“Great Hotel & Convention Center, but terrible food & service”

Hilton Garden Inn Kalispell
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 26 June 2008

This hotel is new and very clean! My room was in mint condition! Everything was clean & crisp!

My room faced highway 93 and I didn't have any problems with noise. But I would advise to request a room facing 93 becuase the back of the hotel is facing the helicopter airport which is noisy!

The manager who checked me in was great to deal with and was able to answer my questions at the time. I went down two more times throughout my stay with questions and both front desk clerks were EXTREMELY RUDE!!! The hotel has digital cable which was nice for chanel selection, but there is not any pay per view movie access.

The convention center was great! Very spacious and clean. But the food all three days was cold & disgusting and most of the wait staff was very rude.

All in all I would stay here again if I was simply passing though. But I would never plan and extended stay or convention here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank taralynn86

Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed in the Hilton Kalispell for two nights in mid June of 2008. It was part of a 2 week vacation in the area. The room was clean and very comfortable. Unfortunately, we faced the back of the hotel and behind the hotel is an airport. There are helicopter and small planes taking off as early as 7am. This isn't normally a problem, but we are on vacation. The doors between the rooms also don't have any insulation. We could hear our neighbors talk, use the phone, and use the microwave starting at 5:15am. I have a real pet peeve about hotels that don't put an apparatus on the room doors so they don't slam. Most people don't think about this when they leave their room and therefore, their door slams behind them. This Hilton location doesn't have them and everyone slammed their doors. I think I ended up with about 4 hours sleep per night and it was interrupted with every door slam. To top it off, the hotel put a dance troop in the room across the hall. Several children running in and out. Between the airport, the doors slamming, and the noise from my neighbors, it wasn't very restful.

To the hotel, insulated doors and an apparatus to keep the doors from slamming would be a start. Also, place young children in the same part of the hotel. The hotel wasn't full so it would seem possible. Your staff is friendly and the room itself is well furnished and comfortable.

Reviewed 12 June 2008

My parents are very, very, very, hard to please. I sent them to The Hilton Garden Kalispell, and guess what....not a single complaint....It's a miracle I tell you....they never like anything.....The bed is comfortable, room big and clean, micro, fridge, 2 flat Screens in the Suite, they love the Casino and the free food. Shila at front desk is very accomidating. I know where they will be staying from now on and I will not have to worry about a thing. This Hotel also has a great location. Easy to find your way around town and surrounding areas. It is truely a miracle. Woo Hoo. Sue and The Kings from Florida

Reviewed 9 June 2008

My husband and I were absolutely enchanted with the Kalispell-Whitefish area. Much of this has to do with the great service and staff at the Hilton Garden Inn. The room was comfortable, spotless and special requests were quickly attended to.

The Hilton Garden Inn is located south of Kalispell proper. It's a quick jaunt to Big Fork and the recreational opportunities on the lake. There's a restaurant on site and a grocery store is conveniently located next door. However, the main shopping and most restaurants are north of downtown Kalispell and/or in Whitefish. You will definitely need a car to get around.

1  Thank thkent
Reviewed 28 May 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights and was very happy with the hotel. The room was very nice and had a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The fitness center was one of the nicest I have ever used and had 2 nice flatscreen TVs, There is also an indoor pool which looked very nice, but I did not use it. There are two restaurants (one is just for breakfast) on the property and there is a grocery store within walking distance which was handy. The staff was always cheerful and helpful with tips for dining and directions. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2008

I spent 2 nights in May, 2008 for business purposes. The hotel is great with very efficient and friendly staff all around. It seems fairly new, beds are extremely comfortable and the complementary internet service had very good connectivity. The business center is also satisfactory and you can print documents from your room to the printer in the business center.
Breakfast was very good, I got an egg-white omelette, prepared just as I'd requested. I had a very early flight the day I was leaving and the shuttle driver was promptly there at 4.45 a.m. And although I did not request a wake-up call, one as set up anyway by the front desk. The service was truly outstanding and this will be my #1 choice of hotel should I return for business or otherwise.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We managed to still have a romantic weekend away - with no help from the hotel staff.
My significant other planned an amazing weekend away - he booked a the 'spa suite' weeks in advance. However to our disappointment, they gave away our room before we got there. Staff then tried putting us in a smoking room - ugh. Finally, three rooms later, we finally found a temporary room for the night. We switched rooms in the morning. The day we were checking out, I found a baby soother under the couch - yuck.
I can say AMAZING things about the staff in the lounge. We thoroughly enjoyed the company, and the service was outstanding. We met fantastic people who worked at the boat shop just down the street.
Overall - the hotel wasn't so good - but the night entertainment somewhat made up for it!!!
Thank you to the staff and locals in the lounge!!!
Your friends from Canada