“Not a great experience”
Review of Motel 6 Kalispell

Motel 6 Kalispell
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Well, contrary to what many people have posted, I thought this place was a dump. Even pulling up to it, I was concerned. It just appeared run down and dirty. We were on room 201, which I'm guessing isn't non smoking, since it smelled so terrible. We left the door open for hours to try to air it out to no avail. So, needless to say, the bedding smelled the same. It was just a terrible experience, my husband and I both were itchy in the bed, and woke up with some kind of bites.
I only gave it 2 stars as the bathroom was clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would reiterate earlier review that this is a roadside motel designed for a place to crash. They don;t have shampoo, conditioner, box of tissues, hair dryer, clock. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. It is centrally located in downtown Kalispell, so is convenient in that regard. It does have a swimming pool. I wouldn't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided to spend our $$$ on other things and could only get a 5 nite stay at a couple of places. Another hotel for $250 a night or the old Motel 6....the AC was cold an drowned out all the motorcycles in the parking lot and the shower was hot. Other than that room service was spotty a couple of days and I had to go to the office for towels. TV is ancient but worked. Overall acceptable.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed here one night with my 18 yr old daughter on a cross border shopping trip. We checked in at 10 pm and were gone by 9 the next morning so we were just looking for a bed. The desk staff was an extremely helpful and friendly young man. He gave us a map and a bucket to get ice on our way up to the room, and reminded me to keep the hotel receipt for customs.

The room was great for two people with two double beds, a TV with lots of channels, and a bath with a shower (no tub, but that's fine by me). The rooms were clean and seemed recently painted or renovated. The bed was not the softest but I am a bit picky about that.

The parking lot was well lit and open, and the room seemed fairly noiseproof as I could only faintly hear the traffic on the busy street even though our room was near the front. We did not use the pool or try the coffee at the front desk. For a longer stay I may have wanted a place with free WiFi (its $3 per day) and a mini fridge, but I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Motel 6 is what it is....a roadside motel designed for a place to crash while en route somewhere.

Our room was clean and the bed was decent. Expect nothing from this place. No services. No room appointments other than one small bed, a TV and a shower.

It can get quite noisy with road traffic and other noise.

Bottom line is this. Kalispell sells out completely in the summer. So, stay here for $89 a night and wonder why you did....or pay $289 at the likes of the Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn.

Wifi is $2.99 a day and was decent although not fast by any means.

If you just want a bed to sleep in and a shower, this may do the trick. If not, keep shopping.

My "average" rating is based upon the fact it was affordable and clean.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

For a Motel 6, we found this to be a breath of fresh air. Clean rooms, friendly staff, everything looked after. We felt safe and refreshed here. Good location, just south of the cute downtown. Not too pricey, either. Would recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Smallish, clean room, comfortable bed. Wi-fi is free with an AARP card; otherwise there's a charge per day. This is the least expensive hotel in Kalispell, according to the front desk clerk. It's a fine place to sleep and shower. Not a room you'd want to spend a lot of free time in, but then, that's not why you're there. About a half hour ride to the western side of Glacier National Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple