“Business is Closed”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Business is Closed”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The owners have retired and moved away. What a loss! A new restaurant has moved into this space. Asian cuisine. Haven't been there.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Stephen_Patty

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been there done that”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Went there with two other couples so there were 6 of us total. Food was good but nothing I would rave about the same was felt by the rest of our crowd. The service was excellent, probably why I gave it three stars instead of lower. Plenty of courses but not enough of each coarse to satisfy the three men in our crowd with everyone getting equal portions the Men felt it was several courses of appitizers. We all agreed its worth trying once for the experience but probably would dine elsewhere......

Helena, Montana
“My new favorite restaurant.”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

!2 West is what a supper club is supposed to by. Small, individual service... you have your table for the night. The changing menu keeps me coming back when something new is offered. My husband has an allergy to bell peppers and the chef carefully prepares a special portion just for him. I've been there three times now and have never been disappointed. Bring you own bottle of wine or beer. Can't wait for French Cuisine night

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lori D
Helena, Montana
“Such a fun restaurant- a real treat in Helena”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

12 West Supper Club is a very unique concept, and one of a kind in Helena. They offer a prix fixe menu that changes bi-weekly. Each menu is inspired by a specific locale. We visited while they were offering the French bistro menu & the Greek Isles menu and both were delicious.
As I mention, the menu is a multi-course prix fixe menu. All items are served family style. Our experience has been that the courses are all very creative & seem to be authentic (we have been to France, but not Greece, personally). Of the 12-ish courses we've eaten at 12 West, our only complaint was that our endive was not as fresh as it could be on an endive salad on the French bistro menu. I think that's a pretty good average considering how many different things we've tried at the restaurant! Other than that, everything was prepared perfectly and was delicious. It's so fun to go through plate after plate with the group & just enjoy it together, and take your time.
The restaurant is very accommodating, as well. The Greek menu offered a lamb plate, and one of our group is allergic to lamb, so they happily substituted pork for her's (we emailed ahead of time). They were very gracious about it.
The restaurant is very small, and requires reservations. They do fill up occasionally. The ambiance is not fantastic (it was previously a "hole in the wall" Chinese restaurant), but we really didn't care after we got served the food.
12 West is a BYOB establishment, which we actually saw as a plus. We looked at the menus on line, and bought a bottle of wine to pair with each dish so we could do our own food & wine pairing. That was really fun, and I recommend it to others! Without the mark up on wine, it's very reasonable to buy a few moderately nice bottles to enjoy with dinner & make your experience more pleasurable. I do have to warn that the choice in glassware is not extensive, they seem to only offer one type of wine glass. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal, just something worth mentioning. We like sparkling, so we brought our own champagne flutes since they don't have any on hand. Really, this is nit picking, just something I thought I should mention.
The service is always friendly & prompt. Since they can't serve wine & they're not really taking orders, there's not really much to expect, but the servers all seem to be working hard & keeping everyone happy (I have to say, they do a good job clearing plates & bringing fresh share plates/utensils, which is always very nice).
The prices are extremely good for what you're getting. It varies based on the menu, but it's generally around $25-27 for a 5 course meal. The fact that you don't play a mark up on wine combined with the very reasonable food prices makes this place an excellent value, in my opinion.
Overall, a really fun experience, and delicious food. The ambiance could be slightly better, but, really, it's just a cool way to spend an evening with friends. You won't be disappointed! (PS Their menus tend to be available ahead of time on their webpage- check them out so you know what to expect if you're a picky eater!)

• Visited March 2013
Montana
“Prix fixe themed menu”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very good food, relaxed and attentive service, variety of ethnic menus on different days and weeks. Small, reservation only restaurant.

Visited January 2013