“Great surprise!”

Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Montana's Best Burgers: American Kobe Beef, local bison, elk and yak. Small plates, steak, grilled seafood, spectacular entree salads, 100 craft beers, artisan wines.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was rated #1 in Kalispell by trip advisor, so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. We were greeted and seated immediately which was a good thing as the restaurant was filled with 30 minutes of our arrival at 5:30. Our waiter Chris was great and he knew the menu and made suggestions. I am vegetarian, so I ordered the vegetarian lasagna. The noodles were hand made and the vegetables were done to perfection and there was a red and a white sauce on it with distinct tastes. The presentation was beautiful. Hops has several draft beers and many bottled beers from all over the world and Chris could tell you about each beer. It was my birthday and Chris brought me a complimentary dessert. I had the chocolate mousse and it came with a candle and it tasted like the nectar of the gods. We would definitely return.

2  Thank 8sassy

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

New to Kalispell? Whether you're in the mood for NY steak, Elk burger, fresh salmon, hearty soup and salad, you'll be delighted with the options at Hop's. Friendly, competent service and cozy dining room. It's our go-to dinner upon arrival and we've never been disappointed. Word of caution, if you don't arrive close to opening you might have to wait for a table. Hang on, it's worth the wait!

1  Thank YsChoice4U
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Eating and drinking at Hop's was the highlight of my recent Seattle to Chicago road trip. My friend and I stayed across the street at the Kalispell Grand Hotel and decided to give Hop's a try. We sat at the bar and our bartender was one of the most knowledgeable and friendly I've ever come across in my travels. Even when the restaurant was busy, she still took the time to explain menu offerings to us, describe the attributes of local beers, and even engage in some conversation.

We tried the yak burger and the wild boar burger, both of which were delicious. We also managed to drink ourselves across the state of Montana with their sizeable local beer offerings on draught. The ambience was unique, with old record sleeves serving as decor, and cool tunes playing. I highly recommend Hop's to anyone passing through Kalispell!

4  Thank chiangmaihoosier
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended by tripadvisor and many locals. They are known for their burgers. I had the Yak burger that had pickled ginger, carmelized onions, and bbq sauce. It was of course different than a regular burger but was good. They also have a bison burger that has cheese and sage, which was also good. They also have a large selection of beers including local brews. I had one made in Billings by Carter brewery. I like a light beer and they had one named Kosh which was light and crisp. Make sure to visit here when you are in the area.

1  Thank macska
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recommended by TripAdvisor -- completely agree with the great rating -- this place has great food and beer; a must for anyone passing through.

1  Thank here_in_calgary