“Good Place to Atay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Helena
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just off the interstate, but inside the room you did not hear any traffic. Lots of places to eat nearby. The room was very nice and spacious, with 2 queen beds. We paid $127 for the room for 1 night. Plenty of space in the room with a desk and chair and credenza for the TV which we never turn on. I would recommend this hotel. The staff were helpful, and very friendly.

Room Tip: Upper floor, away from elevator and ice machines
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena

Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you need a roof over your head for the night, this place works. The rooms were spacious and clean plus they had free WiFi. You are not really in a spot to walk to anything and I can't say you are going to miss anything in life if you never make it to this hotel....but sometimes you just need a decent place to stay before the next meeting.

I did get a laugh though. I asked the lady at the front desk what I should do in Helena since I had four hours to kill before I need to leave town. Her response was, "Have you been to our mall." Not exactly what I had in mind, but again, it works.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Alex L,

I apologize that the front desk suggested visiting our mall. It is quite laughable. However they are building a new mall in town. There is not a lot of sight seeing within walking distance other then our beautiful capital building a few blocks away. If you happen to come back to Helena I really suggest taking the tour of the capitol. I hope you will come stay with us again and I will have a stack of fun and historical places for you to visit. If you need any help with further stays please contact me. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived an hour and a half early but the front desk was very accommodating. Our room was ready within 20 minutes. The Wifi was great and the rooms were very comfortable. I will continue to do business with Fairfield Inn due to their consistent quality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TRoxanne
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here to redeem reward points while on a road trip. It meets all your needs - clean room, comfy bed (but the flimsy mattress pad thingy kept coming untucked and got lumped up under the fitted sheet) and clean bathroom. The breakfast was included, so of course I partook, and it was enough to satisfy for a few hours. While Fairfield is not my chain of choice, I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I doubt I would stay here again. The fire alarm had been going off all afternoon and the firemen were there when we arrived. We waited until the assistant manager arrived and they finally determined it was the elevator overheating (or something). Was not particularly impressed with anything at this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Nita,

I apologize about the fire alarm going off. We are putting in a new system along with many other upgrades to the property. I hope you will be back and give us another chance to make your stay with us everything it should be.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Been staying here for many years. Just checked out today after a week stay. The hotel itself was in good shape, desk staff were up to usual high standards. Cleaning staff just plain sucked.

Am Showing a pic where a maid refused to make my bed because of "personal items". I had changed after work and left a pair of jeans on teh bed. One pair, nothing else, certainly no itemS.

ANywhere wles the maid would have without question movred the jeans, made bed, then probably put jeans back where she found them. The bed was not the only thing. Old washcloth was still hanging on shower curtain rod, dirty tissues on soink and by bed. Obvious stuff a maid in a hurry of just lazy would miss. See pic.

Will still recommend as I am betting something will be done with the maid service soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. WMRalls,

I apologize for your bed not being made. You are right that the jeans should have been moved. We do have new staff and I will be going over what to do in this situation. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Typical Fairfield Inn. Our room was clean and large, big enough to fit a rollaway with no problem. Breakfast was OK, with a decent variety, but very small area to eat and prepare food. Seemed that they were short handed when we checked in. One employee handling calls, check in, questions, delivery to rooms, etc. She did a good job and was polite, but they could have used some additional help. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and the elevator was out when we got there, but was back up and running by morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Leah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Helena, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear RRDUtah,

I apologize for any inconvenience you had with the elevator being down. We are doing some remodleling in our hotel that I think you will enjoy. Please come stay with us again.

gm