“Great spot in Helena”

Barrister Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Helena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2013

During a recent vacation, we stayed with Nick and Liane at the beautiful Barrister B and B in downtown Helena. Their hospitality and warmth made this an incredible stay. Their house felt like our house. Nick's huckleberry stuffed French toast is out of this world. I would definitely recommend staying here - it won't disappoint. Tracy and Mary, Oxford AL

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Barrister Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I just couldn't say how impressed we were with the beautiful Barrister B&B! The location is amazing -- literally across the street from the astounding cathedral. What a jewel, and the neighborhood is lovely, too. All beautiful historic homes. Happy Hour at 5:30pm gives you a chance to meet and greet some of the other guests and share what you've seen in the city. Wonderful food, and so accommodating of our little dachshund, too. Leanne even had puppy biscuits at the ready. The history of the home is amazing, so go ahead and book!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed only one night, but our room could not have been nicer or more accommodating.
Great bed with wonderful pillows and Nick the owner-chef, provided a hearty breakfast to start our travels to Yellowstone NP. Leanne provided us with travel and dining tips. We will certainly stay again if our travels bring us back to Helena.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed in the carriage house for 2 nights, which I think is often rented out for long term. It was fully stocked with dishes, oven, large fridge, washer and dryer, and they were always offering to provide anything else we may need. Nick and Leann were incredible hosts. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The carriage house has everything you need and is very quiet and has great natural light.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank trvlnfam35539
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Barrister's B&B is operated by Nick and Leanne, the brother sister team who manage this large old mansion next to a beautiful cathedral. I was arriving late, but Leanne met me and gave me a tour of the house and a glass of wine. My room was very nice and I had a good sleep on a comfortable bed (great sheets and towels) Breakfast was excellent. I think Nick said he bought the house in 1995. He grew up in the neighbourhood and wanted to see the old house properly restored. If you stay you must get him to show you some of the painstaking and beautiful work he's done on the tin ceilings, crown mouldings, etc. He also found clever ways to add five more bathrooms to the house. If you love old houses this is one to see. Nick's profession was the law, but I think that he and Leanne have found their calling as the charming hosts of The Barrister. Well recommended.

Room Tip: If it's available, take the large suite with the view of the cathedral.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2013

It does not get better than this! I found the Barrister on a trip to Helena in the dead of winter and from the moment I walked through the doors, everything here was inviting-- from the decor to the host and hostess of this magnificent B & B. I look forward to coming to Helena just to stay here and feel pampered and genuinely cared for by these inn keepers. The food nurishes the body, the peace ans solitude bathe the soul in abundance, providing respite from a busy world. You need to come to the Barrister to fully appreciate what I have said. It is a priceless experience, purchased for pennies. A great value for sure and more importantly a essential moment to a life well lived.

Room Tip: The Barrister Suite!!! Four poster bed - love it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I just returned from Helena, Montana, after staying for 4 nights at this wonderful B & B. As indicated in my review two years ago -“It's about time I gave this beautiful Bed & Breakfast the review it deserves!” - this place is first rate. After reading the last review from OutdoorDad, I felt I just had to review this B & B again! What is wonderfully reassuring and comforting is that nothing at all has changed since the last time I was here. I have stayed here a number of times over the last five years, and everything is always consistently perfect - the room, the available facilities within the house (including use of computer and/or grand piano!!), the ambience, and the most certainly the breakfast! This time it was a selection of egg recipes, bacon, sausages, delicious french toast stuffed with huckleberries, oatmeal with sauteed fresh fruit, delicious breads, yogourt and fresh fruit. I was always consulted and offered several options for breakfast - amazing! Nick and Leanne go out of their way to ensure your comfort, and continue to be interested and helpful as you plan your ventures in and around Helena. I will always look to The Barrister for rest and relaxation, and delicious breakfasts, when I go to Helena, Montana.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo