“Clean, Picturesque, Secluded Sites”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hungry Horse
Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins
“Clean, Picturesque, Secluded Sites”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here while visiting Glacier National Park the week before Labor Day 2013. We visited in a Class A motorhome, so used the campgrounds rather than the cabins, but would consider the cabins if we came back without the RV.

We used the showers on two separate occasions, and found them to be very clean. My wife who doesn't use the common showers commented that she would have no problem using them, if needed.

All sites are wooded and well separated from one another, at least they feel separated. Our site was wooded on three sides (though we were only ~15 feet from the next nearest site). There are a few sites that are more closely spaced, but this is definitely not a park in a field location. All sites are built into the hillside, so many view lines are over the tops of neighbors on one side and into the hillside on the other.

We were able to maneuver our 41' rig around the grounds, but it does require some driving skill. There were at least 3 rigs larger than ours (and at least one was 53').

The laundry facilities were sub-standard. It didn't feel like the washes were thorough, and our clothes came out wet out of the dryer. I'd probably not use the laundry facilities again, but overall the laundry was clean and would suffice when needed.

The owners definitely run a tight ship. Don't bring your Harley into the grounds, exceed the posted speed limits, or have a large party around the campfire. If you're a princess, or don't think the rules apply to you, then this isn't the place for you. The rest of us who enjoy not being woken up at 2am when you roll in on your Harley's or by loud parties will enjoy their stay.

1 Thank OU812Foodie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for 4 days in one of the cabins which we enjoyed very much. If you are looking to party in a campground do not come here. I can see where people did encounter attitude though we did not have any difficulty during our stay. If you have children and do not plan on being in Glacier National Park all day long, you may want to look at other options as there is not a playground or pool, only the pond. There are water parks nearby as an option as well. The area was well shaded and if you have a very large RV, I am not sure that you would fit in many of the sites. The bathrooms were well maintained, clean and the shower had great water pressure (unless someone flushed the toilet) and though I only had to wait for the shower once, I do believe they could use a few more showers.

hamilton
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Hello everyone, I want to share my experience about this place. My Kids got me this trip as a Fathers Day present. ( I have great kids ) They had reserved a 6 person cabin . I had my son, a friend from Colorado and a friend from Arizona who chose to spend their one week vacation with me at Mountain Meadows. First thing we get put in a cabin with one Queen and a futon for 4 full grown men . My son had to sleep on the floor and my friend from Colorado had to sleep in the Van. My daughter has emailed them several times and 2 weeks later no reply. As other reviews have stated they have the customer service of wild boars. They were rude to my guest and made all of us feel very uncomfortable . They bark at people like they own you and have no clue what people are looking for with thier vacation experience. I would recommend any other place than this one. Terrible people . Also while I was fishing in thier " stocked trout farm " one of the rude workers came out and started throwing fish pellets in the water . Just rude . Run dont walk away. We do a guy trip once a year and have stayed in alot of great places this i not one of them. On this site they have a 37% approval rating . That should say it all .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank troy w
Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed for 6 days while exploring Glacier National park and Kalispell. Park is very nice as you have space between the sites. Dust was bad due to gravel drives and people going too fast. Bathrooms were wonderful and clean, they do need more bathrooms, only one other than the ones at office. Laundry facility was clean functioned well. You can do laundry and while waiting get a wonderful shower. It was nice to have campfire at private campground and fire pits were great for cooking on. Staff was very nice. We will stay there again in the future.

1 Thank Teresa C
Taber, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was by far the worst campground my family has EVER stayed at!! The staff is extremely rude and not at all accommodating!! My family had the Canadian long weekend booked there and we decided that Monday to stay an extra night. My sis in law and I both paid cash that day for the extra night. Visa bill arrived in the mail and we had received a charge for that night...I called and tried talking with the staff about it, nobody remembers me paying cash and there wasn't a receipt stapled to my card. She was extremely rude to me about the situation and she even hung up on me on the phone...and I'm not happy about paying $80+ for our extra night. I did not authorize this campground to use my credit card to pay for this extra night. Never again will I stay here...I would rather stay in the Walmart parking lot!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kristin P
Bellefontaine, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We spent three weeks here in 7/2013 into 8/2013. The site was pretty, bathrooms excellent,laundry clean and nice and the staff treated us like royalty. We had a great time and I would stay again. My only complaint was the dust, but it was mostly caused but campers who do not know how to read a speedometer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buckeye1966
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Just spent 7 nights. Our campsite was under the trees and it wasn't an rv parking lot. Actually was like a campground. Grass area adjacent to our site. Bathrooms and laundry were sparling clean. Cool pond that or grand kids got to fish and hunt for crawdads. Close to Glacier national park, Flathead Lake, and fun activities. On our list of best campsites!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in space #38