Gili Lankanfushi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Paradise Island Resort & Spa(Lankanfinolhu Island)
Raalhu Lodge(Himmafushi Island)
View Hotel
Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives(Farukolhufushi Island)
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Kani(Kanifinolhu Island)
  • Beachfront
Kurumba Maldives(Vihamanafushi)
1,961 results
All reviewsno shoesjapanese restaurantoverwater barour honeymoonvilla suitesea restaurantfishman fridaysix sensesmarine biologistsun deckwine cellarrobinson crusoechef johnmain restaurantthe resort managerdolphin cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Fantastic water villas and resort, integrated well with nature, relatively close to a marine protected area and to the Male airport. Excellent restoration (great selection, ecological and gourmet dinning) and service, with friendly and resourceful staff. Great for both relaxation for couples and families. If you look for a quality vacation in paradise, you will get it in Gili Lankanfushi.

Room Tip: The residence villa in the East side are quieter and snorkeling there is quite good for beginners.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanster100
Steven-Philips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Joanster

Thank you very much for writing such a wonderful recommendation for our Resort, Gili Lankanfushi to couples and families.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed our blend of luxury, nature and world class cuisine.
It is our team of dedicated Hosts who have a genuine motivation to create the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. They have great satisfaction and enjoyment in achieving this and I will personally share your comments with them so that they know their efforts were recognized.

Thank you for providing travelers tips for other readers on the wonderful snorkeling to be had. Just this morning as our guests watched the lagoon from breakfast we had a beautiful hawks beak turtle and an eagle ray swim though our lagoon.

On behalf of all the Hosts at Gili Lankanfushi we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you both back once again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Reading all the fab reviews and watching all the pictures, we were afraid to be disappointed, but we weren't. The place is as amazing as all the other reviewers wrote, and much more beautiful in reality than in the photos. If you have the money, don't hesitate.
The hotel guests come from all parts of the world and the age ranged from honeymooners to couples in their 60s.
And now for the packing tips: the place is for total relaxation: no shoes, no fancy dresses for dinner, etc. So what you basically need is swimsuits and something absolutely casual for dinner (shorts and t-shirts or a day dress). That's it! The hotel has all the amenities (the sunbeds are even equipped with sunscreen lotion) and it's all about relaxing and enjoying the unbelievable views, amazing food, etc.
Can't imagine anything could have been better!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mirch
Steven-Philips, General Manager at Gili Lankanfushi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Mirch

It was with great pleasure that I was able to read out at this mornings team briefing, the great comments that you made on your TA Review. the team here were very proud to hear them and have immediately left the meeting to inform their teams at their daily briefs.

You are so correct when you say that at Gili Lankanfushi, we enjoy a guest demographic that spreads right through the age spectrum and this really does help the overall atmosphere around the resort. Our casual policy on attire when dining also helps guests relax to relax and also avoids " excess baggage payments" :)

We look forward to seeing you again on our fantastic Island and in the meantime assure you of our very best of intentions at all times.

Warmest of regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014

It is difficult to find the words to describe Gili Lankanfushi. Simply put: it is paradise. Absolute perfection from the moment you are collected at the airport in Male to the moment you, sadly, have to leave and return home.

We stayed in villa 21. I would thoroughly recommend the pontoon with villas 24 – 18 as they have a fantastic view of the lagoon and have wonderful decks. We also seemed to have a mini aquarium of beautiful fish underneath our villa.

There are so many aspects to Gili that make it so perfect. The food is delicious – freshly grilled fish or meat at lunchtime, more fruit than you could imagine or identify at breakfast and incredible themed buffet spreads in the evening. The Asian street market and the Mediterranean themed evening were highlights for us. The best shawarmas I’ve ever tasted, even better than in Doha! The evening meals alternate between buffet and a la carte – our preference was the buffet due to the sheer variety, but the a la carte was also delicious.

The location is obviously fantastic. It takes your breath away upon arrival and each morning we found ourselves convincing each other that we weren’t in a dream.

