“Fairfield Inn Helena” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Utah
“Fairfield Inn Helena”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Typical Fairfield Inn. Our room was clean and large, big enough to fit a rollaway with no problem. Breakfast was OK, with a decent variety, but very small area to eat and prepare food. Seemed that they were short handed when we checked in. One employee handling calls, check in, questions, delivery to rooms, etc. She did a good job and was polite, but they could have used some additional help. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and the elevator was out when we got there, but was back up and running by morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear RRDUtah,

I apologize for any inconvenience you had with the elevator being down. We are doing some remodleling in our hotel that I think you will enjoy. Please come stay with us again.

Leah
gm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Centreville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I wondered why a Fairfield inn by Marriott ranks so low in Helena but now I know. This may be the last hotel (even in the limited service sector) that has a single pull door. You notice on entry the overflowing trash can and the hotel's only luggage cart before arriving at the unstaffed front desk. A sleepy and bedraggled young woman came out and I gave her my name, to which she replied "credit card?" Ok, it was 10 pm but the welcome might have been a bit nicer. She did provide breakfast hours and directions to the room before disappearing again as we unloaded. Skipped breakfast. As the previous reviewer stated the fruit was clearly leftover and pulled out for another day. The coffee was fine but breakfast otherwise pretty unappealing. The attendant never uttered a word. In the room the shower head needs a major decalcification and there was pink mold around the tub caulking. Not pretty. Checking out with luggage was an obstacle course as the room attendants had lined the narrow corridor with cart after cart of supplies. Never seen that before. Guess there are no maids carts to service so it's done in bulk. Seemed there were three people working on one room. Anyhow this place needs a real overhaul. Hope someone is paying attention.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear GK1959,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. I do applogize for your inconvience. We are starting or new renovations and will be putting in electric doors among many other improvments. I hope that you will come stay with us again in the future and give us a chance to win back your business. Once again thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been staying at the Fairfield Inn for several years with my meetings twice a year in Helena. Each stay has been terrific with the highlight being the morning breakfast. The nice lady that used to run the breakfast nook made sure that the food was warm, good, and plentiful. However, there seems to have been a change in management and things are not so good at the Fairfield. The morning breakfast was DISGUSTING!! The waffle mix was runny, the scrambled eggs tasted rubbery and salty, and the fruit was days old. I ended up throwing away just over half of the food. I sure hope someone in management reads this and gets something fixed right a way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear George,
Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. You will be happy to know we still have the same breakfast lady it just happened to be her day off. I will get with our new staff and do some retraining. You are a valued customer and I hope to see you again in the future. If I can be of any help with future reservations please let me know. Once again thank you for staying with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed here many times, and will again. The staff are friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. My grandchildren enjoy the pool. Breakfast is not great, but certainly adequate. The rates are affordable. Everything I need!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gayle B, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Aloha Valued Customer,

We really appreciate your comments and are glad your stay was relaxing!! We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope you have a great week!!!

Mahalo!!!
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

we stay at alot of Fairfields and this one needs work...............Staff not knowledgeable, elevator is noisy and the walls are paper thin........if you like to party then stay.....if you want quiet and CLEAN...there are 6 others on that strip alone..........................spend some money owners!!!

Room Tip: If the whole town is booked....stay on top floor its quieter......except in the morning....housekeep...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We did not meet your or our own standards. If there is anything I can help with or future reservation please let me know.

Leah L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Staff very friendly. Room 218. Not very soundproof but you don't come here to spend the day in the room. Nice breakfast offered, I have never seen such an assortment outside of a restaurant or buffet! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, toast, bagels, English muffins, biscuits & gravy, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, fresh fruit and juice. There is also coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7. Property is very clean. Small store in the lobby with snacks, drinks and toiletries for purchase. The rooms are clean and have a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel offers Pantene shampoo and conditioner as well as Vaseline hand lotion. Not some cheap smelly stuff! The property offers free parking and wifi-connectivity was not an issue. I would definitely stay here again. We took a couple hour drive to Missoula where we found much better shopping. The only decent stores in Helena were JC Penny and Macy's. There were also more dining options.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MacapaAB
I'm so glad to hear that you had a good experience staying with us. I am happy to pass along your great review of our breakfast to our breakfast staff. If I can ever help with future reservations please let me know.

Leah L
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Nothing special, but a pleasant, cheerful place. Rooms had a microwave and refrigerator (but without a freezer compartment, but the staff will put freezer packs into the kitchen freezer for you). Rooms were clean, as was the whole hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Chad D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Professional-Pilgrim,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are aware that some guests may need a freezer, and as you stated we are happy to help you with storing items in our kitchen freezer. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, please let us know if we can help you with future reservations.