“Great Ride with Friendly Horses and Guide”

Artemis Acres Paint Horse Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: OPEN ALL YEAR WEATHER PERMITTING! Our horse rides are all guided, and go through miles of private timberland on both horse trails and logging roads with panoramic views of Flathead Valley. Though we do offer shorter lesson rides for the novice rider, our most popular ride, and the one providing the most fabulous scenery, is our morning or afternoon 2 hr ride. We also offer a half-day horseback ride, which includes a snack (this is only available in peak of season April- September). The Western BBQ Dinner ride is our personal favorite. Enjoy a late afternoon horseback ride to the mountaintop, followed by relaxing around the campfire while we prepare a traditional western barbecue. Live music! The BBQ is also only offered peak of season April-September. 1 hr ride - $50 2 hr ride - $65 4 hr ride - $120 BBQ w/ 1 hr horse ride - $85 BBQ w/ 1 hr wagon ride - $70 Just Dinner - $35 Cash price per rider, 4% processing fee for credit cards. Please call in advance to make a reservation!
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We visited Artemis Acres on our recent trip to Glacier National Park. We were so happy that Artemis would allow our 4 and 6 year olds to ride horseback because the horse company in Glacier National Park would not (they were too young for this other company's age cut off).

What I liked about Artemis Acres was that the owner and guides were personable and knowledgeable. My children do not ride horses frequently so I was especially glad for our guides' help with getting our children situated on their horses (though my 4 year old also had his dad to help him). I also liked that because the horses at Artemis have been either born or raised most of their lives at this farm, they are very easy to handle horses that are friendly with children and once in a while riders like myself. Our guide Connor kept a close eye on all of us, including another family who rode behind us. Connor pointed out where moose had made marks as well as where we could watch deer. My family and I saw beautiful views on our ride. We were also grateful that our children had such a positive first experience with real horseback riding. We'd love to return to Artemis on our next adventure to Montana. Definitely a top notch establishment.

Oh, and while the bathroom that is available is an outhouse, it was the cleanest, and I can't believe I'm writing this, but it was the coziest outhouse ever. Loved the comic strips hanging up inside, lol.

5  Thank Jessica M

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had an excellent 4 hour ride with our guide Alex (and guide dog Marty). The horses were quiet and calm and the trail had beautiful views. Alex was very reassuring for the guests who had limited experience with horses. Cecil the owner was very gracious on the phone, even as we made last minute reservations the night before our ride. He explained everything about the horses when we arrived. We had a great time and it was fun to mix our hiking in Glacier National Park with horseback riding.

3  Thank Goldfishtravel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We visited last week with children and adults. We had Such a great time. They were friendly and helpful and ensured that the children ( who had never been on horses before) were happy. They spent so much time with us ....showing us the new foals and explaining everything. Chuck was amazing!!! Thank you

2  Thank Annemarie253
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Did not see reviews before we went, but can affirm what others have said. Excellent horses, most were born, bred, and trained on ranch. Sure footed horses on steeper portions of trail, unbelievable views, Alex, our guide pointed out scenic portions, saw two deer and two grouse. Distant views of Glacier National Park and of Kalispell valley, guide dog Marty led the way!

3  Thank N3191FDave
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our family was on the timid side in terms of comfort with horses. My son was suppressing tears at the start of this ride and they immediately saw it, moved him to the front, and helped him through the initial stress of a new activity. In the end, he was glad he went and so was I. We wore helmets (mandatory for kids, optional adults) and did have to sign a rather silly waiver of liability (e.g., if I get a hangnail or if I die due to a major point of failure on Artemis' part, Artemis is not responsible) but whatever we wanted to ride. The ride was pretty and had gentle up and down grade with no steep drop offs. Cash price is cheaper than credit and instructors are knowledgeable about these horse. No horses went rogue and I especially liked getting Jack who was rather "lazy" until he sensed we were on the home stretch and then kept up with the others. Instructors do a good job of keeping the group together and making the ride as fun and safe as possible. Worth the (non-trivial) price tag! Our ride was an hour, though longer ones are available.

2  Thank bluntrater