“Fantastic Family Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Family Getaway”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is great place to have a family holiday. The suites had a great layout, were very clean and beautifully maintained. We enjoyed sitting and enjoying the outdoor area with the bon fire, barbecue and green space for the kids to play. There was a hot meal provided for breakfast and dinner daily that we appreciated and the staff were always pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed 3 nights at the Homewood in Kalispell. The hotel is central to most shopping and has alert hora of restaurants nearby. The rooms are clean and fresh with a 2 burner range , microwave and a full side fridge. They have a full complement of cooking utensils, pots, pans and plates. walmart and Target is on either side of the hotel and Costco is across the street. Almost in the parking lot is a Cinemark movie theatre The hotel is completely clean and quiet. I have stayed at much "higher class" hotels but none as nice as this one. My complements to the owner, staff and management....well done folks!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Corpilot
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for two nights while visiting Glacier National Park. The room was large and spacious. There was a really nice pull out couch and a full size fridge too. It was a long drive to the park 40 minutes or so but the hotel was great. If you go, hit the pizza place next door for good food and a cold beer.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank djpeters
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Honestly, I wish I had chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn rather than here for my three nights at GNP. I had a much better experience at the two Hamptons I stayed at later in the week than I did here!

We arrived about 330 PM, check in was at 4. I asked if it was OK to check in early, and was told that our room wasn't ready yet. Ok... Well I did arrive early so I said that we would go grocery shopping then come back.

An hour later (430) I return with groceries. Ask to check in. No rooms are available or cleaned. Excuse me, but I started paying for this room at 4. So, while I'm standing there, the housekeeping lady walks out from the break area, moseying around. Leanne (who, over the two days I had to encounter her, you could tell her patience wore thin real quick) ask her when a room with two queens would be available. The housekeeper says "oh this room only needs the beds made". ??? If check in starts at four, why wasn't this done before you decided to just take your sweet time and hang around? So, I have to sit and wait another twenty minutes for two beds to be made. Finally at 5, we were able to get to our room. You know, if I had checked out late they would have charged me, but it's ok for them to not have anything done and make us check in late and still pay full price!!! And all I got was a sorry, thanks for your patience!

The room overall was clean, although the kitchen trash can was shoved in a cabinet with the previous guest trash still in it! No starter paper towels or napkins. And the table rolls, so don't do like I did and lean on the table.

All four sides of the hotel have mountain views, so don't pay extra just because it says mountain view. The room also had a ceiling fan, which was nice.

Breakfast was good, pretty good selection. Never ate the supper.

Leanne was, like I said, a bit short tempered, rude, and short with me. And the other guy who was working with her didn't seem like he knew what he was doing.

I would not stay here again and I would redirect anyone who considered staying here to the Hampton, or anywhere else. Not having ANY rooms available at check in, the rude staff, and left behind trash is unacceptable for the price I paid.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank jess412
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have never posted a review about a hotel before, but we enjoyed our stay so much I had to post. We stayed in the King mountain view suite. Lots of space and bed was comfortable. The hotel is located close to movie theatre, shopping and restaurants. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were both excellent. We especially looked forward to the freshly baked cookies in the evening. The staff is incredible and very friendly. We really enjoyed talking with Karen. She was great!. Overall, the rate was slightly more expensive than your regular hotel. But, more than worth it!. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Keep up the great work!.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It's gotten to where the bed is a top priority for me. A recent trend is to have low quality beds with pliable toppers to disguise the lack of support below. That doesn't work at all for a lot of us. This hotel does way better than that. The bed is comfortable and supportive. It felt good to get into it at night and good to wake up in the morning. Thanks for that. If all Homewood Suites are like this, I'll keep them high on my list in the future.

The suite was spacious, pleasant and comfortable. Cooking quarters were tight and utensils very limited. We used it and managed, though. The TVs were fine with a good satellite system that provided far more choices than most hotels. Furniture was comfortable enough. The bathroom area was small, but I prefer that. I'd much rather have more living area at the expense of bathroom space. Wifi was OK, but I kept having to log back into the network, an annoying hassle. The room was quiet most of the time, we didn't hear much from our neighbors, though active feet above us were a problem late one night. It stopped almost immediately after we called the front desk, though.

The biggest negative was the inability to open a window. I kept wanting to get some fresh air. Every time I got close to the window, I reflexively reached to open it. Not possible. I had to go outside for that. It would be nice to at least have some kind of a vent for outdoor air. But it's not there.

Breakfast and dinner were included. I'm not a fan of paying for meals I don't want and I've yet to see a chain hotel "free" meal that I thought was worth eating. What I sampled here didn't come close to breaking the rule. If you don't care, these meals can be a plus. But for us, it's a minus. I'd much rather have gotten a break on the astronomical summer pricing and missed out on the food, which I made a point of after a taste of dinner our first night.

The location next to a movie theater and some big box stores lacked any sort of charm or character, but you might find this to be an advantage if that has appeal for you. Still, it's easy to get to Whitefish or start driving toward Glacier Park without having to get through town if there's any traffic. On the tradeoff scale, location is fine in this regard.

The gym was typical for a hotel like this. Not much there, but way better than nothing and in good condition. We didn't go into the pool, but it looked fine. There's a decent "back yard" with a couple of nice grills, something I discovered too late just after cooking some meat in our room.

The staff was professional and helpful.

Even though I've picked away at some things that were a problem for us, we had a nice stay and the positives outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank megria
Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Well, it all worked very well for us. New, clean, quiet, good bedding, good linens. I'd book again in a minute. Good reasonably close location for visiting the national park, with walking access to tourist-support shopping. We found the front desk and dining hosts friendly and prompt; more like exemplary . (Management, you should give Karen a raise)! I'm not a Hilton regular, but would guess our stay was how Hilton HQ hopes a guest stay transpires. (Perfect? No, but close).

I enjoyed the frontier-theme touches in the public areas giving the place a bit of differentiation and local color. I'd love them to take it a bit farther into the rooms than just the slightly-rustic furniture. Bit I'm picking now.

Prices are higher than you might expect for a small city, but in line with the market. (Set your rate expectations accordingly or Kalispell might not be for you). It is a short season in a high-demand area Every place in town charges twice what they do in Kansas.

The food is warm, filling, and abundant, if commercial and on the fat-gram side. Or maybe I just can't control myself. If staying for a longer time I would really appreciate how they don't repeat menus often like some competitors.

I'm sorry to read guests who probably overlapped with us had some bumps. But based on our experience I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple