“Huckleberry Memories”

The Huckleberry Patch Cannery, Restaurant, & Gift Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Hungry Horse
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I remember, as a child, finding and picking wild huckleberries with my grandmother in the woods near her southern home. She would make cobblers and yummy what a mind recounting of this special time with her! She is gone now and huckleberries are no longer around. So when we came upon this neat restaurant, gift shop, etc. my husband graciously stopped and let me spend some time there. If it is made, you can find it made here with huckleberry flavors, scents, or colors. We didn't eat at the restaurant but I did most of my souvenir shopping here. Being conservative with money, I usually wish, after the opportunity is gone, that I had purchased more, as is the case with this store.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

During the year, we often make day trips to GNP or camp, raft and recreate in the Hungry Horse area. I love, love, love huckleberries, especially huckleberry ice cream... especially at the Huckleberry Patch. No excursion is ever complete without a stop at this fun little snack bar. The prices are reasonable, the portions are generous and the ice cream and fudge are delish! We usually make a trip in December just to buy Christmas presents to send to friends and family... the canned pie filling makes awesome ice cream topping. I'm just saying...

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Great place to stop for the local specialty-- huckleberry anything! The meals are good, the potions size is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. a single scoop of ice cream ( which anywhere else would be a double scoop is $2.50! Buy a pie to take on your trip-- it was so good. There is a souvenir shop abut make sure it is "Made in Montana" to support local businesses- please don't buy the made in China plastic crap!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We are in-staters and whenever we're visiting Glacier, we stop here. The food is great, good sized portions and a great value for the price. My wife is a huckleberry addict, so we have to stop here to feed her addiction! The huck pie and ice cream are out of this world and are the best we've ever eaten. Friendly staff.
Oh, and this is one of the better gift stores that we've been visited in the area. So you can fuel your eating and shopping fetishes here!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Gave into all the hype about this place--everyone we spoke with in the Park, including Rangers, said it was great, so we decided to try it. The pie and ice cream is as good as everyone said it would be. We were shocked at how good. Will return next year when we revisit the Park.