“My second time here!”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Killeen, Texas
“My second time here!”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have to travel often because of my job...My first stay was 2 years ago in Nov 2011… I was happy then and happy with my stay now. I have been extremely pleased with this hotel on both occasions. All the staff have been very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. I even got personalized notes from the housekeeping staff.

The breakfast is above average as far a hotel breakfasts go, some days it is great, some days it is ok but it is at least always edible (I can't say that for every hotel I've stayed at)

The pool area is fantastic, especially if you are traveling with young children, they have a great toddler area.

Weeknights they have a free 'dinner' in the lobby…nachos, fajitas, comfort food, etc… depends on the night and a dessert too.

Location.. this depends on what you are looking for… it is RIGHT by the airport (but I didn't hear any airport noise) but not within walking distance of anything close. I believe they have a shuttle but I did have a car so this was not a problem for me. About a mile there are restaurants and shopping.

Overall I will only stay here on my dreaded trips to Helena ...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Courtney J, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for the generous review of our property! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the rooms to be "spotlessly clean!" Thank you for noticing our friendly staff and for mentioning the personal notes you received in your room each day! Our mission is to be the "cleanest and friendliest hotels in Helena," and we are happy to know that we succeeded in both areas. We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and that you were able to find something you enjoyed. The pool area is certainly a great place for kids with the splash deck; but with the hot tub and large separate pool, it is also a great place for adults to relax! The location does lend great airport access, however, we are less than a half mile away from several restaurants and stores and only a couple miles from the downtown Helena area. Overall, we are glad that you were able to get a good nights rest and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you during your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I had an excellent business stay at the Residence Inn in Helena. It is conveniently located across the street from the airport. There is a free shuttle to take you to restaurants or any place else you may want to visit. Staff was very friendly. I wanted to go on a hike/walk and they had excellent recommendations. Parking, internet, breakfast and evening social hour/meal are all included. Free printing. Sufficient exercise room. The rooms were homey, large and fully equipped with fridge, etc. I would definitely stay here again - excellent stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Courtney J, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed the convenient location to the airport and that you enjoyed our free shuttle service! We are glad that we could provide you with some dining recommendations and then have the opportunity to take you there! The fewer details and stress while you are traveling the more enjoyable the experience, and we are happy that we could contribute to your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed the hot breakfast and the evening social meals. The exercise room, printing capabilities, and other amenities contribute to the overall outcome of hotel stays. We are happy that our friendly staff and the property made for a memorable visit and we look forward to seeing you again!
Dix
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Beautiful Rooms, Nicest caring staff you will ever meet. If i get to come back to Helena I will absolutely stay here. Wonderful social hour Monday night thru Thursday!! Very Clean rooms and grounds. I have stayed at other extended hotels before that were nice but this one is luxury :)
Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so nice. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We enjoyed having you, as well! Thank you for noticing our friendly staff. The Residence Inn staff takes great pride in providing guests positive and memorable experiences during their time here. We are also happy that you enjoyed the evening social. It is nice to have a hot, cooked meal ready for you when you finish a long day at work. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Drayton Valley, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel and grounds were very clean.Staff was friendly and helpful.Shuttle to casino was very nice.Hot supper was good because there is no restaurants with in walking distance.We could have moved in for a month, the room was so nice.Modern, clean,every little detail was super!We loved the space,art work lovely.Pool and spa area very clean,wished we had our grandson there to use the kids area,looked like fun.If we ever head to Montana this is first on our stay list.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtney J, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel grounds and the free shuttle service. Thank you for noticing our friendly staff! We take pride in providing guests with an enjoyable and memorable stay. We are happy that you enjoyed our spacious suites and we hope to see you next time...hopefully you can bring your grandson to enjoy our pool and splash deck!
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Once upon a time I loved staying here.....
The person who took my reservation and happened to check me in - I think it was Cindy?. She was nice and check in was great. I didn’t appreciate the other “clerks” kibitzing while were we talking and taking care of the business of checking in. I wasn’t sure why they kept interrupting. (?)
The room was good, it was clean and well laid out. I liked having an 3/4 size kitchen, plus being able to use their pans and dishes was nice. The bed was fairly comfortable and I slept okay. I did try to eat their breakfast. The meat and eggs are terrible, so if that is what you want, lower your standards on your way into the breakfast room. The other food look fairly safe if you like yogurt and toast. The coffee was okay!
The only real problem I saw was that every time I walked through the lobby the girls at the desk were flirting with some guy. Different guy every time. Some of them didn’t look like guests. (?) Even if they were it came across as pretty low rent. I was glad that nothing happened that I need to talk to the desk as it was unapproachable. This proved itself true as the checkout was cold and unfriendly. I was leaving so I guess they didn’t need to be nice anymore. Cindy was the only friendly face I saw.
So over all the training and friendliness has really fallen off with the staff. Being nice - looking nice - doing their best - It goes a long way towards the guest wanting to come back. That was the case the first time I stayed here, but this recent stay may be my last.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LightingBolts
jenasabatini, Owner at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you had in the past. We value every single one of our guests and we make it our goal to treat everyone as family while they are here. We are sorry that you did not feel this during your last visit. Many of our guests stay for months at a time so they do become comfortable with our staff and reach out to them for social interaction. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay the next time you are in Helena. Cindee is our now our General Manager and I can assure you she is committed to the entire staff providing outstanding service to everyone.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was one of my best experience at a extended stay hotel. The hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly and personal. I would highly recommend this location to all my friends, family and business colleges.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Courtney J, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us! We take pride in offering all of our guests special and memorable experiences! Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for recommending our hotel to your friends and colleges. We appreciate your business and hope to see you during your next trip to Helena!
san francisco
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I generally stay at an extended stay if my trips are 4+ nites. Residence Inn is one of my top 3 choices. I don't mind the cookie cutter features where all of the furniture and layout is the same, but a littler personalization adds a tremendous feel to the stay. One of the few Residence Inn's able to break the mode is in Helena. They have localized art all over the property including the rooms. Original artwork makes such a difference. Imagine having the same print of a couple in a train car over the kitchen sink in 95% of the Residence Inns across the USA.... boring.
A few Residence Inns in former historic properties have historical photos of the what the building like like and what it was used for, ie, dairy, printing press. Service was excellent, rooms clean, standard breakfast and even social light supper. Views of the mountains from all of the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Courtney J, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Helena, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for your review of our property, Larry! We appreciate it! We are happy that you enjoyed and noticed some of the unique features of our hotel, such as the local artwork! I don't know if you were able to walk around the different floors of our hotel, but they each have a different theme. Third floor is art, second is history, and first is outdoors. The various themes and styles of the artwork on the floors and in the guest rooms helps to add to the overall ambiance of our hotel. As you noticed, it also gives guests a unique treat in the hotel, as well as an added local flavor! Aside from the artwork, we are glad that your room was comfortable and that you enjoyed the evening meal! We hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon!