“Unique enjoyable sandwiches”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 22 October 2013

If you are in Helena, Montana, please try the Staggering Ox! When we found the Staggering Ox in a "strip mall", we were unsure but as we say a stream of people going in and coming out, we decided to try it. The atmosphere was basic and once inside the place, it was a little confusing as to just where the Staggering Ox was. There was an ordering counter towards the front and yet further back, there was another restaurant. Asking one of the staff, we were directed back to the front and watching all the other folks ordering, we understood and took the plunge. Both my wife and I ordered the same thing but she wanted hers cut in half which they offer. The sandwiches were offered with a variety of sauces on the side - always on the side, they stressed. They were wonderful; great portions and fair prices. We watched others around us eating what appeared to be white pieces of bread with sauce and the mystery was only solved when we spotted "bread guts" with your choice of sauce on the menu. These were to pieces of the bread cut out of the unique shaped bread used for sandwiches. In addition to a wide variety of sandwiches offered, they also offer several different breads. We tried two different types and both were excellent. I've included photos of sandwiches and menu

1  Thank fjf470

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Been coming here since high school! Still yummy. Little expensive for one sandwich... Excep that hey are big enough to split with a friend

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We enjoyed a lunch at the Staggering Ox in Great Falls, Montana. The sandwiches were fresh and the staff friendly. The atmosphere was open and welcoming. Great family time!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I love the sandwiches here. They are very unique, and I love their bread. The club is my favorite. When my parents come to visit, this is the one place that they insist on going. People told me I should try one of their quesadillas, but I love their sandwiches so much I didn't want to switch it up. I tried their black bean and cheese quesadilla, and I was quite pleased with that as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Staggering Ox is a restaurant inside a larger nightclub-like building. Food was okay; it was delivered to our table, but no one checked to see if we needed anything or whether we liked the food. The building was cavernous. Nice artwork (wildlife) was displayed in the back of the room.

Been to Staggering OX? Share your experiences!