All reviewsholiday innlast chance gulchgreat locationfront deskfree shuttle to the airportdouble treestandard sizeincluded in pricerestaurants and barsa hilton honors memberroom was cleannice linensparking lot ishotel is locatedstaff was friendlybusiness tripshuttle service
Reviewed 5 June 2005

I say above average because the place looks like the worst dive in Helena from the outside, but the reception was really nice and the rate cheap ($45 for a a double). The room was super-clean with a fridge and microwave and the location on Last Chance Gulch is superb for sauntering up the Main Street in one direction or over to the Carousel and the Brewhouse Pub & Grille (really recommended) on the other side. It is within walking distance of the Capital but is closer to the pedestrianised Main Street. It is away from all the motel/fast food chains so was also quiet. I would stay there again.

5  Thank AmyT900
Reviewed 22 December 2004

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Downton in Helena from 12/5/04 to 12/10/04 for a business trip. The room I checked into was terrible and I asked to be moved. My next room was better but still had some problems. Don't stay on the 7th floor. It is in need of remodeling badly. Even though the rooms were bad the service and food was good. The location is also very nice on Last Chance Gulch with a walking mall right out the door. If I go to Helena again I am staying at the Great Northern.

3  Thank FellowTraveler7707
Reviewed 6 August 2004

Stayed here February 1, 2004 on business. Room was big, clean, quiet, with nice view of town. Comfortable and well-equipped. Restaurant food and service, excellent and very reasonably priced. Room service, prompt and excellent quality. Nice indoor pool and spa. Great location in the midst of downtown shops and restaurants. It's a bit hard to find the entrance--they need more of a sign!

3  Thank Live2Travel95616
Reviewed 5 July 2003

After reading the reviews that are posted. Its easy to see how different people are. I know that we all have off days, but I cant believe the review posted from Dec 2002. I have nothing but good to say about the Holiday Inn Helena Downtown. The rooms are very clean. The staff is great. The service is great and the food is also.........Great!!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and think the Dec 2002 reviewer should consider another stay!! Like I said everyone has bad days!!

6  Thank FellowTraveler5381
Reviewed 24 January 2003

Stayed at hotel for my anniversary. Had a pleasant stay. Nice jacuzzi suite!! Staff was wonderful and the restaurant is probably the best Holiday Inn restaurant I have ever eaten in. Fantastic Food!!!! Two thumbs up!!! Plenty to do downtown!!!!

8  Thank Happiness4661