv promotions, but is failing to provide a budget to sustain good service and professionally trained hotel staff. Good notes were we saw deer on site and a petting zoo for kids. The streams were beautifull.

• Stayed September 2010
5 Thank tripMate54
Irvine, California
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My husband found Paws Up online and was very excited to visit Montana for the first time.
The reviews looked good and the place was compared to Four Seasons Hotels- which usually cost half the price of Paws Up. We have maybe only paid this much a night for a hotel ( $1000/ night) one other time in our lives, and it was for a super luxurious penthouse at THE Hotel in Las Vegas. Paws Up may have been better years ago when it first started, but it is far from 5 star now or worth $1000/ night. The owners have invested heavily for initial PR and media coverage. In 2010, the actual Paws Up service and investment seems dismal. We decided to splurge and figured it wold be an incredible room. We specifically requested a no pets room. The "Meadow home" we were given was super pet friendly, had a dog door, and more than 5-6 stains on the carpets, presumably from smelly doggie pee. The room had distinct pet odors, dog fur on the furniture. Housekeeping was very unprofessional and truly one of the worst we have ever seen. The housekeeping staff left our door unlocked several times after their service. We had laptops and personal items out and about. Complaints to management fell upon deaf ears. The receptionist told us that they hired some new foreign college students to clean the rooms and sometime they forgot to lock up.

In truth, the place may be worth much, much less per night. It may be a good fit for people travelling with dogs who don't mind stains and possibly dirty carpets. It wasn't a good fit for non-dog people who wanted a Four Seasons experience. Its tough to say whether we would recommend it. Maybe.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adventurer2304

Been to The Resort at Paws Up? Share your experiences!