“Very Greasy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
kalispell
“Very Greasy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Excited to see a new place in town. ordered chicken to go, when we got it home the fries were soggy and both chicken and fries were soaked in grease. Very pricey for a meal we couldn't eat. . Would recommend they either drain off the chicken n fries before boxing or fry at a higher temperature so foods are not absorbing so much. Will say the hot wings were above average. Won't be returning until I hear some better reviews.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank bigskycircusfam
amethyst0271, Manager at The Original Chicken Coop, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
I am personally sorry that you felt that way. It sometimes becomes hard to package an order "to go" that makes it home the same quality that we would serve "in house". If you had only let us know that you were unsatisfied we would have done everything in our power to make things right. Please do not cross us off of your list. It's like family here, all you have to do is say something! 8)

Kalispell, Montana
“Buffalo Wings at their best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

OMG are their Buffalo Wings delicious! Have not had such flavorful Chicken Wings since my last visit to Buffalo's Anchor Bar. Visit this place, you will not regret it!

• Visited June 2011
Kalispell, Montana
“The best fried chicken and fish in Kalispell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I have eaten at The Original Chicken Coop more times than I care to admit. I have also taken several friends and coworkers. To date it is unanimous: The Original Chicken Coop serves the best fried chicken and fish in Kalispell. Not only is the food great -- the portions are very generous, so it is a good value as well. I haven't tried everything on the menu (still working on that) but everything I've had is really good.

My two complaints are the wait time and the atmosphere. The wait issue is easily dealt with by calling ahead -- and the bottom line is . . . the food is worth the wait! The atmosphere really needs improvement. My suggestion would be . . . find a location that is not so out of the way and has decor which enhances the dining experience.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank GoodFoodSleuth
Kalispell, Montana
“It is a weekly wonderful habit!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

I like the chicken, but am crazy about the fish!! The long, thin soft fries are killer as is the tarter sauce to dip them and fish in. The baked beans are the best I have ever had and cole slaw a close 2nd.

Definitely, would recommend this small little family place.

• Visited April 2011
Kalispell, Montana
“We've tried the rest, and this is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

Give this place a chance to prove themselves. Chicken is delicious, and not greasy at all. Sure you may have to wait a few minutes for your order, but they do not not pre make your food so you can be out the door in 30 seconds. Considering the size of the portions I'd rate this restaurant as a very good value. As for the place looking like a car repair shop (past review) I wish my mechanic served slaw as good as theirs! Worth the drive, great friendly owners, and big on repeat customers.

• Visited April 2011