“Great for our family of 5”

Jorgenson's Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Helena
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great for our family of 5”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

You don't often find a place that is affordable and has space for 5 AND includes a fresh breakfast made for you (not for the entire hotel at once) AND an agreement with an awesome place to workout and swim just down the road (my kids will never accept a hotel pool again!). We are simple people. We like a place to rest our heads, maybe let the kids watch a tv show. We want clean, but don't care if the color scheme is 'in'. We had a few hiccups with the air conditioning in our room, but they moved us and fixed the problem immediately when it was convenient for us. We made friends with our breakfast serves and felt comfortable here. Couldn't have had a better affordable stay centrally located for our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
JTuckerJr, General Manager at Jorgenson's Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
The kids won't accept a hotel pool!?!?! Dangit, Ours just re-opened! You may have to come back and let them try our new indoor pool - then you don;t have to drive over to the club (which we still offer access to for all the workout equipment and such).

Glad you had a great experience - we hope you return to Helena often!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a recent road trip. My husband checked in while I stayed in the car with our dogs. After getting our key, he came out and exclaimed "Man, people are nice here!" The room was very spacious and well-appointed. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I thought the toiletries were some of the best I've come across in any hotel stay. I'm in a wheelchair and the room was very handicapped accessible. My only complaint is that the bed was pretty high which made transferring from my wheelchair a bit difficult. But if that is my only complaint, then I think the place was in pretty great shape! We didn't make it to the free breakfast, as we were traveling with our dogs and didn't want to leave them in the room alone to have a sit down breakfast. But, there was free coffee in the lobby and we were fine with that. The location of the hotel was pretty great too. I would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank Stephanie A
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for a single night at Jorgenson’s during a trip through Montana from Washington state.

Never before have I felt so at odds with Tripadvisor reviews. Jorgenson’s was both the most expensive and least impressive property we visited during our trip, which included stays in Spokane and Great Falls.

We booked our other hotels via bargain sites but felt that Jorgenson’s strong Tripadvisor rating and competitive pricing made it a no-brainer for our stay in Helena.

Boy were we wrong. The front desk is nice, and the girl working was pleasant. We stayed in an older building and while the main building may be more up to par, these older rooms were poor.

I’ll be honest, there was a feeling of deflation the moment I opened the door to the room, which backed on to Helena’s depressing shopping mall (where we still managed to spend a few bucks at JC Penney). We thought better of parking on the exposed rear side of the property and parked in the more central parking lot (everything we know about Montana is it’s a pretty safe state, but the rear parking seemed kinda exposed).

Inside the room, my wife found a mystery stain on the comforter for her bed and she insisted that we raise the issue with hotel staff. To the front desk staff's credit, after hearing about the bedding issues and some general cleanliness issues in the room (a good deal of dust on surfaces through the room), we were moved to a different room with no question.

The new room had seemingly clean bedding (though there was a cigarette burn on the bedskirt), but there was an odd aroma (livable — not disgusting, but weird) and it still looked as tired as the previous room (and the chair had some sort of stain on it). The television clearly needed programming: the channel up/down button didn’t work properly and we had to manually input channels. In addition to these issues was just a general lack of decorative touch.

It would be unfair to point to the various factors in our general disappointments without bringing up the bright spots: the free breakfast is pretty standard breakfast fare -- but very generous for a free morning meal. While overall we were unimpressed with the room, the toiletries seemed quite nice and the bathrooms were either years ahead of their time or recently refurbished. Whatever the case, they were nice, clean and did not show any of the age that the other parts of the rooms did.

Ultimately, the hotel was secure enough (a hotel key card needed to get to the second floor of our building) and the room was passable. But it was the most disappointing hotel stay I’ve had in the past five years. I find it difficult to reconcile this hotel’s rating with my experience there. We doubt we'd stay here again.

Absarokee, Montana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

At our recent stay, the service was phenomenal, the room was great, and the value was exceptional. We were in the old building, in one of the King Suites. For the money it's a great room. Next time we're back in Helena, we'll stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: King Suites are a good value.
Green Features: Great to see a hotel advertise this. We saw Energy Saver TV's in particular.
Norcross, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Jorgensens because of other positive reviews and we agree. The room was comfortable,the complimentary made to order breakfast, and the free passes to the Montana history center were added bonuses. If you are in Helena I highly recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Deer Lodge
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were in town for the fair and concert. We stayed at the Jorgensen's Inn and Suites. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. We were able to get a complimentary shuttle to and from the fairgrounds so we did not have to worry about parking. It really made for a great night. Great complementary breakfast in their restaurant the next day. Great rooms and many extra customer pluses. We would definitely stay there again.

Dallas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in Helena to break the trip from Glacier to Yellowstone. Our group is two children, their parents, and grandma (me). The motel is clean but very worn.

The phone in the room had all the buttons missing and no dial tone, so we asked for another. The housekeeper let herself into the room without announcing while I was trying to take a nap. The key word in this sentence is trying because . . .

The a/c is cooling a space about 2" beyond the box. Sporadically. It seems to run for about 15 minutes and turn itself off. There is a helpful note that says, Wait 2 minutes before resetting. Whatever that means. As I write this review (20 hours after check-in), the a/c is still not working.

It reached 90 degrees in Helena this afternoon so it's a little warm in the room.

Oh, yes, the room. We have three double beds. Sounds good, right? One room is a double double. Then there is an adjoining room with a double. There is nothing else in the second room. Just the bed. There is about a foot of clearance all around. No a/c or heating vent. No dresser. No electric outlet (except the one with the wall sconce plugged in. No external door. (Seems to me the fire marshall needs to know about that one.)

It's clean. It's near downtown. It was inexpensive. (Duh.)

Room Tip: There is a casino/lounge next to the restaurant. The place reeks of smoke. Sleeping rooms do not.
Green Features: I can't tell what their environmentally-friendly practices are, although I apparently have to write something in this box in order to get this review published.
1 Thank MarySueDallas