“Very Nice”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Tennessee
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I pulled in here after a week-long trip to Glacier National Park. It was luxury compared to where I had been staying. I doubt I would have wanted to leave Montana if I had stayed here the whole time. Their website pictures are every bit like the room. They are clean and comfortable with plenty of room to spread out – like Montana. It is very near the airport – maybe 2 miles but there is no airport noise to be heard. The road right next to the hotel literally runs next to the airport entrance. The location is great with nearby restaurants and shopping. One can even walk to quite a few! There is a gas station with a car wash in front of the hotel which is nice if you have gotten your rental car extremely dirty.

Are their cons? Well, a few but minor. The walls are a smidge thin due to those who like loud TVs. The staff is nice but I have come across better. I think the worst flaw was the staff telling me I did not have to have a shuttle reservation so early in the morning since my flight was taking off at 6:00 am. When I got downstairs, there were already two ladies waiting and another gentleman arrived after me. The shuttle driver was 7 minutes late and the shuttle itself is van size. We were crammed! Not another piece of luggage would have fit. My point being, if we had one more person, someone would have had to wait for the next go around and if you are all trying to fly out at the same time, it might pose a minor problem so RESERVE a seat. If management says that it is unusual to have so many people at one time, then would it not be an argument to force reservations so the hotel could tell how many to expect for those unexpected anomalies? This brings me to rental cars. I always return mine the night before I fly out as I did here. It really was not necessary since this airport is so small. If you are unsure, take a quick drive around it the night before to acquaint yourself with where you need to park it. Trust me, it would be better. Also, when I called to be picked up to return to the hotel, it took about 25 minutes for them to arrive so I should have just walked the 2-2.5 miles back.

While I think the accommodation itself is 5 star, I rate this hotel a 4 only because 5 is perfection. I would stay here again but keep my rental with me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear HazelEyesFromTN,
Thank you for taking the time to rate Comfort Suites on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry about the issues with the shuttle van, I have been speaking with my team to come up with a sound solution when problems like yours arise. Again, we appreciate your feedback, and look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Olympia, WA
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel on December 23, 2013 for one night. The check in was seemless, our room was attractive and very comfortable and service was excellent. We all slept well and enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yakama
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Yakama,
I am thrilled to hear your stay was enjoyable and comfortable. We strive for excellent customer service, and its wonderful to hear how well we are doing! Thanks again for the great review and hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Dec 27,2013.
Our experience was fantastic. The staff was extremely great.
They have hot soup, coffee and cookies when you come in after a day of travelling.
They also offer free shuttle to restaurants since one is not on sight, so that way you can be chauffeured around and not worry if you want an alcoholic beverage while you're out.
They also have a nice exercise room and pool.
The morning breakfast was also good and like the entire hotel, spotless.
Will stay there again and will definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LivingGr8
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Greetings LivingGr8,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review for the Comfort Suites Helena! I will share your kind words will all my staff! Thanks again and we look foward to your return!
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent one night while on a long road trip. The room we had was spacious and very clean. This a new hotel, it was well planned. Plenty of plugs for all electronics. Working desk for computer. Bathroom had plenty of space. All of the staff we met were friendly and very professional. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Helena, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Hello AddiesGrammy,
Thank you for sharing your experience of the Comfort Suites Helena. We couldn't be happier to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!
Hither and Yon
Reviewed 7 December 2013

New hotel is near Costco and Staples, not far from the airport.

Nice small, indoor pool and hot tub. (And a Fitness Center we didn't use).

We had an excellent free breakfast buffet with cheese omelets, bacon, biscuits and gravy in addition to pastries, toast, cereals, and fruits. It was an unexpected bonus to have such a selection. Normally it's a cold continental breakfast at similar-priced hotels in the area...

Friendly, helpful staff, though check-in was a bit slow. One family was ahead of me, and one woman walked in after I did. She turned around and left after about 10 minutes. Clerk didn't speak to her while she was waiting, and it seemed he was overwhelmed at having so many people needing attention at once. Training hiccups, more than likely.

We stayed in a King Suite. The size was perfect for our family of four, but the cupboards were full of glasses, plates, etc. and our crawling babies couldn't be kept out. We ended up putting the coffee table in front of the cupboard doors to keep the doors closed.

The fold-out couch was adequate, but I'd not like to sleep on it more than one night... Next time we'll spring for the extra few bucks in order to have two beds. I was being cheap, and my back felt it the next day.

We're in Helena a few times a year, and we'll certainly return to Comfort Suites!

Room Tip: If you have crawling kiddos, stay away from the King Suites, as they have glasses, plates, etc. in t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Greetings Roadtrippin406,
Thank you for your kinds words and compliments of the Comfort Suites Helena. I am so thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! We look foward to seeing you again soon, and give you the chance to enjoy another one of our Suites(with 2 beds!)
Brea, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I had no idea of the difference between Comfort Suites (Red Sign) and Comfort Inn (Blue Sign). What an upgrade! Everything is well designed, well decorated, well taken care of and just a very nice experience. Usually we find something in a hotel that seems to nag at us. Not here. The room was clean and the layout was really conducive to a very relaxing stay. The soup, chili and cookies at 5:00 pm are a nice touch, It was really all we wanted after a day on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It is a really nice facility.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
BobS,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Comfort Suites Helena. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience! We strive to make everyones stay as comfortable as possible! Thanks again for the comments and recommendations! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Rolling Hills Estates, California
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My daughter attends a nearby college and we have both stayed here numerous times. The rooms are, well, roomy!! I love the couch sitting area which opens up the room. We love the beds, pillows, bathroom...it's all so clean! We also enjoy the cookies at check-in and the free breakfast in the morning. And the price is reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
AndiamoBella,
Thank you for continuing to choose the Comfort Suites of Helena! We appreciate your compliments and your continued loyalty! We look foward to seeing you again on your future trips to Helena!