“Disappointed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hardin
Grandview Campground & RV Park
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have to say we were disappointed with this campground. We have been on a 2-week vacation and stayed at some campgrounds and RV parks and this one is at the bottom of our list of eight places we stayed. I booked here based on recommendations from Trip Advisor which are usually pretty spot on. I cannot believe that this park gets 4 and 5 stars. The park is right off the main drag, which is okay, but this area is apparently also a train route. We had several trains come through at all hours of the night, which woke us up a few times. Also, the sites were a bummer: gravel sites piled up on top of each other and no grass. When people say the sites have grass, they have to be referring to the numerous weeds so close together that it looks like grass because it definitely isn’t grass. Prickly weeds and our site had a few electrical boxes and other equipment poking up from the ground. We ended up confined to the inside of the RV that evening and this is the only place where we did that. Nothing to look at or enjoy, no nice scenery, depressing atmosphere. Also, the office was a wreck. The owners have cats and boy, do you know it when you walk in. We have a cat and our house does not smell like cat urine but the office is absolutely overcome by it. Messy and dirty as well. The bathrooms and laundry room were clean but the laundry room smelled horrible. I believe something may have died in the wall behind the washers because that is where the smell is coming from. I would not recommend this RV park to anyone; I found it depressing and sad. We couldn’t wait to leave in the morning. There have to be better places to stay. Maybe the KOA down the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MassNewbie
There are newer reviews for Grandview Campground & RV Park

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This campground is just off the highway in Hardin - very close to the Little Bighorn Battlefield. We were given our choice of 6 sites. The washroom / laundry room building was very clean and well maintained. Our only problem was the WIFI which was included but we could not get it to work.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bunkie101
Reviewed 14 September 2012

New owner has made improvements in the past 2 years. Large pull-thru sites available. Showers and restrooms were clean. Be sure to ask for the Battlefield Self-Guiding CD she will loan you. It costs $16 at the National Park. Too much for a one time visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RoadCal46
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the campground for 1 night on our way to visit the Little Bighorn. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the showers and the bathrooms. The gift shop offered a selection of unique items. The owners were friendly and accommodated us and our small dog well.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I had never been to Montana and was wondering what I would get by booking a campground just off the freeway site unseen during our drive to Chicago last summer. I was pleasantly surprised! The facilities were clean and well cared for. The campgrounds were grassy and spacious - considering we were just off the freeway! I was very happy and will stay here again while driving I-90 cross country.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Hardin is my new favorite place to visit, and while I'm there I'll stay at Grandview. On 10/3/11, I stayed there for the second time, and it was just as pleasurable as the first. Friendly hospitality, very helpful staff who are good to talk with. Stayed in camper this time, and found it very comfortable and homy at a price anyone can afford.

Room Tip: Great place in a perfect location with most-friendly and helpful staff
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ParksNRecGuy
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Every June, I go up for the Battle of the Little Bighorn anniversary. My stay at Grandview is automatic. I know the family and we have seen each others family grow.
The family who runs it, go far beyond friendliness and try very hard to create a loving family environment. I've watched stangers become fast friends in the evening over a bowl of ice cream. I believe if you did have any kind of problem, Laurie would do her utmost to make things right.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family