“Easter Stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Havre
Havre, Montana
“Easter Stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed in the guest house for the weekend, it was great, we enjoyed it alot. Plenty of room the price was great. They had everything we needed for a family get together. Staff was nice at check-in and check out. and pets were welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph S
Scott S, Manager at TownHouse Inn Havre, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the TownHouse Inn of Havre. The Guest House is very nice and works very well for family get together. The next time you stay please be sure to try our pool and free hot breakfast. I’m glad the staff was able to accommodate your needs.
Again thanks you for your stay, and please if you need anything in the future please let me know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed there about 8-10 months ago. The room was horrible. The carpet was bubbled up, the room smelt musty. It was first time staying there was told nothing when checking in. We had our 2 small dogs with us we were not told there was a fenced pet area. (a friend told me 2 days later when we returned home). There supposed to be gas card promotion on but were not given that. Our room rate was raised from what we booked online. I phoned when we returned home and was told that manager would call me back. After 2 days and no response I called and left another message, no response. Today I still have not receive any response even after emailing Head Office. A friend of mine stayed there after and she talked to the manager and he didn't care. Well we go to the US about 8 times a year and we will continue to drive right past the TownHouse and go to the Super 8.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank babakiki
Scott S, General Manager at TownHouse Inn Havre, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our hotel. I’m certainly disappointed that you stay was not all that it could have been.
I would like to apologize on the behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. I’m sorry about the interaction with the staff and the miss handling of your problems. They should have informed you that in April we were without a manager and had the assistant manager handle your call. Since I’ve become manager I’ve started a program with the staff on handling issues in the future and welcoming guest with pets. We have better trained the front desk on our package deals and handling internet rate differences.
Once again please accept my apologies and I hope your trips to the US are most enjoyable.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2013

TownHouse Inns of Montana operate several motels including some Super 8's and Comfort Inns.
I have found that this group of motels offer great value throughout Montana. For example, the
Havre TownHouse Inn recently added a hot breakfast which, for families in particular, is an unexpected bonus in terms of cost and convenience. In addition, the recent renovations at the Havre location are great. Add to that a choice of two hot soups in their breakfast room, at around 5 pm, competent and friendly (and happy) front desk employees, plus great housekeeping and maintenance staff and you have what most of us would call an ideal away from home experience
at a very reasonable price................Gordon Briosi, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gbriosi
Scott S, Manager at TownHouse Inn Havre, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Gordan,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I'm please to hear you enjoyed our soup, and I know how important a hot breakfast is to our guests. Again thank you for your stay and if you need anything please let us know. (406)-265-6711
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We spent one night here and were pleased with our experience. The room was nice, comfortable and clean and there were 2 kinds of complimentary soup as well as cookies available in the evening which were quite good. They are in a good location and allow dogs which worked great for us having our two dogs with us. The complimentary breakfast was also quite good! And all for a very reasonable price! Our only complaint was housekeeping knocking on our door 3 times before 10am; we were checking out at 11 and we really didn't appreciate the 8am wake up, nor the repeated knocks at the door!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie K
Scott S, Manager at TownHouse Inn Havre, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Our entire staff would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and also for staying at our property. We are glad that you enjoyed the soup and cookies that we have to offer. We, as a team all work very hard to assure that every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay, with your review this tells them they are doing a great job and accomplishing their goal, satisfaction. Shortly after your stay, we reviewed the Do Not Disturb policy and I assure you we have resolved this issue.

Thank you again for staying and we look forward to seeing you and your pets in your future travels.

Tiffany Ost
Assistant General Manager
TownHouse Inn of Havre
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I rented two rooms, they double billed my card and when I called then they told me their records didn't show that, my credit card company however did show that they double billed! It's been a week and they still haven't done anything to correct the matter!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Kaydliz
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Despite booking a non-smoking room, we were given a smoking room which smelt absolutely disgusting. Upon bringing this to the attention of the front desk and requesting a room change, we were rudely advised there were no vacancies and there was nothing she could do. We endured our night in the room in the hope that the free breakfast would be worth it. Much to our disappointment, the breakfast was tasteless, stale, and many of the items were not stocked. While Havre is a small place and doesn't offer the same variety as a city does, we strongly recommend avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PrairieVoyager
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The price was okay, but the room and hotel were not very clean. We found crumbs and food bits near our bed next to the nightstand and the carpet was really stained and worn. It was a place to sleep at a decent price (they were offering a $25 gift card for gas at the nearby Town Pump station for free, so it was really a good price for 2 queens). The doors are very thin and we had some hallway noise until about 11 p.m., but things settled down after that. Breakfast was, well, something to eat. The waffle batter was too heavy and made cakey, doughy waffles heavily flavored with cinnamon. We managed to leave our tablet computer there, and called back to the front desk from 60 miles away. Housekeeping staff found the computer and brought it to the front desk, where we retrieved it an hour later. We are grateful to them for that! The pool was clean, and the hot tub was okay, too, and they had plenty of towels, which isn't always the case.

Room Tip: Ask for a room farther from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry your expectations were not met on this day. We take all reviews seriously, and will use this information to make sure such we improve. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and recently updated to 42” flat screen televisions, new furniture and bedding. We have also extended our breakfast bar menu to include more hot items. I am bery glad that we were able to return your lost item. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.
While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Tiffany