The one thing that stands out about this place, and made our holiday heaven on earth, is the people. The staff are absolutely fantastic. Never have I met such friendly, happy and wonderfully helpful people. They all know you by name and every waiter remembers your preference for still or sparkling water etc.. You are presented with things that you never even realised you wanted – before having to ask! This includes iced coffee by the pool, fresh fruit sorbets and even a charming young man who cleans your sunglasses for you so that you can better admire the view. I was given a list of all the staff who made our trip so perfect, but sadly I cannot find it. I would like to try and include special mention of these guys, so forgive me if I’ve misspelled any names! Ismail – the tall and charming man by the pool who plies you with iced coffee and sorbet throughout the day. Shawaf, Fayaz, Naveed (the Arsenal supporter) and Nashid (the Chelsea fan) who were our waiters in the restaurant for the week – what can I say?! They were so friendly, helpful and genuinely delightful people. My sister and I were so sad to leave, feeling that we’d found new friends on the island. Dev in the spa who is the most fantastic masseur. Finally, and not least, Ahmed – our wonderful Mr Friday. I have kept his business card in my wallet as I can’t bear to part with it. He is a charming, friendly and overwhelmingly helpful man who made our holiday so wonderful. I’d also like to thank all the housekeeping staff – they do a fantastic job (including putting bookmarks in books that had been left open!) and need to know that their work does not go unnoticed. I have missed many a name off here I’m sure!

Gili is by far the most amazing holiday I have ever had. I have been torturing myself with photographs of the island since our return to reality and I truly hope that I am able to return one day.

Room Tip: Pontoon with Villas 24 - 17 are by far the best! Villa 21 was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rosie F

Hi there.

Wow.. where do I start?

Your review when I read it out at the morning briefing, was so well appreciated by the team and although I need to talk to Naveed (the Arsenal fan) and Nashid (Chelsea!) about their taste in football teams ( I am unfortunately a West Ham fan), the team were very pleased to hear that you felt so many of them really looked after you during your stay with us.

As I have previously mentioned in my responses, the cuisine we serve to our guests is an extremely important part of the Gili experience and it is always superb to see when this part of a guests vacation is truly recognised. The same can also be said for the Meera Spa which is enjoyed by many of our guests. Having been on the Island for only a few weeks, I have only just started to go there and I have to say that it most certainly winds me down after a busy day at my beach front office.

Ahmed your Mr. Friday has said he will send you a new business card if you happen to lose it or if the type face wears out from being continuously in your wallet.

Thanks once again for taking time to complete your review of Gili Lankanfushi and we all very much look forward to seeing you here again.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was recommended this resort my the Malbeven travel. They arranged my whole trip and we had no hiccups along the way. The resort catered to every need of ours. I was very pleased with the facilities and how they handled every problem of ours.

Room Tip: any room is fine, really.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alyssa s

Dear Alyssa

I hope that your return home was smooth and that you are settled back into every day life after what I can see was an excellent stay with us at Gili Lankanfushi.

It was a pleasure to see that the team were able to cater for your every need as this is something we strive to do for each and every guest.

I was speaking to a guest only yesterday evening and they say something similar to what you mentioned and added that they feel that the nearly 300 hosts here are only for them because the service is so personal.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay and we very much hope that we will see you in the near future back at Gili Lankanfushi.

Best of regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This has been one of the best resorts I have been to, so far. You are gifted with privacy and breathtaking views at every angle. From the colorful sea to white sandy beaches to greenery, nature has blessed this place. On top of it, architectural elements are magnificently appreciative. Detailing is done excellently.
Services here are like no other too. Especially the food. Number of varieties in types and tastes.
All I can really say is that, this place offers more than what one wishes for, with zero negativity =)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Layana

Thank you so much for completing a TA review after your recent stay with us and I was very pleased to read that your stay with us was very good in all areas.

It was particularly good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our services and the food. Our Food and Beverage team are always so pleased to read this type of comment.

Many thanks once again for reviewing Gili Lankanfushi in such a positive way and we very much hope that you will come back to visit us again soon.

Warmest regards