I didn't expect much in the way of frills for a budget hotel. I did expect staff to treat customers with some basic decency. Cheaper does not need to mean rude and ill-tempered.
When a fellow customer asked at the desk if he could borrow a can-openner to open a can of dog food for his dog, the clerk snapped "are you going to wash it." The customer was confused, so the clerk repeated, loudly "ARE YOU GOING TO WASH IT", again. She repeated this a third time, in the same tone.
I guess it never dawned on the clerk that her question might be confusing or demeaning, and that repeating the question, loudly, might not be an effective way at communication.
It certainly wasn't polite. It certainly wasn't a proper way to treat a customer. He left, pretty shaken by the interaction.
I lent the guy a can opener from my camping supplies. And I didn't ask him to "wash it" either, at least not in a way that would make him feel like crap.
It doesn't cost a cent to be polite or reasonable to customers. "Pet friendly" could also mean "friendly to owners of pets". But at this Motel 6, that night, the pet owner was treated like crap.
Worried about food residue on your precious can opener? Ask, politely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 Kalispell is located near shopping and dining. Visit Kalispell Center Mall, Lone Pine State Park and Ranch Plaza Movie Theatre. Offers outdoor heated pool, Premium WiFi: 4.99 or Basic Wifi: 2.99 per 24 hours in all modern rooms, and coin laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Kalispell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Kalispell Hotel Kalispell
- Motel Six Kalispell
- Kalispell Motel 6
- Kalispell Motel Six
- Motel 6 Kalispell Montana