“An excellent hotel far exceeding our expectations.”

Residence Inn Helena
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three weeks in September and it far exceeded our expectations. The room was large enough for four people. It was exceptionally clean and had all the facilities we needed namely: a microwave and stove top, a dish washer, a dining and lounge area, two huge beds and a really nice bathroom. There was also a laundry room with very fast coin operated machines, so we returned home with no dirty washing. Much to our surprise the swimming pool and exercise room was included in the price. The excellent buffet breakfast was most welcome. It was enough to last us all day if we so wished. There was also coffee/tea on hand in the reception area most of the day and a small evening meal four days a week which we could eat downstairs to socialise or take up to our room. The staff were extremely friendly and always keen to recommend day trips. The hotel is in a very good location, surrounded by restaurants and stores, easy to locate and near the airport. I would highly recommend it for people who wish to view the various attractions of Montana.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annabellelee_10

Reviewed 26 October 2011

If there where more places like this! We would not need sites like TripAdviser!
I stayed here twice on the same trip! It was as good both times!
It is well designed, well managed and good from the time you hit the door at check in to leaving the parking lot.
Check in was great and got my requested room both times. The staff was pleasant and personable! The space in my room was great and didn't feel like everything was crammed in! Everything was well thought out and it showed right down to the placement of light switches to the way the doors opened! The bed was great and I got some much needed rest. The breakfast looked good, but I preferred to fix my own because of my dietary preferences It was nice to be able to fix my own meals! There is a Costco nearby and the Albertsons is about a mile north on Custer Avenue!
The rest of the place showed the same great design in that it was comfortable and something you don't always see. People were actually sitting at the game tables or sitting by the fireplace (one in the lobby and one on the patio) reading a book or engaged in conversation. The pool was big enough to swim laps, there is a kid pool area that looked like it would be fun and the hot tub spa was large! This was a great place to recharge while on the road!
All this was so good I started looking for things that were wrong.......

Yeah! It's that good! My stay was great! Wish I had something bad to say.....

Warning! Staying here will make staying at any other Hotel afterwards seem like you have settled for less! When you leave you will be a little sad, but only because you are leaving. At the same time you will be happy you stayed and will leave recharged and refreshed. This review may not help you because everything went well.

Great value! I will be back and I would recommend this to anyone! If there is something better for the price in Helena - I would love to hear about it!

( Be sure to check out the Art hanging on the walls and the glass work at the front desk! )

Room Tip: Call ahead and call early!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank LightingBolts
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is a relatively new hotel and it shows. The room was immaculate, very comfortable and I loved the way it was furnished and decorated. The breakfast area was really nice too. The breakfast had a varied and fresh selection of items. Staff was very nice and friendly. I can honestly say this is one of the nicest Residence Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laney98
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I chose this hotel because I had to travel to Helena on business, and as a single I must take my dog. I selected a more expensive hotel than usual because they accepted pets and I thought a little extra luxury on the road would be nice. I learned on check-in that I'd be charged $100.00 for my pet, and this is non-refundable. This was at 11pm, no chance to find different accomodations. My card was charged an extra $70. after leaving - I haven't even gotten hold of the staff to learn what this could have possibly been for, we're a low impact couple and only stayed two nights. Though the rooms and the pools are lovely, the feeling of having been targeted for marketing as a pet owner and then absolutely ripped off leaves a bad flavor in my mouth. I won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Juliane144
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We ended up staying at this hotel for two months due to some ongoing repairs being done in our home. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while that was occuring. The hotel was amazing and such a nice place to call our home away from home! It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and the added amenities were outstanding. The staff is AMAZING! All of the front desk staff went out of their way to always aknowledge us when we came into the lobby and to chat with us while we were there. The housekeeping and dining staff also were also very friendly and always going out of their way to make our stay the absolute best. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I would highly recommend this hotel. Absolutely amazing all around! Thank you to all the staff and management for making our stay so comforting and memorable!

Room Tip: This hotel is laid out very well. I don't think that you could get a bad room. This hotel was...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DarciO_11
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This is the nicest hotel that I have been to in a very long time! It is a newer hotel. It is very clean and quiet. The pictures on TA are good but, the hotel actually looks much better in person. I was pleasantly surprised! No doubt we would stay here again! Loved it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GoldenLoverinAB
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have stayed at this location a few times now, and each and every visit has been the most wonderful experience!! Great People, Great Service, Great Getaway!! Dining and Housekeeping was incredibly friendly! In perticular Dining Staff Aalissa and Carmen and Housekeeper Velvet, Absolute Best!! Those perticular girls went Above and Beyond to make our stay extra nice!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family