“Great Stay, Staff and Hotel”

Residence Inn Helena
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel and the stay was flawless. From the first evening of check in with Ashley at the front desk. To the nightly wake up call requests, christie, during my entire trip, night shift. The staff executed flawlessly and I wanted to recognize the few names I came across. This hotel staff is the best I have seen all year. I travel over 40% a year, so I have some experience here. Stephanie, the day manager?, settled an issue for two of our team employees. The issue was availability and room rate for a return trip in February. Stephanie was able to make changes and keep our team together for our return trip. Other great employees of this hotel were the housekeeping and breakfast staff, didn't get their names. Lastly, THe owner of the establishment walked the dining area one evening during the Social and explained her mission to us was simple in our conversation. "Clean and friendliest Hotel" in Helena. After hearing that, and my recent stay, I will say "Mission Accomplished". The hotel and grounds are newer, hotel built around 2 years ago, and everything worked well. It was quiet and I got great sleep. Can't say enough good things, and wouldn't even try to stay somewhere else. NO Contest. Thanks for reading and a video on the YouTube channel.

Pros:

- Staff, Staff, Staff

- Location, Location, Location
- Everything!

Cons:

- I couldn't find any!

RetiredArmyRANGER

Marriott Platinum Rewards Member

Room Tip: Stay near the stairs and top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank WHDSM

Reviewed 22 November 2012

The property and room were nice. We booked our stay online thru hotels.com and paid at that time. Upon arrival at the hotel we informed the girl at the front desk that we had reservations and she asked for the card I used online to purchase the room. A couple of days later while checking my bank account online, i realized that they charged us a second time for the stay when we checked in. It took over a week for them to refund the overcharge. Not to mention the feeling created by the mgmt like we were trying to scam them. We wont be staying here anymore because of mgmt style alone. The property was nice but overpriced. We will continue to stay at Comfort Suites down the street when in need of lodging in Helena.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed for one night at the Residence Inn Helena and we were pleased with the accommodations! But if you are driving in, especially in the winter.. be advised that the entrance to the hotel is not very well lit.The room was clean, we enjoyed the pool area and the breakfast in the morning was exactly what we needed before we took off out on the road again! The issue we had related to customer service. We definitely have mixed reviews! The air conditioner alarm started going off in our room at 5am. We called front desk, the woman came up to the room and did not offer any other assistance than that the maintenance would be able to take a look at it in an hour and a half or so. We grew frustrated (our toddler and his dad were having trouble getting back to sleep) with the constant loud chirping and I called the front desk again to see if we could change rooms. She gave us another room, wasn't very apologetic, and oddly enough when we went downstairs for breakfast at 9am I actually heard the maintenance knocking on our old room door. So we were kind of bothered that would would have waited until 9am if we hadn't of called back and asked if we could get another room. My visit was totally redeemed by a woman who was working the breakfast area. I never got her name but she had a long braid in her hair, she was AMAZING. Went and got our son crayons and a sheet to draw on as well as a toy. She was just extremely friendly and genuine, totally turned around how we felt about the hotel and our stay in Helena.

Room Tip: Avoid even numbered rooms around 210, there are issues with conditioner alarms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginny G
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I've stayed at a few hotels in Helena, and this by far is the best one. It's fairly new, the amenities are great, and has the nicest people you'll ever meet. They'll remember your first names, which is one of those little, undervalued things that helps you cope being away from home. Hats off to the shuttle service staff! They were willing to drive us all over the place without hesitation, and I never expected to have some of the most entertaining conversations in a shuttle van. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 450rc
Reviewed 19 October 2012

As a female business traveler, I try to find a safe, clean hotel. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, immaculately clean and super comfortable. The staff is incredible and go out of their way to make sure you're happy. It really felt like my home away from home with the fully outfitted kitchen, beautiful furnishings, comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom area. I was most pleased with the water pressure and oversized showerhead in the bath/shower and how quiet the air conditoner/heater was. You will definietly get a good nights sleep here!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I havent been in a lot of hotels. But for this one i loves it. one you can look outside and see mountains around, The Staff is great and so Friendly . always sayin Hi and hows you doing .
And he Kitchen staff are so awsome as well. You do see the friendlyness all around heres. and the rooms are big and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This Residence Inn was an unexpected surprise. We stayed in Helena just one night on our way from Glacier National Park to Yellowstone. But we wished we could have stayed longer. From the moment we stepped into the lobby we never stopped being amazed. The staff went out of there way to make us feel right at home. And the suite was not only huge, it was beautifully decorated. I'm talking living room, kitchen, bathroom, king sized bed, sitting area, and a great view. And the breakfast is not cereal and fruit with watered down coffee and juice. They had a chef in the kitchen cooking up eggs, sausage, and bacon to go along with waffles, toast, assorted sweets,etc. This is a real buffet breakfast. If you are a business man traveling through Helana you have got to try this place. Absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends