“Had dinner here”

Salt Lake City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had dinner here”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was staying across the street for this restaurant and this place looked good. Walked in and was greeted very quickly. They had a white board with the daily specials. I had the steak and shrimp. It was cooked how I ordered it. Service was good. The place is good for casual dinning.

Visited December 2013

Bozeman, Montana
“Kind of Expensive for what we got”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Mediterranean Bistro was reviewed as one of the top "fine dining" restaurants in Havre. We found the place to be generally attractive but with rather tacky artificial flowers hanging everywhere. Simple is usually better in decor. The bread we were offered at the beginning was excellent, fresh-baked and served with a nice olive oil for dipping. They had advertised their prime rib as a special that evening so I ordered it. Then I found out that they season it with MSG (in the jus, I believe) so I canceled that order and asked for a steak, seasoned only with salt and pepper. The steak was good quality but overdone-making it rather tough and dry. The potato was the usual foil-wrapped baked potato and the veggies were overcooked. The complimentary wine was an odd touch: decent wine that did not necessarily complement the entrees. The service was good. On the whole, rather expensive for what we got.

• Visited November 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Awesome Prime Rib”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The best horseradish ever, I would luv to get my hands on more. Free complimentary wine. Wow we have never experienced that before.

Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Also called the Duck Inn (?)”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Lovely, quiet, well cared-for establishment offering elegant, top-notch service. There are two eating places -- one more casual at the casino, and the fine dining restaurant where we ate. I found the two names a bit confusing. My husband raved about the baby back ribs & he's particular about his meat & the way it's done. They were melt-in-your-mouth flavorful and the portion was HUGE. I should've known better than to order salmon this far inland, but I was craving wild salmon. It was done beautifully, which helped mask the fact it had not been flash frozen, or, had been sitting in the freezer for too long. But then, I'll admit to being extremely fussy about my seafood. It was acceptable; and the portion was more than generous. We appreciated the generous sampler of Italian wines, as well as the bread-dip appetizer. Overall, this restaurant (which we found through reviews) provides a good meal and lovely service (thank you, Lorraine!); and turned out to be an unexpectedly welcome stop on our 1800-mile road trip to Canada.

• Visited September 2013
“The service was very good.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

It seemed strange that we were one of the few partys there on a Friday night. We had eaten lunch on the other side of the restraint for lunch and they did serve the same shrimp to my husband as his entre at a large price than they served at the lunch buffet at a much smaller price. The dessert was heavenly.

Visited August 2013