“The best Econolodge so far”

Econo Lodge Kalispell
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Cranbrook, Canada
“The best Econolodge so far”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have stayed in quite a few Econlodges over the years, this one was so far the best of them. My room was clean and in good repair. The WiFi was excellent, the water temperature consistent, the bed very comfy, and I enjoy a room with blackout drapes which it has.
I was greeted upon my arrival by Dave, the manager, who was exceptionally friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. The next day when I went down for coffee there was another woman at the desk, she said that she was new, but she was excellent, warm and gregarious, obviously experienced in customer service although new to the property. The time changed to daylight savings time, and when I arrived for breakfast I was 10 or 15 minutes late instead of 50 or 45 minutes early. The front desk woman went into the fridge and offered me the breakfast items. That was above and beyond, and so much more helpful than the budget Econlodges that I am used to.
All of the housekeeping staff greet you as you walk by, as do maintenance.
I wasn't planning on staying in the room much, there is lots to do in Kalispel, I needed a comfortable inexpensive place to stay that had smoking rooms and this was it. It is easy to get everywhere around Kalispel and area from there. I see that someone else's review said that they paid $100 per night, that must have been in high season. I booked through choicehotels.com and got the room for close to $40 per night.
It was off-season for the hot tubs, so they were closed.
I would, and probably will, stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My stay at the econolodge was very pleasant. I stayed there with my family and we had a very nice time. The hotel was clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and nice. It is very much affordable compare to the nice over-all experience .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2011

When we arrived the front desk girl was very friendly. We got to our room. It was a clearly outdated! We looked for the pool couldn't see it, so go back to the front desk and have been informed that it was filled in 3 weeks prior. Very lame story and clearly a lie as there was no fresh cement. The two hot tubs were disgusting and had not been cleaned in sometime. You couldn't sit out by the hot tubs due to a nest of yellow jackets living under the deck. Our last night there was the worst. We had left for the day, came back to the room. It was never cleaned and the toilet would not flush. I was glad to know I was leaving and would NEVER stay there again. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kalispell hotels

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Beds were uncomfortable and not the cleanest place I have stayed in. The a/c was not cold. Not expecting the Hyatt, but want a clean place with a comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2011
Havre MT
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here two nights. Booked it because it was the only room available except for very expensive rooms or The Outlaw Inn at which we had two previously unpleasant experiences. Our room was newly carpeted and furnished (ugly, faux-stressed furniture) but serviceable. Flat screen TV. Unlike comments from some of reviewers our linens were white, crisp and clean. Wife complained bed hurt her back but she suffers from chronic back pain and many mattresses are painful for her. I slept soundly and comfortably. We are not early risers and were in no hurry to check out but housekeeper knocked on door both mornings and there was not a Do-Not-Disturb sign available in room. Nevertheless, the housekeeper was very polite and did a good job when she returned to clean later. Breakfast is OK for tiding you over if in a hurry but if you want a full breakfast you need to go elsewhere. There is a hot tub but no pool. We have our own at home so don't usually use them at hotels. There was a strange electrical sounding buzzing that came from somewhere outside our room that was annoying to me as I wear a hearing device but my wife barely noticed it. Rooms open to outside parking lot and there is no view except of the parking lot. We prefer enclosed corridors. All in all I would say that if you are looking for economy and just a place to sleep you could do worse.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Landon B
British Columbia
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We have travelled a lot and not too picky, if the beds are clean and we feel secure. I can't say that either was covered. Rooms are horribly outdated, stains on the mattresses and towels and funk smell in the room. Save your money!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hockeymom11
Ennis, Montana
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Room was not clean and was never cleaned during our stay. Linens were gray. Towels were stained. If you don't plan to grow vegetables on the carpet, stay away from this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family