“Perhaps the best part of living in Helena”
Review of Mount Helena

Ranked #5 of 48 things to do in Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain good for hiking, biking, fishing and viewing wildlife.
Montana City, Montana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perhaps the best part of living in Helena”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm up and down Mt. Helena 2-3 times a week on average. In the winter I wear ice spikes or snow shoes. You'll meet people on the more popular trails, but there are lots of less used trails where you can go 3 hours in solitude. When people ask for my health & beauty secret, I point to the mountain and say, "DO IT!" I've gone up with visiting family & friends, co-workers, boyfriends, dogs, kids, business acquaintances, etc., but mostly I go by myself because everyone else is SO SLOW!!!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Elaine B

Chicago, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A great place to view a sunset”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Mt. Helena sits just outside the town of Helena and is a city park. Joggers, mountain bikers, dog walkers and hikers love the place. I went there in August of 2014 to see the sunset. A hike of medium difficulty took me to the west side of the mountain. It was a great place to see the sunset over the distant mountains and a great place to look back and see the city.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Phillip N
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Take a hike!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Best way to see the Queen City of the Rockies ! It's an easy walk to the top and the view is magical. It takes 90 minutes and it's free!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Charlie S
Thomasville, Georgia
236 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 426 helpful votes
“Great Exercise with Good Views”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was a nice spot in town to take a good walk with vistas of Helena below but the views were slightly disappointing and did not live up to many other hikes we've taken. Still, it was a convenient place to access a short hike and I enjoyed the exercise.

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great local hike, better than gym!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Loved this in town location for a quick hike. Exercise outdoors in a convenient location. Parking was a bit of an issue, but I'm from a big city so didn't bother me as much as the locals I was with. What a gem this mountain is.

Visited June 2014