“Greatest Hotel Experience EVER!!!”

Townhouse Inn of Hamilton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hamilton
Missoula, Montana
“Greatest Hotel Experience EVER!!!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Imagine my surprise that the greatest hotel experience I have ever had in my entire life was only 30 miles from my home in Montana!! I have been in far more expensive hotels which had uncomfortable beds, fewer amenities, much less friendly staff, and the complimentary breakfasts were something to avoid. Not here. The beds could literally not be any comfier...it was like floating on a cloud. The room was clean and had great amenities like a microwave, fridge, hairdryer, desk, and table with chairs. Not what I would have expected at all. But what makes it the greatest ever, and I mean that - I have traveled to many parts of the US, parts of Europe, and the south Pacific - is the people who were the kindest and friendliest I have ever encountered, and were sincere and authentic. Carl the manager was just great, and so were Annie, and Lea. Dave the maintenance man, and Carmen of housekeeping also stand out in my memory. Just absolute wonderful people. And the breakfasts were fantastic, not to be missed. We were there eight days and regretted avoiding it the first two days. This was absolutely the most positive hotel experience I have ever had, and I am so thankful to the staff for making it so completely enjoyable for my sons and I. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!! Oh and very PET FRIENDLY which was very much appreciated by us with our two dogs. The hotel was also beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Room Tip: I would advise to make sure you mention your pets right away. Also, they helped us find a room clos...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PeaceSuccess2be
Karl H, General Manager at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank You for such a Wonderful Review. We remember your stay and are happy we were able to accommodate your family and pooch. The entire team at the hotel strives to make every experience Great, and it makes our day to hear that we are able to make you #1 on your stay at the hotel here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My friends and I were on a fishing trip in Missoula area this summer. As it usually happens when you don't plan your trip in details, we found ourselves desperately looking for a room. It was a football weekend and all hotels were full. Fortunately someone gave us Townhouse Inn phone number.
Townhouse Inn had no vacancies, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rita kept in touch with us calling us repeatedly and did not give up until she found us a room in not too far Salmon, ID.
Next night we slept in Townhouse Inn and were very pleased with room and service. Overall it was very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this lodging to any visitor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Karl H, Manager at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We like to hear that our staff is friendly and that they go above and beyond to help our guest, and we are glad that we made your stay a comfortable one . We hope to see you again in the near futre. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Lodging was recommended by our guide, Rick W. It was great. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Bed (including sheets, comforter and pillows) very comfy and clean. Perfect place to "crash" after a day of traipsing through the mountains. I would have liked having the outside doors locked, though. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a top floor nonsmoking next time - halls were cold due to people propping the doors...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Karl H, General Manager at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
32sunshine84; We are happy you had a good stay while traipsing through the mountains, it’s nice to have a good place to crash when it is cold out. We get frustrated too when people prop doors open, I personally made sure to check the back doors, and everything is working properly now. Thank You.
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've stayed at the Townhouse Inn multiple times. They have recently updated carpet and bedding. I stayed there last weekend and the room was very comfortable, bed was large and comfy. the room included a fridge and microwave and a new, flatscreen tv. The staff has always been very helpful and friendly. The hotel offers great deals, particularly through the winter season, so don't forget to ask what specials are currently running. The fact that the hotel is attached to a convenience store is handy for late night munchies, and there is a 24 grocery store next door. All in all, I would recommend the Town House Inn to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Karl H, General Manager at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear cdajen; Thank you for your review, It is great to hear such good comments from a returning guest and Thank You for recommending our hotel. We look forward to serving you again.
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was very pleased with this property. I had made requests for a quiet top floor room and it was great. The breakfasts were so nice to have available and even a hot breakfast plus many selections. I had the soup late in the day more than once as I stayed a few days. My room was clean including the comforter. The staff was always helpful and friendly. I heard no noise from the gas station or convenience store and it was nice to have them nearby.
I can't imagine anyone complaining while here. I hope it stays the same so when I return to Hamilton one day I can have such a pleasant stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less noise always.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Karl H, Director of Sales at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We would like to thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We're glad that you liked our Full Hot Breakfast Buffet. We get many compliments on our breakfast. It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Town House Inns of Hamilton. We look forward to you visiting again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Town House Inns of Hamilton.
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I always use trip advisor when choosing a place to stay... However this time it lead me astray! The hotel was not only smelly but the rooms just didn't feel clean! You know can tell the comforters on the bed don't ever get washed or the shower certain replaced! It stunk of old cigarette smoke and I didn't want to walk on the floor with bare feet! The workout room was in a very odd location in the lobby for everyone to watch! The breakfast was decent not to much to complain about there and the staff was friendly! Although we put a do not disturb sign on the door and it somehow dissapeared ar aime point durning the day and the maids came in anyway! I would definatley pay a little more to stay at the bitterroot inn next time!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Karl H, General Manager at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your review. Our Hotel offers smoking rooms and you were put next to a smoking room in our hotel. We apologize. If you decide to saty with us again, you can request to be in a room away from the smoking rooms. We have addressed the housekeeping staff regarding the comforter and shower curtain. Our excerise room has a curtain that you can draw for privacy if you choose. Were glad you liked the Breakfast Buffet and our friendly staff.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and efficient, and how can you not like a place that offers chocolate chip cookies at check in. When we asked for recommendations for dinner they suggested Nick's Restaurant and gave us a 15% off coupon.

Room 239 was clean, the bed comfortable and the shower very good. Our room was on the second floor near the rear of the property and was very quiet. There is a free hot breakfast in the morning featuring make your own waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon along with the usual cereal, toast, etc.

The hotel has a recycling program in partnership with Clean the World that we had not heard of before. The opened shampoo and used bars of soap are sterilized and reconstituted for use at homeless shelters and impoverished countries. We thought that was pretty special.

We feel that the Townhouse Inn was good value. We especially liked the recycling program and all the fresh flowers. We will definitely stay again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Davis K
Karl H, Director of Sales at Townhouse Inn of Hamilton, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review...we are glad that you appreciate our "Green" Hotel as much as we do....and we are glad you enjoyed our breakfast bar buffet. We look forward to seeing you again soon.......Thank you again for choosing the Town House Inns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Bitterroot River Inn & Conference Center
#2 of 3 in Darby
Rye Creek Lodge
Rye Creek Lodge
#2 of 8 in Darby

Been to Townhouse Inn of Hamilton? Share your experiences!