“As good as it used to be”
Review of Taco Treat

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Treat
Ranked #96 of 170 Restaurants in Helena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I lived in Great Falls 50 years ago, I loved getting tacos at Taco Treat. Stopped at the Helena location a couple weeks ago and was delighted to find they still are making great food.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Ugh. We've eaten here for years with no real problems other than some very noisy kids last time we visited. Today we walked in and there was a girl sitting near the door with greasy, short dark hair picking at her head. That was almost enough to make us turn around, but my husband really wanted a Taco Treat taco. Okay....so we headed to the counter and started to place our order when the same girl who had been sitting by the door got up, walked behind the counter and started preparing food! I did not see her wash her hands, but even if she did, I watched her put a plate of food in an oven or microwave - not sure what it was, and then while waiting for the food to cook, she started picking at her head again...then grabbed the plate out of the oven and put it on a tray to serve it. OMG. How totally gross. I couldn't eat. I've worked in food service for years and one of the most important rules is DO NOT TOUCH YOUR HAIR while working with food and if you have to, you wash your hands again (and again...). Cleanliness folks! You don't pick at scabs on your head and then serve food to customers. How gross. If this is their standard of service there, then we won't be going there any more.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

If you order Beef Nachos you get Bean Nachos never again.....they want 100 characters so never again, never again, never again.....

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

There are better places to eat close by. We had hoped for something better than Taco Bell fast food. Nope, didn't get it. Just average at best.
Had a couple of over priced ($3 as opposed to a better one at $1.79 back home) Taco Burgers that tasted like it was just lightly seasoned hamburger meat on a somewhat stale bun with lettuce and cheese. Taco Sauce was good however.
Our party had everything from taco salad to burritos to just tacos, and no one was impressed. Especially with what to me were high prices, I expected better.
The guy that took our order was great, however. Polite, smiling, and brought us our food out even thought he has a handicap. He's a real plus for Taco Treat.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The food was okay - not sure why the beef in the tacos has to be so dry. Great cheese though! Our problem on this day was children - some adults came in with about 8 kids (party?) and took up half the restaurant and the kids were loud and running all over and of course, the parents were too busy talking at their own table to pay any attention to the chaos that their perfect children created. On top of that, the staff had the radio blasting in the dining area - hard rock loud through horrible tinny sounding speakers. Not pleasant at all. We've eaten here for years and this was the worst experience we had there. Too bad our afternoon lunch was ruined by kids that were not being supervised at all.

Been to Taco Treat? Share your experiences!