“Best kept secret in Helena”

Comfort Suites Helena
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Dec 27,2013.
Our experience was fantastic. The staff was extremely great.
They have hot soup, coffee and cookies when you come in after a day of travelling.
They also offer free shuttle to restaurants since one is not on sight, so that way you can be chauffeured around and not worry if you want an alcoholic beverage while you're out.
They also have a nice exercise room and pool.
The morning breakfast was also good and like the entire hotel, spotless.
Will stay there again and will definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LivingGr8
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Greetings LivingGr8,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review for the Comfort Suites Helena! I will share your kind words will all my staff! Thanks again and we look foward to your return!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Helena

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent one night while on a long road trip. The room we had was spacious and very clean. This a new hotel, it was well planned. Plenty of plugs for all electronics. Working desk for computer. Bathroom had plenty of space. All of the staff we met were friendly and very professional. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Hello AddiesGrammy,
Thank you for sharing your experience of the Comfort Suites Helena. We couldn't be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

New hotel is near Costco and Staples, not far from the airport.

Nice small, indoor pool and hot tub. (And a Fitness Center we didn't use).

We had an excellent free breakfast buffet with cheese omelets, bacon, biscuits and gravy in addition to pastries, toast, cereals, and fruits. It was an unexpected bonus to have such a selection. Normally it's a cold continental breakfast at similar-priced hotels in the area...

Friendly, helpful staff, though check-in was a bit slow. One family was ahead of me, and one woman walked in after I did. She turned around and left after about 10 minutes. Clerk didn't speak to her while she was waiting, and it seemed he was overwhelmed at having so many people needing attention at once. Training hiccups, more than likely.

We stayed in a King Suite. The size was perfect for our family of four, but the cupboards were full of glasses, plates, etc. and our crawling babies couldn't be kept out. We ended up putting the coffee table in front of the cupboard doors to keep the doors closed.

The fold-out couch was adequate, but I'd not like to sleep on it more than one night... Next time we'll spring for the extra few bucks in order to have two beds. I was being cheap, and my back felt it the next day.

We're in Helena a few times a year, and we'll certainly return to Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: If you have crawling kiddos, stay away from the King Suites, as they have glasses, plates, etc. in t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings Roadtrippin406,
Thank you for your kinds words and compliments of the Comfort Suites Helena. I am so thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! We look foward to seeing you again soon, and give you the chance to enjoy another one of our Suites(with 2 beds!)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had no idea of the difference between Comfort Suites (Red Sign) and Comfort Inn (Blue Sign). What an upgrade! Everything is well designed, well decorated, well taken care of and just a very nice experience. Usually we find something in a hotel that seems to nag at us. Not here. The room was clean and the layout was really conducive to a very relaxing stay. The soup, chili and cookies at 5:00 pm are a nice touch, It was really all we wanted after a day on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It is a really nice facility.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

BobS,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Comfort Suites Helena. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience! We strive to make everyones stay as comfortable as possible! Thanks again for the comments and recommendations! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My daughter attends a nearby college and we have both stayed here numerous times. The rooms are, well, roomy!! I love the couch sitting area which opens up the room. We love the beds, pillows, bathroom...it's all so clean! We also enjoy the cookies at check-in and the free breakfast in the morning. And the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

AndiamoBella,
Thank you for continuing to choose the Comfort Suites of Helena! We appreciate your compliments and your continued loyalty! We look foward to seeing you again on your future trips to Helena!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

There was a snafu with my reservation. Arriving finally, at 3:30 a.m. from a long drive from Seattle, exhausted I checked in to discover my room had been "released." Desiree snapped into action. I was clearly bummed, but so was she. My college daughter and I discussed my options. I would stay in her dorm room (flashback to my college days - eeks!) Desiree took the initiative (uncommon - unfortunately) to find a room for me and set about to compensate for the error. She found a room at Days Inn, verified my reservation @ Comfort Suites for the next night. She upgraded my room and dropped the cost. I was good. She, however wasn't finished. She enrolled me in the points program. All the while, she sincerely apologized repeatedly. I was off to sleep in the dorm.

They called a few hours later. My room was ready. Nice touch. I returned to shower. No way was I going to stand in line for the shower with my daughter and her 3 room mates. I was greeted by Gabriel with a big smile( I think) she new my situation and name. We briefly chatted and she presented me with a cute little snack bag - for my inconvenience. Boy, did I feel welcomed and mattered. The remainder of my stay was great. Each staff member warmly greeted me; not the plastic, fake smiles of USBank on NE8th and 106th in Bellevue.
The bed and pillows were cozy. Room was super clean.
Good old fashion customer service in my experience is a thing of the best. Alas, it lives on at Comfort Suites in Helena. Nice work people!!
Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Pamela B,
I am truly thrilled to hear your experience was such a great one! We strive for excellence, and going above and beyond for our guests! It makes our jobs that much more enjoyable! I will share your glowing review with all my staff, and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We look foward to your return!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Thank-you so much for the use of your wonderful hotel. We booked it for wedding guests and made it our home for the week of the wedding. They all remarked what a great place to stay at a reasonable price and great breakfast. Thank-you Stephanie for all your great care and Kudos to your wonderful staff. Names fail me at this point. The girls at the front desk put welcome bags in the guest rooms for me and a lil something in the honeymoon suite and even helped iron out the issue of my son and new daughter-in-laws honeymoon suite getting placed next to our room. Awkward! Thankfully it was caught before the big night. Future weddings you may want to put wedding guests on a different floor than the bride and groom. Or at least the parents. All of you helped make our stay easy, at what could be a stressful time and were so willing and gracious to help with everything. Even your van driver made sure I had his card in case any of us needed a ride home. Thankfully he was not needed because we all had cleanup duty. I would recommend this place to all my friends and family and have. We even stayed here prior to the wedding when we helped the kids move from an apartment to thier new home and that stay was great also. Hopefully we will be welcome at the kids new house but when its full will be calling the Comfort Suites Helena home.

Room Tip: Stay on the north side so you can view the sleeping giant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Greetings wildwomenonwine,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of the Comfort Suites Helena! I am so happy to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay. We all take so much pride in our hotel, and enjoy helping all our guests with everything we possibly can, to make it an unforgettable stay. Thanks again and hope to see you in the near future!