“There is a reason you normally need a reservation....”
Review of Toi's Thai

Toi's Thai
Ranked #87 of 168 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived so early for supper (around 5:30) that we managed to get in without a reservation. The restaurant is small, and tables are so close together that the wait-person has a hard time squeezing between them. In any case, what counts is the food, and it was extremely good: generous portions, and delicious. I am not fond of very spicy dishes, and was happy that our waiter fulfilled his promise that my food would not be too spicy.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

we were able to get in on Wednesday w/o a reservation.
We ate a couple of our favorite, familiar Thai dishes, done right.
As we paid our bill, we made reservations for Valentine's dinner.
Friday night, the owner remembered my wife, asked her if she wanted her meal "5" on the spicy scale again, then suggested what we get that night. We were glad to oblige. Again, All Good!
It is a hole in the wall kind of place. It is not glamorous, nor pretentious, just good eats, served up with genuine hospitality.
The place has been there for something like 20 years, & people keep going back. I plan on it myself. Go there.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

For many years now I have heard that Toi's Thai is delicious. I hadn't had a chance to try it because it is tiny and you can't get in without reservations. Finally a friend made reservations there. Coming in it was crowded and every time the door opened we all froze. The table was so cramped. I ordered tea to drink. The waitress said it would take a minute to make. Then she came back with cold liquid (I won't call it tea). She said as it turned out they already had a pot ready. I wonder how long it had been sitting there? I took the first sip and it tasted like cheap floral perfume. I wanted something to wash the taste out of my mouth. I let my niece try a sip and she gagged just smelling it. I ordered vegetable pad thai. It was ridiculously overpriced at $14/plate. We all took turns trying one another's dishes, everyone agreed mine was the best of all three dishes. Sadly, even though mine was "the best" it was still lacking any flavor and the veggies were not fresh! We ordered sticky rice for dessert. The rice was good, but the slimy brown bananas in it weren't!! If you want good Thai, you aren't going to find it in Helena. Save your money and eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A lot of times I build up my expectations remembering a past visit to a restaurant and wanting it to be as good. Saturday night did not disappoint!!! Toi's Thai is as great as I remember it being. The sticky rice with Big Dipper mango ice cream was such a nice way to end the delicious meal. Thanks Toi's Thai!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This restaurant was an absolutely amazing experience, abundant, delicious, authentic food. Is it a bit pricey for the food? Sure it is, but you're in Helena, MT. That's called pricing what the market will bear, and it's going to be more expensive than being in a town where Thai food is abundant. With that said, it's well worth the money. The food and service are absolutely top-notch and you get a lot of food. The location is quite small, so make sure you have reservations! Despite being small, it is very homey and a great family setting, definitely a place worth checking out, even if it can only be an occasional treat for most of us.