“Shilo Helena”
Review of Shilo Inn - Helena

Shilo Inn - Helena
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 23 August 2013

First of all it was a nice large room. But I mainly booked this because of the airport shuttle service. I was informed at check in there was none. The lady at the desk even seemed perturbed that I asked. So we made due by hiring a taxi. Other complaints include the hot tub and sauna not working.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Forrest Y
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Forrest Y,

I am glad you enjoyed the spacious room. Our maintenance department has the hot tub back in working order and parts are ordered for the sauna. I do apologize that during your stay these were not in good working order. You were misinformed about our shuttle service to the airport. I have insured that all front desk agents are aware of our airport service. Please contact me about this mistake.

Thank-you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn - Helena

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is an older property, but fairly well kept. It was the best price we could find for Helena, MT. Continental breakfast was adequate. Swimming pool was good, HOT tub was GREAT, and they also had sauna & steam room. Seems the place is constantly try to update (little by little) things like the the TV's & mattresses. Don't expect the wifi to be very useful since internet access was spotty at best, even with a good wifi signal. No fitness facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear mtngoat2013,

Our swimming pool and hot tub are very popular and I am very glad that you could enjoy them during your stay. I will look into the wifi problem that you mentioned.

Thank-you for taking time to give us such a nice review.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

As others have said- you get what you pay for, in our case $48 on priceline.com. There is nothing nice about this hotel, but for what we paid it's hard to expect a lot. Shilo Inns generally aren't the nicest places and this is easily the worst Shilo Inn I've ever seen, but it had a bed and a TV and WiFi that worked and was all we really needed for a quick overnight stay on the way home from a trip to Glacier Park. We didn't want to blow the trip's budget on a nice hotel on the way home, and it suited our needs. If you're looking for any of the comforts or niceties of staying in a hotel for the experience of doing so, look elsewhere, you will be disappointed here. But, if you just need a place to spend a night and can overlook the age and dinginess of the place, this will do.

Room Tip: Our room was on the lowest level close to the pool and was dank and musty. Maybe a room on a higher...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Relytj,

I am pleased that you found the guest room adequate for your overnight stay. We are indeed a convenient stopping place in between Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park and we have many, many guests that enjoy stopping at the Shilo in Helena.

We are not the newest hotel in Helena, but most of our guests are pleased with the comfy, coziness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff.

Your comment is appreciated.

Thank-you,

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I wouldn't even rate this place! We stayed there for only 1 night, gave us room 115 went and checked the room out and it smelled sooo bad! Went back to the front desk told them about it and needless to say I had a newborn in my arms and they thought they could get away with it... gave us room 105 next wasn't bad until we pulled over the covers and there was bugs!!!! To top it off the darn shower head didn't work! This place is horrible and make sure you check your surroundings before you take your children in there! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mvmjelstad
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn - Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear mvmjelstad,

You had 2 rooms reserved and I admit that we made an error and checked you into dirty rooms. It was an error. We did apologize and made sure you had 2 clean rooms. We would never want this to happen to any of our guests. It was so inconvenient for you. We are truly sorry for this error.
Don’t give up on Shilo Inns for this mistake. We do hope you will stay with Shilo again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

First off I only paid $70 for a 2 queen room and a pool, so I don't feel too bad.
The place is small, limited staff and probably just hanging on due to remote location and larger chain hotels next door.
With 2 kids, I look for value, a pool and breakfast. The first room AC was broke, so they kindly moved me to a second room with no hassles. 2nd room cable paid tv was not working. They said they could move me again, but we just stuck with basic tv and stayed.
There is no breakfast room, just a corner of the small lobby that they somehow cram basics into. I went to Albertsons and picked up some fresh fruit etc instead. The pool is small, but the kids liked it. Both the sauna and the steam room are not working, which is funny because if you read further reviews, you will notice this is common knowledge for some time... that indicates that they either don't read tripadvisor, or they don't care. The rooms are basic, but clean, and the beds are comfortable.
Don't expect 3 star, but for $70, it will door for a night.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear mattkingston,

The sauna and steam room sometimes need to be “reset” for them to work properly. I will be sure to remind the staff and maintenance to reset them daily. Thank-you for letting me know about this issue.

The pool is a favorite and I am glad that you and the children enjoyed it.
We hope that you will stay with Shilo Inn again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

My companion and I have a tendency to be hotel snobs because we travel for work. But on this road trip we were looking for the best value considering we were spending minimal time in our rooms. We definitely found that with the Shilo. We booked on Hotwire each night and paid no more than 60 per night. The beds are great, the room was clean, big windows open and it is close to the highway and Walmart. I'll definitely be back. If you are looking for a clean cheap room. This place is great.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I've stayed at many different Shilo Inn's in the rocky mountain region. This location happened to be the oldest/outdated by far. The front desk staff was VERY friendly, and check in was a breeze.

The room was very outdated, and the bed was horribly uncomfortable. The WiFi didn't work well (the office said they are trying to isolate the problem), and the breakfast food was stale.

I got a good online deal for the room, so I guess I can say I got what I paid for. It's an okay room for one night. No more than that. I like the Shilo Inn brand of hotels and would stay at other locations again. This one... only if there aren't other options.

Room Tip: A garden level room away from the main road and ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business