“C'mon man, walls are like paper, if you don't mind hearing your neighbor farting, this hole is tolerable.”
Review of Budget Inn Express

Budget Inn Express
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I drove for ten hours and just needed something clean & quiet, clean sure, quiet forget it. The woman in charge just doesn't get it.

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank Quietpleez
Budget Inn E, Public Relations Manager at Budget Inn Express, responded to this review, 25 March 2015
We are so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience staying at the Budget Inn with the previous owners and management.

My business partner and I have recently purchased this property in February 2015. We have begun the process of renovating this property. If you happen to come to Helena again, we hope that you would give us another opportunity to change your mind when we have completed renovations.

Ronan, Montana
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Beds were very clean and extremely comfortable!! If you are used to fancy chains and newer accommodations don't stay here. If, however, you are looking for a good deal and don't mind putting up with older fixtures, carpets and buildings, this is the place for you. Downtown and lots of people wandering around and hanging out in the parks nearby, but this is Montana! Everyone very friendly, even the bums, and felt safe and had no problems with the managers, locals or other residents. Surprisingly quiet. Good hot water and water pressure. Good TV reception. Tiny microwave, had to watch the popcorn closely. Huge fridge for a hotel room! Used actual keys to get into room, which was very handy as I just put it on my car key ring for the trip. This is an older place so do not expect a really nice room, but what is important is there: good beds & bedding, good hot water, safe area, quiet rooms, micro/fridge and cable TV, Easier to get to area of town we needed to than the hotels up by the mall. Lots of stuff to walk around and see. Will stay here next year too.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank MTCOT
Budget Inn E, Owner at Budget Inn Express, responded to this review, 25 March 2015
Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your business, and hope you continue to give us feed back as we begin renovations as the new owners and managers of this motel nestled right in the heart of downtown Helena.

Helena, Montana
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My friend and I stayed here for a night. There were no vacancy's anywhere else in town because of a teachers conference. When we got to the front desk the guy was extremely rude! We got to our room and found that the bathroom was dirty and half of the lights in the room did not work. The door only had one lock and when we were bringing our bags into the room there were several guys standing outside smoking that put off a very vibe.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank misstiffanyjo
I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience staying at the Budget Inn with previous management and owners.

Budget Inn Management

Travellers are raving about these Helena hotels

Helena, MT
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Nice people, clean room, low price for area, when you paid for business travel yourself it matters.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

New Mexico
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I made a reservation to stay at the Budget Inn Express in Helena about 10 days in advance. I canceled it a couple of days later due to a death in the family. I was charged anyway. When I called to correct the error I was told that I did not cancel the reservation. When I said that I had the record of the call time and duration of the cancellation on my cell phone I was told, "that's what everone says."

You don't ever get a reservation or a cancellation number. Fortunately I was begrudingly told that they would credit my credit card (remains to be seen), but that they would never let me stay there in the future.

Be careful about giving this lady your credit card number, because based on the "that's what everyone says" statement it seems that others may have had a similar experience. It could be that she genuinely does not remember our conversation and/or her computer is not working the way she thinks it is. If you decide to stay there, you might think about paying with cash. I am hoping it is a good place and good people with poor memories and lousy computer skills.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HappyTrailsNewMexico
I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the Budget Inn with previous management and owners.

Germany
Reviewed 12 July 2008

The Budget Inn Express is exactly as its name implies - a budget Inn motel. Although this facility is older and requires some renovation, it was an excellent choice for location and price. The motel is located in the "old" downtown area - a good location to many tourist sites. The price was right! Less than $50. Our room was clean but showed aging and wear and tear. The receptionist was extremely friendly. This is not a 1st class motel but for one night is was a perfect choice for our short stay in Helena.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — Older and required some upgrading
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple