“Rude!”
Review of Motel 6 Kalispell

Motel 6 Kalispell
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I didn't expect much in the way of frills for a budget hotel. I did expect staff to treat customers with some basic decency. Cheaper does not need to mean rude and ill-tempered.

When a fellow customer asked at the desk if he could borrow a can-openner to open a can of dog food for his dog, the clerk snapped "are you going to wash it." The customer was confused, so the clerk repeated, loudly "ARE YOU GOING TO WASH IT", again. She repeated this a third time, in the same tone.

I guess it never dawned on the clerk that her question might be confusing or demeaning, and that repeating the question, loudly, might not be an effective way at communication.

It certainly wasn't polite. It certainly wasn't a proper way to treat a customer. He left, pretty shaken by the interaction.

I lent the guy a can opener from my camping supplies. And I didn't ask him to "wash it" either, at least not in a way that would make him feel like crap.

It doesn't cost a cent to be polite or reasonable to customers. "Pet friendly" could also mean "friendly to owners of pets". But at this Motel 6, that night, the pet owner was treated like crap.

Worried about food residue on your precious can opener? Ask, politely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gord L

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Motel 6 in Canada has some very nice accomodations. Kalispell on the other hand, is the biggest dump one could ever stay it.

We only stayed here because every other place had no rooms available due to the fair that was in town.

It's comparable to a "Bates Motel"

Dirty beds, small room, got locked out of our room on night 1 of our 2 night stay.
Wifi not free.

All in all terrible.

The positive part of the stay was checking out without getting a disease during our stay.

Room Tip: best room tip is, go stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DutchMachine
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Paid 91.00 a night and it was certainly not worth 50.00...Clerk was very terse...A dead mouse lying on the outside stairway...Beds very small as well as the tv... No tub, only a shower... Yes I realize this is a low budget motel but come on..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorrie I
Reviewed 16 August 2013

When I'm staying in Kalispell, I'm looking for a clean, convenient, relatively inexpensive place to sleep. Last year I stayed in this Motel 6 to travel to Bigfork Summer Theater ( wonderful experience about 20 minutes away). An unexpected bonus was the friendliness of the staff. This year I stayed because of (1) last year's experience and (2) it was the cheapest hotel reasonably close for my 5:00 am need to be at Glacier International Airport. Again, the staff was really great -- letting me park my car for an out-of-town 2 days before I would be staying at the motel. There is a pool a Mexican restaurant next door and many other eating facilities nearby. I must admit I still smoke and it was an unexpected treat to me that I could smoke in my room as I worked at my computer many hours before my flight. I recommend this place because it met my needs: clean, reasonably priced motel where I needed it to be.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Typical Motel 6. Staff was very helpful and nice. The room was clean and small but adequate for a night's stay. We were right next to the pool (which looked very nice and was being used by a bunch of kids) and it was quiet by 9pm. Lots of dogs around and not a single one barking. All in all a very good experience here. Would stay again. Fairly easy ride to Glacier NP from here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Surprised about the quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. Only drawbacks are no breakfast or Wi-Fi included in the price of the room; this has become standards in the industry. The room has a shower instead of a bathtub which I highly welcomed. It has a small old style TV instead of a flat screen that is common now in most hotels

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the office; the face the main street that is quite noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

July 23 2013 we showed up with no reservation and Robin at the desk found us a room where we could see our motorcycles that we parked in the shade. Robin told me how to get to the Theatres and looked up what was playing. Service was excellent (Robin), beds are a little hard , but for the price, the rooms are clean and have everything you require.

Room Tip: South side upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family